onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there, folks.

This is the first full blown update since the creation of this thread and we can finally share screenshots, updates and major changes to the game.
First and foremost, as you might notice with this post, we're not dead. I repeat, we're not dead. We still work actively on this project and are doing great progress.

Major changes
We replaced the font of the game with Roboto Condensed. Level5 used a font, that had relatively wide latin characters. So we decided recently to replace the existing font with a condensed, slimmer, and still readable one. This gave us way more free space to work with, since each line could hold more letters than before.

We edited the menu layouts. Due to our font and translated text having no furigana anymore we had way too much space between each line left unfilled. That on itself wasn't a problem visually, since one could still read everything. But it left out much space to write text on. With changes to the menu layouts we could patch out those open spaces between each line, which gave us ~2 lines more to express the information per screen.

Translation
The most important thing for this visual novel, of course, is the story and accompanying texts. Currently our translation reached a status where an initial playthrough of the story would be possible, ignoring all the helpful side information given in the menus, qualitiy checked story text and post game content. We won't release anything until at least chapter 1 is fully translated, with all the aforementioned missing aspects done and there won't be an ETA of any sort still.

Reverse engineering
Over the course of the last year, we reverse engineered way more of the games formats and code. With this new knowledge we are currently able to edit the games main flow, the individual scenes, and events. But what does that mean?​
That means we basically could rearrange the stories order of events and edit them to a greater extent. Of course we aren't going to do that, but that's the capability of what our research brought to light until now. When our project is finished and we release our tools, modders might find great benefit in this sort of thing.

We hope you will stay tuned for when we do our first release and that you not have lost faith in our work.
Until then, always remember that fate always is in your hands.

Screenshots:
xAZDbWs.png
nwWuhX6.png
dfAMQBA.png
LDbrBen.png
VgSriC1.png
MDtei8J.png
Ta643dn.png
Q0kfHIG.png
txHakRC.png

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, folks.

This is the first full blown update since the creation of this thread and we can finally share screenshots, updates and major changes to the game.
First and foremost, as you might notice with this post, we're not dead. I repeat, we're not dead. We still work actively on this project and are doing great progress.

Major changes
We replaced the font of the game with Roboto Condensed. Level5 used a font, that had relatively wide latin characters. So we decided recently to replace the existing font with a condensed, slimmer, and still readable one. This gave us way more free space to work with, since each line could hold more letters than before.

We edited the menu layouts. Due to our font and translated text having no furigana anymore we had way too much space between each line left unfilled. That on itself wasn't a problem visually, since one could still read everything. But it left out much space to write text on. With changes to the menu layouts we could patch out those open spaces between each line, which gave us ~2 lines more to express the information per screen.

Translation
The most important thing for this visual novel, of course, is the story and accompanying texts. Currently our translation reached a status where an initial playthrough of the story would be possible, ignoring all the helpful side information given in the menus, qualitiy checked story text and post game content. We won't release anything until at least chapter 1 is fully translated, with all the aforementioned missing aspects done and there won't be an ETA of any sort still.

Reverse engineering
Over the course of the last year, we reverse engineered way more of the games formats and code. With this new knowledge we are currently able to edit the games main flow, the individual scenes, and events. But what does that mean?​
That means we basically could rearrange the stories order of events and edit them to a greater extent. Of course we aren't going to do that, but that's the capability of what our research brought to light until now. When our project is finished and we release our tools, modders might find great benefit in this sort of thing.

We hope you will stay tuned for when we do our first release and that you not have lost faith in our work.
Until then, always remember that fate always is in your hands.

Screenshots:
xAZDbWs.png
nwWuhX6.png
dfAMQBA.png
LDbrBen.png
VgSriC1.png
MDtei8J.png
Ta643dn.png
Q0kfHIG.png
txHakRC.png
Does the team have any plans to port the translation over to the vita version once completed? Great as always too keep it up!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ExData7,

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the team have any plans to port the translation over to the vita version once completed? Great as always too keep it up!!!

Plans do exist, yes. But due to another platform, we would need to redo some assembly patches and also redo most layout edits. So we it could take a bit more time after release porting it to the vita.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plans do exist, yes. But due to another platform, we would need to redo some assembly patches and also redo most layout edits. So we it could take a bit more time after release porting it to the vita.
Ah no worries I was curious if it was in the cards or not. I own a 3ds and vita so I'll have an excuse to play the game twice haha. Goodluck with the current project, wishing you guys the best

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Nickolo As you might see in my first post or the update post, there is no link to any patch. And in my update post I said, that the patch won't be released until we think the results are enough to be shown, therefore we also never disclosed an ETA. So you cannot download the patch anywhere currently.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a shame that it takes so much work and so much time to translate these games. Your first post was almost exactly three years ago, and there's still no patch. Not complaining. Just wish the process was easier for you folks doing all the work.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We aren't that many people working on some reverse engineering parts (currently only me). So the main work is done by only one person, while the translation itself goes very smoothly. But a translation is worth less if it can't get back into the game obviously. So with more time on my side or at least a companion in reverse engineering we could make faster progress.

Reactions: sadoku

Nickolo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh okay, sorry for asking. anyway, thank you so much for the hard work tho wish im good at this stuff so i could help but im not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge