Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playing TWEWY for a while now but recently the game just restarted COMPLETELY, deleting the save file with it (That initialising message thingy on startup)

To elaborate, it all began when i wanted to use DSATM to implement some money cheats (with a tricky activation) into the game and then replace the clean game with the modded one. at that time i backed up my save file just incase. As i sort of expected, the save file was removed, so i went to use my back-up to replace the save file. UNFORTUNATELY when i do that, the initialising message comes up again! Though it was the first time it happened, i stopped sulking and just continued it again.

Then today, that same thing has happened again and it's driving me crazy! But this time the card had to be re-inserted. i experimented with reinserting the card and it doesnt always clean up the save file.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING! i want my save file back!

P.S. im using N-card.

D

Deleted User

Well, I think it's gone. If you trawl FileTrip or GameFAQs, you can find new savefiles and put them on your flashcart. Usually, when the savefile is deleted, it is overwritten to make space for the new one, so your best bet is to search for savefiles, of which there are many around. Try different firmware for your cart or something.

Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JetKun said:
Well, I think it's gone. If you trawl FileTrip or GameFAQs, you can find new savefiles and put them on your flashcart. Usually, when the savefile is deleted, it is overwritten to make space for the new one, so your best bet is to search for savefiles, of which there are many around. Try different firmware for your cart or something.
but the problem is that if i put in a new savefile, TWEWY will just act as if there was no savefile at all, in other words, it will give the initialisation message.
i might consider the firmware bit but idk which version i should be using
then again, the "uh ther's no save so i'll just restart" problem might be due to the game itself.

Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
4. As for M3, all games which "white out for 1 second before the game starts"(like Pokemon) won't exit white screen via extlink. i.e. moonshell2/waio/ysm3 don't support them.
does this mean that those games cannot be played? if so, that practically applies to all of my games.

EDIT:on a side note, it's very easy for the card to lose contact with the DS, which usually means multiple attempts on inserting the card is required before it can actually be recognized

D

Deleted User

You can try
unsure.gif

Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im gonna try getting the rom from another source and see what happens.

UPDATE: Turns out it isnt a problem to do with the rom, rather my card, UNLESS the rom is meant to have some kind of save file detection mechanism. Not sure if i can trust WAIO to be used on my N-card.

D

Deleted User

augh. Make WAIO so it can launch from the default firmware of your cart.

D

Deleted-236924

Syzero said:
im gonna try getting the rom from another source and see what happens.

UPDATE: Turns out it isnt a problem to do with the rom, rather my card, UNLESS the rom is meant to have some kind of save file detection mechanism. Not sure if i can trust WAIO to be used on my N-card.
And why shouldn't you trust WAIO?

Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i really don't know... i just feel uneasy if i ever have to modify the firmware or something.
QUOTE said:
augh. Make WAIO so it can launch from the default firmware of your cart.
and how do i do that?

P.S. how do i know if my flashcart (N-card) supports extlink?

Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried using it, but i keep getting that blue/black screen problem.
I tried putting in the inilink stuff but that didnt help.
i could use some help here...

EDIT: Apparently the globalsettings.ini is meant to configure which skin to use, is this true? 'cuz it doesn't say anything about skin configurations. On a side note, i can't seem to run moonshell 2.

EDIT2: I think i discovered the cause - my card's autosave feature made it save in 256kb, but when i manually chose it, it ended up 512kb. i might try searching for save states and see what happens this time..

EDIT 3: It Turns out that it works now! was using wrong save files....

EDIT 4: Never mind what i said, the card is now randomly not reading the current save file occasionally...and i can't tell if it's gonna happen or not.
the chance of this happening is random, and whether it happens rarely or not i dont know.

EDIT 5: so far, this happens everytime i leave the ds off overnight. note that it is only happening for this particular rom. It might be because the rom is trimmed....

Syzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bump

P.S. I can't run moonshell 2 for somereason, i get application has been halted. Also I really need help with this as im getting pissed seeing my save files 'expire' on the next day....

EDIT: Forget it...it turns out my battery is near-dead...gotta keep doing the 'reset to menu' thing...
And how do i soft reset? LRABXY doesnt work...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: lol That page name