Need for Speed Hot Pursuit ANDROID PORT NFSHP Vita v.1.0 - Electry

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Need for Speed fans, here comes one of the most waiting VITA Racing Ports ever !
And best of all, also compatible with PSTV !

Title : Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Android

Description :
From the 1 interactive racing franchise, bring the heat with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for Android!
Stop racers cold in high-speed police cars like the Lamborghini Reventon and challenge a friend to a head-to-head Cop vs. Racer showdown via local WiFi or Bluetooth. Made to maximize the Retina Display, the eye-popping visual quality will blow you away!
- Features 20 real world production cars
- Access 15 cop cars in Career and Quick Play
- Go head-to-head as Cop or Racer via local WiFi or Bluetooth
- Select from 5 cop cars and 5 racer cars in Hot Pursuit Multiplayer
- Drive Coastal, Mountains, and Desert environments with 3 lighting conditions for each
- Take on 24 Cop Career Events
- Pick up and play as a Cop in Quick Play Mode
- For the first time, experience elevation, plus gradients and split roads
- Made to maximize the Retina Display

Release Name : NFSHP Vita v.1.0 (First Release)

Author : Electry ''Michal Chvila''

NFO :
This is a wrapper port of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Android for the PS Vita.
The port works by loading the official Android ARMv6 executable in memory, resolving its imports with native functions and patching it in order to properly run.

Download :
https://github.com/Electry/nfshp_vita/releases
or
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/1173

Install :

Note Game Data Files : Unfortunately the game was taken down from the Google Play store and is not available for download unless you have bought it previously.

Requirements ->
- Game Data Files: Android
- kubridge.skprx
- fd_fix.skprx OR repatch_ex.skprx
Install kubridge and FdFix by copying kubridge.skprx and fd_fix.skprx to your taiHEN plugins folder (usually ur0:tai) and adding two entries to your config.txt under *KERNEL:
*KERNEL
ux0:tai/kubridge.skprx
ux0:tai/fd_fix.skprx
NOTE: Don't install fd_fix.skprx if you're using repatch plugin

Android Data Files ->
- Obtain your copy of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit version 2.0.28 legally from the Google Play store in form of an .apk file and an .obb file (usually located inside the /sdcard/android/obb/com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf/ folder). You can get all the required files directly from your phone or by using an apk extractor you can find in the play store. The apk can be extracted with whatever Zip extractor you prefer (eg: WinZip, WinRar, etc...) since apk is basically a zip file. You can rename .apk to .zip to open them with your default zip extractor.
- Copy the main.2022.com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf.obb file to ux0:data/nfshp/
- Open the apk and extract libnfshp.so from the lib/armeabi folder to ux0:data/nfshp/.
Optional Intro Video :
(Opening Video Playback): Extract published/.nfshp_intro_h800.mp4 from the .obb file and transcode the video stream to AVC (ffmpeg can be used for this task with the command ffmpeg -i .nfshp_intro_h800.mp4 -c:v libx264 -c:a copy opening.mp4). Once converted, copy opening.mp4 to ux0:data/nfshp/.
- Install NFSHP.vpk on your PS Vita.

NOTE -> rename main.2028.com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf.obb to -> main.2022.com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf.obb

Notes :

- Multiplayer features are not yet implemented in this Vita port.
- Because the game requires touchscreen for menu navigation, you may not be able to play it on PSTV.
EDIT -> PSTV over Touchscreen Pointer setting = WORKING
- The original Android game only supports accelerometer for steering and touch for other actions. The in-game input - controls were reimplemented on the Vita, allowing you to use the analog joystick and hardware buttons, which are mapped accordingly:
Left Joystick - Steering
Left Trigger - Braking
Right Trigger - Acceleration (Auto-Acceleration is enabled by default, and can be disabled in the game's options)
Cross - Nitro
Circle - Handbrake
D-PAD Up - Trigger Roadblock / Overdrive
D-PAD Left - Trigger Spikestrip / Oil slick
D-PAD Right - Trigger EMP / Jammer

Credits :
TheFloW, Rinnegatamante for previous Android Vita ports
GrapheneCt for PVR_PSP2
xerpi for libvita2d

First Test :

PSTV 3.65 + 32GB Sony Memory Card + fd_fix + Kubridge Version 3
Version APK + OBB : v2.0.28 / rename to v2.0.22
PSTV Touchscreen : WORKING (use Sony Touchpointer Setting)
Multilanguage = YES / German

! NOTE ! :
The install guide is somehow wrong, it say it need version 2.0.28. But the port need instead main.2022.com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf.obb, 2.0.22, otherwise it will not start.
Rename main.2028.com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf.obb to -> main.2022.com.eamobile.nfshp_row_wf.obb, after that the game will work.
The Intro video is working without using ffmpeg, just rename nfshp_intro_h800.mp4 to -> opening.mp4, very easy.
EDIT :
There is a p2p copy with v2.0.22 somewhere on google, but its not working. The port need v2.0.28 and rename.

Music Problem :
There is only music in main menu and in police races, but no music in normal races. Please Fix, otherwise its a mostly perfect port here !

Result : WORKING (on chapter 2, race mode)
PSTV Compatible Touchscreen Pointer / Steering great working with Analog stick, use ingame settings for drift or clean drive. Textures are great on my big flat 4K screen. Framerate mostly good.

MILLION THANKS Electry ! This was on my Wanting List. Speakless.
Please Fix the racing music, its mostly perfect.

Last edited by peter8,

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Final Test :

Career Racer = Complete Working from start to end ! End credits roll up.
Mostly on all tracks 3 stars. Final race ended with Lamborghini MurciÉlago LP 640 on Level 12.

- intro video working.
- music only working for menu and cop races, music missing for racer tracks ?
- framerate is good, sometimes runs wild on Overdrive, but mostly perfect.
- sometimes the game can crash when use Jammer. Overdrive and Oil slick works mostly perfect.
- steering is amazing working also with use of ingame settings, low setting clean drive and high setting for drift.
- sometimes the text information is not correct, but no big deal, just drive 2 tracks or restart to fix it.
- the map and car textures are perfect.

Final Result :
Mostly Perfect and great work here, please try fix music for racer mode. Otherwise it was a great highlight to play the alternate Android version in first time. I am highly thankfully ! Mission done so far.

Now I am ready for Need for Speed No Limits Android.

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing for a while now with this port, cop mode only, and I've noticed some bugs:

• Some "get to the line with X seconds left" missions seems impossible, especially two on level 3 and 4. I've seen videos of those missions on real Androids and they seem so much easier. Yes, I'm using the best/fastest cars. Maybe it's a FPS issue? Game runs too fast?

• Some barricade cop cars are invisible and only the siren can be seen, making me crash with them most of the time.

• Game seems to crash randomly, specially on "pursuit and takedown" type missions, and even more on multiple takedown ones. But the crashes are general.

• Sometimes texts get corrupted, going back to main screen seems to solve it.

• Sometimes the advantages/power-ups do not work, like the PEM, but I don't know if this is something from the port or the base game.

I will create a PR for this, although the project seems abandoned.

Anyone had any luck sorting those problems?

Thanks!

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Racer Mode was complete working. I had not test Cop Mode, so dont know.
But,
-> do not hit any wall otherwise you lose the race, that mean you must drive mostly perfect.
-> go into the settings menu and make the stering lower for perfect drive, this will help a lot.
-> Do not use any drift or you lose !
-> use drive manuel, not auto
-> sometimes a slower car helps more than the fastest car !
-> the game crash mostly when using a special item or so, just dont use it and drive.
-> you have 2 endings, one for Racer and one for Cop, Racer is working
-> you can not unlock the fastest car, since it need multiplayer points or so, we can only play offline mode

Since I only play Racer Mode and its working from start to end I am fine with it, ending credits was roll up...
Take your time and try again, should work.

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I appreciate the answer!

-> do not hit any wall otherwise you lose the race, that mean you must drive mostly perfect.
-> go into the settings menu and make the stering lower for perfect drive, this will help a lot.
-> Do not use any drift or you lose !
-> use drive manuel, not auto
-> sometimes a slower car helps more than the fastest car !

I tried several cards, I use manual and yes, I drive without pumps or drifts, almost perfect. Still, compared with the Android version, there's a lot of difference, almost impossible like a I said.

the game crash mostly when using a special item or so, just dont use it and drive.

What items? The game's supposed to be played with all its mechanics, I was just reporting a bug.

-> you have 2 endings, one for Racer and one for Cop, Racer is working
-> you can not unlock the fastest car, since it need multiplayer points or so, we can only play offline mode

I got the cop ending, the game works, cop mode works, it's not like that. Also, I've unlocked all cop cars, it's not a matter of points, but total amount of money gained.

Last edited by eXtremeDevil,

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
eXtremeDevil : ''I got the cop ending'' yeah !

than the game is fully playable, thanks for cop ending testing. :)
the game himself has tons of bugs, its not the problem from the port.

so far I understand its not possible to unlock all cars in offline mode, since I was getting the ending with Lamborghini MurciÉlago, this car is not even the fastest. And I missing a lot of points money or what ever, I can not unlock fastest car.

items = power-ups for racer

had you on all tracks music ? on Racer mode only cop music was working but no other music title, so I am wonder.
what for a android version data files do you have ?

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
eXtremeDevil : ''I got the cop ending'' yeah !

than the game is fully playable, thanks for cop ending testing. :)
the game himself has tons of bugs, its not the problem from the port.

so far I understand its not possible to unlock all cars in offline mode, since I was getting the ending with Lamborghini MurciÉlago, this car is not even the fastest. And I missing a lot of points money or what ever, I can not unlock fastest car.

items = power-ups for racer

had you on all tracks music ? on Racer mode only cop music was working but no other music title, so I am wonder.
what for a android version data files do you have ?

I don't remember any music specifically, sorry. About the version, it's 2.0.28 renamed to 2.0.28, IIRC.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yep, having the same, rename main.2028 to -> main.2022. this was somehow a mistake in the install instructions.

the music for Racer Mode do not work, only Cop music in Racer Mode works, but not in single race... so I am unsure. its the only problem so far.

btw: when the text screen gets corrupt, just play the next race and after that its also fixed.

anyway I am highly thankfull, I am still hope for NFS No Limits it was exclusive only on Android, maybe someone will work on it.
NFS was the best highlight for myself, big fan.

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
the music for Racer Mode do not work, only Cop music in Racer Mode works, but not in single race... so I am unsure. its the only problem so far.

How can you say that's the only problem so far? I just gave a list of serious bugs. Not using powerups is not a option because it's part of the core game, if part of the core game crashes then the game crashes, and also, my game has crashed several times without even using any powerups.

btw: when the text screen gets corrupt, just play the next race and after that its also fixed.

At least this one has a "fix", but it is still a bug.

Cool port but buggy, playable but with patience, and unfortunately abandoned, or so it seems.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
let say this, dead space and mass effect crash more often than this one. so long its playable from start to end, the crash is no problem at all. the crash comes from the android version not from the coder port.
there is a reason why google store had delete tons of android games, because its buggy as hell, but still playable. just learn to deal with it.
I had post this small bugs already in the OP.

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
let say this, dead space and mass effect crash more often than this one. so long its playable from start to end, the crash is no problem at all. the crash comes from the android version not from the coder port.
there is a reason why google store had delete tons of android games, because its buggy as hell, but still playable. just learn to deal with it.
I had post this small bugs already in the OP.

Small? Invisible cop cars that make me run into them and lose a level is a small bug?

That's your opinion, and I respect it. I don't know if the game crashed on Android as often as in the Vita, if that's the case, they did the right thing by removing it.

In my opinion, if the game was buggy and was removed because of that, it shouldn't be released "as is" on any other platform as I don't find it enjoyable. But then again, the original developer just port it because he can, I guess, not with the aim to fix the game or respond to users and issues (as it seems).

For a game to be enjoyable, for me, it's not enough by being only playable. I don't enjoy games that are buggy, where I am unable to use basic core functionalities due to bugs and random crashes.

Where is the fun in getting a crash on a hard race that I tried several times just when I am about to win? Where is the fun for a completionist like me to spend hours trying to get all the achievements and find out I can't because of an unfinished port "as is" or an original bugged game?

