[Translation] Time Travelers

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by onepiecefreak, Jan 13, 2017.

1. IngeniousDefault

IngeniousDefault GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Germany
    Great to hear that there are people out there working on a translation. I bought the game back then and watched the walkthrough on YouTube but playing it myself in English would be great. Good luck!

2. DavionBlackwing

DavionBlackwing GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2017
    Spain
    Hey! Thank you for trying to do this! I've been interested in this game for years, but sadly it never got localized, and no attempt at fan translation has been done! So, this is great, I hope you can achieve it! Personally though I'd prefer the PSP version (or VITA, but I don't have one) for the general better quality. Maybe in a future your translation can be used for the PS versions, too.

3. animefreak55

animefreak55 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    United States
    Home
    Good luck with the project! Thanks for taking time to work on this. I've wanted to play it ever since it was announced.

4. sekki35

sekki35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2017
    Australia
    Hi! Glad to see that this is still progressing :)

I just joined and I'm interested in helping with the translations. Is there any way I can sign up or help out?

Thanks!

5. onepiecefreak
    OP

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Updated the main post!
    Added @sekki35 to our team!

@DavionBlackwing We target the PSP/Vita version after finishing work on the 3DS.

DavionBlackwing and Lycanroc like this.
  6. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    We make big progress now. I update the thread regularly, so don't worry, just check back on the main post to be up to date.

sadoku and yyjukjun like this.
  7. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Dat funny proof of concept pictures, lolz.

8. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    A little drawback: We found out that the opening scene isn't the moflex packed in the game but a real rendered 3D scene. Now we have problems showing subtitles in the first half of the opening scene. I don't know when this problem will be resolved.

Stay tuned.

9. DavionBlackwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Spain
    This game has been on my sights since it came out so I'm really glad it's progressing, even if it's slow! The idea that in a future I might be able to actually play the game makes me really happy. I dunno how, but try to ask some expert hackers, I'm pretty sure there's a way to add subs to the scenes as if it was a fansub. I mean.. the Tales of fantranslated DS games managed to do it.

Thank you so much for your work.

10. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Well to add subtitles depends heavily on the engine used in the game of course. The engine didn't exist before 3DS times.
    We also have gained new knowledge and have already a few theories to add subs to the scene (or better to make them visible).

11. DavionBlackwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Spain
    Great to hear! Look forward to your amazing work. I think it'll pay off!

12. Heynerdb

Heynerdb Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    Awesome project!! I would like to help in translate, but English is my second language... I can help in graphics and test!.