Upgrading through every version of windows

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of a project of showing all windows from the first to the last. Pretty informative.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnehDhGa14&feature=feedf[/youtube]

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Nice job.
It's funny to think I've used most of the versions of Windows you showed and am much younger than a lot of people here.
I've used up to 2000 I think. then I went to xp for a while, and now I have vista. We still have some old windows lying around and still use them for things.

Also, I didn't show that, it was someone else.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I'm surprised how well it went actually, i've never been much of a fan of upgrading, i've always gone the backup/format/install route. May give it a go next time though.

I From that video I have used Windows 3.1 all the way through to 7, and also MS-DOS 5.

Out of curiosity where abouts does Windows ME fit in? I assume just before or after Win2000? (i have vague memories of my parents computer using it and running into countless problems)

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I have used 95, grew with 98, never used to 2000, but we upgraded from 98 to xp, skiped the shity vista, and got windows 7 late last year, now we have 8 around the corner

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my history:

98 SE
xp professional 32 bit
vista ultimate 32bit
7 professional 64bit (desktop) + 7 home premium 32bit (laptop)

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit I've used all those operating systems at some point (mostly last year when I decided to spend all my time in networking learning about legacy hardware and software)
Damn that looks fun though......(Upgrading repeatedly is fun looking...is there something wrong with me?)

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice video, nostalgia'd hard when i saw 95
tongue.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vividly remember either upgrading from 95 to 98 or buying a new computer that had 98 on it. (I don't recall which, but I do recall being extremely interested, which is probably no coincidence.)

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
My history:
XP
(then linux then back to XP)
Then Vista
Then XP again
Then 7 beta
Then XP
Then Vista
Then 7
Awesome right?
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds +1