YT2WAD Guide

This program allows you to actually convert YouTube videos to WADs (Wii channels) very quickly without having to use from a downloader offline or online such as y2mate to download YouTube videos, to converting them to SWFs.

Here's the requirements you will need in order for my program to work:

1. a YouTube video

2. Python: https://www.python.org/downloads/ and along with pytube: https://pypi.org/project/pytube/

3. ffmpeg: https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

STEP 1: Get my program: https://gbatemp.net/download/yt2wad.38376/

STEP 2: Turning off your Anti-virus

Well, you don't have to though, but if your anti-virus detects that you're aren't able to start the program & not have an inappropriate way, make sure you turn off your anti-virus just incase.

STEP 3: Extraction

Use a zip extractor such as WinRAR to extract the zip for yt2wad and ffmpeg. But this time for ffmpeg, make a folder in your C directory, "ffmpeg", and then in your zip extractor, open the ffmpeg zip archive and go to the bin directory in a zip extractor whatever extractor you have, select the 3 executables, and extract those 3 in C:\ffmpeg.

STEP 4: Editing your system environment variables for ffmpeg.

Open "System Properties" on your computer by searching in, "edit the system environment variables" and open that up, go to, "Environment Variables". At the system variables section, scroll down until you see, "Path". Select path and click the new button and paste in, "C:\ffmpeg" and click the ok button. Finally, if the apply button is enabled, click that and the ok button, otherwise if the apply button is disabled, just click the ok button to exit its system properties

STEP 5: Installation

Open the yt2wad installer and click next. You can either check to create a shortcut for the program or uncheck to not create a shortcut, click next and install.

Then move on to the Python installation and keep clicking next until you see the install button as well in the Python installation window.

STEP 6 is final.
Run the yt2wad program on your computer, and paste in a YouTube video url, after that press enter to begin the conversion.
Whenever you're in the part that says
output.swf
1 file(s) copied.
Just press enter to continue and when you're in the part of where it asks you to enter your title ID, there's instructions on how to do that too and once you have entered your title ID, you're done! Install your WAD on your Wii, vWii, or Dolphin. For vWii & Wii, make sure you have a brick-protection/anti-brick such as Priiloader, BootMii or Dump Mii NAND (vWii only) before you install your WAD. I hope you enjoy this tutorial.

Last edited by redfire_mrt,

BgYs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I get this error after pasting the link on the program.

1713646098998.png

I tried running it with administrator perms and I got this pop up.

1713646132550.png

BgYs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
do u have ffmpeg and pytube installed?
yes I do, there was a tutorial on youtube but apparently the video has been removed, do you think you can upload a new video showing the installation process?
Post automatically merged:

I finally know why. I hadn't made a good install of ffmpeg (I had extracted the whole folder .zip on C:\ffmpeg instead of just pasting the ffmpeg executables). Also, I had added PATH variable into Users Variables instead of System Variables.

1713782806300.png

1713709197620.png

Works fine now, the WAD works as it should!
Post automatically merged:

Is it possible to use local .mp4 files instead of youtube links? I mean I can always upload the video to youtube and redownload but would be cool to skip that step

Last edited by BgYs,
Reactions: redfire_mrt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto