Translation Unfinished Translation Projects That Could Be Revived!

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Claire/NVF who's comment I linked is a programmer who has been with the OHSHC- The Manga Dub! team since they began working on the project in 2021. You can find the team's twitter account here :)

(But there was a past attempt from 2010 which died out. The leftover translations from that are linked in the first post of this thread.)

jinakou

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
Kurayami Hate had a project too iirc there's the prologue fantranslated here somewhere...
Here
/threads/kurayami-no-hate-de-kimi-wo-matsu-open-translation.416428/

Saikin koi shiteiru and love duel look fun too...xD

Last edited by jinakou,

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought those two were for the Super Nintendo?
Yep, they are! :) Given that both were ported to Steam (and are the "definitive" versions with some new content), I don't think there's much of a point in translating those. There were also remakes of Saga 2 and 3 for the NDS, so maybe he meant those two, but those got translated by CrimsonNocturnal already, so I think it's better if things that don't have a translation at all get translated.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep, they are! :) Given that both were ported to Steam (and are the "definitive" versions with some new content), I don't think there's much of a point in translating those. There were also remakes of Saga 2 and 3 for the NDS, so maybe he meant those two, but those got translated by CrimsonNocturnal already, so I think it's better if things that don't have a translation at all get translated.
The first SaGa game for SNES got translated, and people still wonder when and if someone will do the same with 2 and 3.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first SaGa game for SNES got translated, and people still wonder when and if someone will do the same with 2 and 3.
You mean the Romancing Saga games, right? And not the actual first three Saga game (also known as Final Fantasy Legend in the West, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Legend_II), since they never came out on snes. The RS 2+3 came out on Steam, as I mentioned, so although it'd be nice to compare it with the original version on SNES, AGT doesn't translate games that already have an official translation, so you're going to have better luck with another team. I'd recommend just playing these two instead, esp. as they contain new content approved or made by Kawazu (the maker of the games).

Also the third game has been translated, some say it's apparently only listed as "unfinished" since it never went through editing and is the "first draft" and that it's perfectly good enough, others say it is missing stuff.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/416/

But as I mentioned, AGT said they don't do translations of games that already have an English translation, so there's basically 0 chance of them doing this, since both games have Steam remasters and the DS games were already translated (since they primarily do DS games, and this is the thread in the DS section). ;)

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You mean the Romancing Saga games, right? And not the actual first three Saga game (also known as Final Fantasy Legend in the West, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Legend_II), since they never came out on snes. The RS 2+3 came out on Steam, as I mentioned, so although it'd be nice to compare it with the original version on SNES, AGT doesn't translate games that already have an official translation, so you're going to have better luck with another team. I'd recommend just playing these two instead, esp. as they contain new content approved or made by Kawazu (the maker of the games).

Also the third game has been translated, some say it's apparently only listed as "unfinished" since it never went through editing and is the "first draft" and that it's perfectly good enough, others say it is missing stuff.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/416/

But as I mentioned, AGT said they don't do translations of games that already have an English translation, so there's basically 0 chance of them doing this, since both games have Steam remasters and the DS games were already translated (since they primarily do DS games, and this is the thread in the DS section). ;)

I was referring to Romancing SaGa, of course.

And I know AGT Team, as suggested by the name, only translates games that are based on Japanese anime. But still, there are other translation teams who can always take up to making a good translation patch. Excluding Aeon Genesis, there are groups like Dynamic-Designs, Translation Corporation, LIPEMCO! Translations and other minor groups and solo authors (Tom, for example).

The only thing to be sure is if the translated script comes out good.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was referring to Romancing SaGa, of course.

And I know AGT Team, as suggested by the name, only translates games that are based on Japanese anime. But still, there are other translation teams who can always take up to making a good translation patch. Excluding Aeon Genesis, there are groups like Dynamic-Designs, Translation Corporation, LIPEMCO! Translations and other minor groups and solo authors (Tom, for example).

The only thing to be sure is if the translated script comes out good.
They actually translated some non-anime games like Ore ga Mamoru. But yeah, let's see! Personally I think the chances are now much lower, given how the Steam ports/remakes are out, but you'll see if anyone picks it up or not. :)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I forgot this was a nintendo ds thread when i posted this
Btw is there a particular reason you want the SNES version, like to try the original, vs just going for the Steam version? Or is it due to the price? Both 2 and 3 (plus other saga games for diff or same discounts) are on sale for -70% on Steam now btw, if you'd be interested.

Last edited by Fel,

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Btw is there a particular reason you want the SNES version, like to try the original, vs just going for the Steam version? Or is it due to the price? Both 2 and 3 (plus other saga games for diff or same discounts) are on sale for -70% on Steam now btw, if you'd be interested.
To try the original

Reactions: Fel

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Btw if there's anyone interested in translating otome games, someone made an almost complete text translation of Angelique for SNES and uploaded all the text up on google docs, and they're open to collaborating/allow anyone who wants to actually insert the text into the game and do the hacking part to do so. Now the reason why I mention this, is because Angelique also has a DS remake called Angelique Duet (that adds the rival as a playable character and adds a bit of new lines for her), so if anyone would like to use the project for the DS remake, I'm sure the author would be fine with it as well. So the majority of the project (translation) would be done, so the main part left would be to translate the few extra bits of dialogue (I think someone said the LI dialogue is copy pasted, so only the new rival has a few extra lines) and hacking/inserting the text of the 90%+ translation.

It's considered the first otome game and the one inspired many of the "girl gets isekaied into a magic school with LIs and a love rival" genres, except in this game you compete to become a magical Queen that governs over a world/s/Galaxy and are given your own world to preside over as a part of the selection process.

https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Angelique_(game)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the info @Fel ! It seems that a patch for the DS version by the above translator (indigozeal) and BonillaP (who created this thread) may already be in progress, at least according to this video which was recently shared on reddit.
Ohh that's super cool, thanks for the info! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto