Get the Mew event at home!

Due to the recent pokemon distribution, and the inefficiency of Nintendo France, I added the GAME Spain Nintendo Zone in my NbaHomePass program. It is now possible to simulate this Nintendo Zone and then get a code to receive the event.

I. Set up NbaHomePass

First you are going to need the program itself, you can download it here : http://mrnbayoh.tumblr.com/downloads (don't forget to download the BASE256.txt).

Then put the two files in a folder.
Open a command prompt and enter : "cd PATH" where PATH is the path to the folder containing the file.
You can now write : "nbahomepass.exe base256.txt false XXX XXX" where XXX is a number that does not matter if your are not going to homepass.
Then press enter, le program will start and continue the configuration until you see : "Starting hosted network...".

II. Get the code

Before doing anything, delete your main wifi connection from the 3DS, or prevent it to connect to your home wifi by changing the SSID for example.
Then power on your console, you should see a message saying you that the Nintendo Zone service is available.
Open the Nintendo Zone app, and then you will see the event ad, just click on the middle button of the screen and you will get the code.
You can now receive your event!

I am sorry if the tutorial is a little bit quick but I have currently some exams. I just wanted to make the thing doable by everyone.

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An update on trying to get multiple codes: I attempted to use a different Nintendo Zone (not included in NbaSpotpass) for GameMania, which also is providing Mew codes this way. Unfortunately, it still generated the same code.

Reactions: Lucky16

Nintendo4DSXL

Pokémon-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
An update on trying to get multiple codes: I attempted to use a different Nintendo Zone (not included in NbaSpotpass) for GameMania, which also is providing Mew codes this way. Unfortunately, it still generated the same code.
Can you give me the SSID and Mac for GameMania?

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you give me the SSID and Mac for GameMania?
The SSID is GameManiaZone, the MAC is not important. The key, however, is important, and I cannot give it away unfortunately (against GBATemp rules). If you know how to get to the file hotspot.conf by decrypting a certain CIA, it is found Base64 encoded in there.

Reactions: pikpol

Nintendo4DSXL

Pokémon-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The SSID is GameManiaZone, the MAC is not important. The key, however, is important, and I cannot give it away unfortunately (against GBATemp rules). If you know how to get to the file hotspot.conf by decrypting a certain CIA, it is found Base64 encoded in there.
Can you send it via PM?

D

Deleted User

OP
And it is better for all of us to not spread the keys.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried setting up a virtual wi-fi spot, didn't manage to do it. I do all the steps and I can't make it work.
I just do all the steps correctly. I get the right messages but I can't move on.
where do i find how to create a virtual hotspot? i really want a code too :)
Setting up your attwifi network

Now when you've done that time to go into cmd. Type cmd and right click run as administrator.

Type in:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password

(press enter on your keyboard)

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

(press enter on your keyboard)

To stop the connection type: netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
From this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#Windows7

Last edited by Patxinco,
D

Deleted User

OP
I use a WiFi stick and my internal chipset, but it seemingly only accepts one at a time. The sharing won't start and if it starts I get errors at the spotpass app on my system like that there's no connection. But I get street pass hits again.
Are you able to set up the virtual wifi with an internet access?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
MAC would be pretty nice to get.
I'm gonna try to add ssid and mac to spillpass on raspberry pi and connect then to the nintendo zone to see if i can get it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone +1