KiritoFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Solved]
So I recently (Like yesterday) Homebrewed my wii via bluebomb because i don't have a sd card or a wii remote. I only have a usb and a gamecube controller (wavebird). I want to enable wifi on my wii but that requires me to use the home menu. For a thing you guys can work off of I already have priiloader, and rvloader installed.
I have tried:Menu Loader CloneSettings Editor GUIUsbloader GX
I request help with eithera) Using a homebrew app to change network configsb) Using something like WMEmuHack or GC2Wiimote
I am not willing to spend money so I will not "just buy a wii remote".
I am really thankful for anyone who tries to help.

Edit: I did find a sd card 64 gb fat32

Edit 2: I figured it out!
BEFORE I START I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR WII. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS JUST WHAT I DID. THEY MAY BE SHORTCUTS OR BETTER SOLUTIONS. THERE ARE MORE TALENTED PEOPLE IN THE COMMENTS THAT COULD PROBABLY HELP YOU BETTER THAN I CAN. PLEASE TAKE EVERYTHING I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.
THANK YOU u/Aeredren FROM REDDIT FOR THE IDEA
  1. You need:-Modded Wii (duh)-PriiLoader-SD Card-SD Card Reader for pc (if you have a laptop that has a SD card reader built in that works too)-PC with an internet connection, NUSD (NUS Downloader), and Dolphin Emulator.
  2. Using Bootmii dump your nand to your sd card. Make a copy of your nand to your pc.
  3. Now on your pc open NUSD and click "Database>IOS>IOS58>v6175" then check "Pack WAD" and uncheck "Keep Encrypted Contents"
  4. Open dolphin emulator at the top of the app click "Tools>Manage NAND> Import BootMii NAND Backup..." select your backup nand.bin
  5. Still in dolphin emulator at the top of the app click "Tools>Install WAD..." and select the wad that was made in step 3.
  6. While in Dolphin Emu click "Tools>Load Wii System Menu 4.3U" The default controls are click 0 = A, click 1 = B. In the System Menu use your mouse and go the internet settings. This is where you will manually enter your wifi SSID, Type of security, and password if needed. after you are done, it will check the internet connection. Im pretty sure it always returns true in the emulator. After the test make sure to click "Use this connection"
  7. Find the dolphin nand you just changed the network settings for. The default path is "%appdata%/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/" to quickly access it hold windows key + r and paste that into the run dialog box and press enter. Now open your sd card in a separate window. on the root of the SD card create a folder named "FSTOOLBOX" without the quotes. Copy the "shared2" folder from dolphin to the new folder you just made.
  8. Take out the SD card out of your pc and plug it back into your Wii. On your wii open homebrew app named "FSToolBox Mod". Using the GC dpad and buttons navigate to "shared2/sys/net" put your cursor over "dhcp.dat" and press R. If you get a "fopen error" that means you messed something up in the previous step. after you did this go to the "02" folder and press R over "config.dat" After you did that Press Start/Pause on your GC Controller. This will take you back to the hb channel. Look at the bottom right. The wifi symbol should blink for a couple of seconds implying that trying to connect and if it goes solid white that means it connected!

Last edited by KiritoFan,
Reactions: leerz

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently (Like yesterday) Homebrewed my wii via bluebomb because i don't have a sd card or a wii remote. I only have a usb and a gamecube controller (wavebird). I want to enable wifi on my wii but that requires me to use the home menu. For a thing you guys can work off of I already have priiloader, and rvloader installed.

I have tried:
Menu Loader Clone
Settings Editor GUI
Usbloader GX

I request help with either
a) Using a homebrew app to change network configs
b) Using something like WMEmuHack or GC2Wiimote

I am not willing to spend money so I will not "just buy a wii remote".

I am really thankful for anyone who tries to help.
I've never actually seen someone attempt to use a Wii without a remote. I would suggest checking out GC2Wiimote.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
I Figured it out and updated the post
next step would be reading the dhcp bin and config dat files and managing them directly and changing ssid and pass from there, hopefully there's no security checks like hash etc, that way you will not need dolphin to mount anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto