PS1/2 Trying to get In the Groove 2 running using OPL, but my PS2 hangs on a black screen

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know the correct settings for launching it? The game itself is unreleased and I'm using the leaked beta. OPL recognizes it, but it doesn't launch, just goes to a black screen. Do I need certain mode settings or something?

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long story short, you're better off burning that game on a disc. I have it on my hard drive too and i only got ITG1 running. ITG2 is super finnicky to get running on HDD

emmanu888

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey um @dj505 if you still follow this thread. Try and use mode 6 in OPL. The compatibility mode that disables the IGR calls.

I just loaded the beta from a USB drive on my slim PS2 and from the HDD on my fat PS2 by disabling the IGR calls for ITG2

Reactions: Eleganto

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey um @dj505 if you still follow this thread. Try and use mode 6 in OPL. The compatibility mode that disables the IGR calls.

I just loaded the beta from a USB drive on my slim PS2 and from the HDD on my fat PS2 by disabling the IGR calls for ITG2
Great to know, thanks! I'll have to give it another shot one day, I've long since packed up my PS2 stuff.

emmanu888

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great to know, thanks! I'll have to give it another shot one day, I've long since packed up my PS2 stuff.

Actually. Not mode 6. Its a really dumb solution. Configure FreeMC Boot to boot into OPL through one of the buttons.

As in, press R1 for example to boot into OPL and from there ITG2 should boot on the first try, the progressive scan code also work during boot up (Triangle + X)

Why boot into OPL on boot up? ITG2 is a beta so its super finnicky and my theory is, uLaunchelf probably stays in the RAM where ITG2 is supposed to write stuff to the RAM

Last edited by emmanu888,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...