I'm talking about my personal experience and thoughts, of course. If the game is enough and enjoyable for you "as is", then I'm honestly happy for you :)

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
speedrun.com had say its very extrem painfull to get this game working, so we can be uber happy to have it on the Vita :)

''Small? Invisible cop cars that make me run into them and lose a level is a small bug?''
Ohhh, this was not in Racer Mode ! That is of course not good.

''I don't know if the game crashed on Android as often as in the Vita, if that's the case, they did the right thing by removing it.''
Yes, many users was mention crash and errors on android boards/forums, thats why NFS, Dead Space and Mass Effect is delete from google store.
We can be happy, we can still play it on the Vita, even when its buggy, thats why I am highly thankfull. ;)

''Where is the fun in getting a crash on a hard race that I tried several times just when I am about to win?''
You have beat the game, so its ok ;) Upload your save file when you want, than your achievements dont get lost.

Read this :

Down ->
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eamobile.nfshp_na_wf
https://www.ea.com/news/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-is-now-on-android?isLocalized=true

https://www.speedrun.com/nfshpmobile/forums/yr0wf

As we all know, NFS: HP mobile was removed from app stores in 2019, so anyone who hadn't bought it was no longer able to acquire it legally. That, in combination with changes to the way Android treats .apk and .obb files (i.e. cannot install specific game files without root access) has made the game extremely difficult to start running on mobile platforms.

https://archive.org/details/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is for and older version of Android running on an Amazon Fire Tablet Made in 2012 it may not run as intended on newer devices.
As for installing: It will say the app may be malicious how ever this is not true since it is for an older version of Android that is no longer supported therefore it is a warning it may be unstable.
check screenshots for issues that you may see in newer devices.
The loading screen with messed up artifacts however shouldn't be an issue though since it only happens on High Resolution Devices even on 500px screens like my Amazon Tablet I ripped it from. The Amazon Appstore is the only place left you can buy the game from, but for however long is unknown. Installing Amazon's Appstore on modern devices will hide this because of incompatibility issues as stated above.
If you want to play the game without any issues please buy an older amazon fire tablet around 2010 - 2013 preferable and buy it from here: https://www.amazon.com/Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit/dp/B008DG5TKE before it is too late and gone forever.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Nee...Pursuit-on-Android-does-not-start/m-p/1725107
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Nee...-for-Android-does-not-work-at-all/m-p/3091954

I am happy about the vita port :) Was a great highlight !

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's normal for a game to be buggy on newer devices when it wasn't designed for them... as for original bugs on old phones. no idea which or how many were there :mellow:

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This vita port is good enough, you and me we had luck enough to see the ending screen. This port is working, not perfect, but working. I was feeling the speed, thats whats matter.:)

Anyway, mostly every Android Port is delete for buggy reason on google store, like Dead Space or Mass Effect. The Vita coders bring this great games back and rescue it like a arch.
Thats why, its all a great idea for the Vita, this games dont get lost anymore. And truly some of this android games are better than any original vita game, example Backstab Android was a big highlight.

A other point is, the most vita coders try to fix some of the android bugs to make it more playable. And the coder put so many love into them, that the Touchscreen gets emulated with Vita controlls. This is all so many work, it can not be thankfull enough.

Thats why we need a Vita port of NFS No Limits, this title was exclusive only on Android, not for Ps3 or XboX360 or what ever...

Was GTASA also not delete from google store ?

Last edited by peter8,

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
San Andreas is definetely NOT deleted from stores.

I think buggy games should be fixed, not deleted.

I'm afraid I can't fully enjoy games like this :(

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Come on you had beat the game, so it was good enough :)
I was playing it over PSTV in 1080p on big 4k flat screen, the graphics are better than Most Wanted for Vita.

Android has no interest in fixing games, its a money based industry, just kick out games fast as possible only in download store and not physical on cards or discs. And in the end all this great android games gets die after some months. The toymakers put so many love in this games and the west google capitalist destroy every one of them.

So far I know, the entire concept of the Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Mobile version comes from Russia SPL,Ltd. ? Something was in the end credits show up. Can not remember...

anyway happy driving, lets hope for more NFS android vita ports in future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto