Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lunitari said:
Uh... There are so many games in JAP that will never be released in english, many great games... why waste time in this? x__x KH is gonna be released in USA and EUR. Why don't you help with the translation projects in this forum? ><

Also I don't understand why to translate Pokemon games, when they're released in almost every country =_=' *sigh*

Most Never-released-outside-of-Japan Games are already being worked on somewhere on the internet. And a lot of them are already done being completely or near-completely translated.

And, believe it or not, the Internet is reaaallly big - thus there are definitely more people with skills that are relevant to translating a game than there are games that need translation desperately, so it doesn't do any harm if some of them go and make menu-translations for games that will come out in english months later.

And, lastly, it is not upon you or me to decide who makes a translation for what. That is solely the decision of the guys who CAN translate games.

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Giratina3 said:
To the person who posted the pics of recoded, how did you get it working on no$?

don't use
- a AP patch
- a decrypted rom

just use the clean unpatched rom, original ds bios and firmware.

here the item/skill en patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ujmsugtvz68zm4e

It's a small patch that only changes _ja filenames to _en in the filetable.
Don't know why the Command bar is broken.

"Ri in Strie e" instead of "Rising Strike"

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
dsfgd said:
Giratina3 said:
To the person who posted the pics of recoded, how did you get it working on no$?

don't use
- a AP patch
- a decrypted rom

I get a really weird error
[NO$GBA - FATAL]
Undefined opcode - with no debug vector defined

EDIT: Nevermind got it working no$zoomer, cheers.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfgd said:

That is great and all, I really appreciate a partly translation being available already, but sadly it does not work for me.

Trying to apply the patch results in the following error message:
"xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

I searched gbatemp (and googled) for this error message - and general xdelta issues, and no working solution at all could be found.

I have successfully applied patches in the past and have no Idea why this isn't working.
Maybe it's xdelta not getting along with something here...
Is there any way you could provide an otherwise-applied patch? (A Hex-patch or one of those that only require to drag&drop?)

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lunitari said:
Uh... There are so many games in JAP that will never be released in english, many great games... why waste time in this? x__x KH is gonna be released in USA and EUR. Why don't you help with the translation projects in this forum? ><

Also I don't understand why to translate Pokemon games, when they're released in almost every country =_=' *sigh*
Most people want to translate a game because it gives them something to do and a challenge. I guess for one thing, its cool to see that you are able to edit something in a game and then see your work when you play the game.

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did I understand this right: this game has more languages than japanese built inside of it? Sorry for bad english, but I think you understand what I meant.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manoelpdb said:
Did I understand this right: this game has more languages than japanese built inside of it? Sorry for bad english, but I think you understand what I meant.
Yes it does, but only for a few things.

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
dsfgd said:
Giratina3 said:

don't use
- a AP patch
- a decrypted rom

Doesn't work for me, I get an errorcode when I click on 'Patch'.

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Spenstar said:
manoelpdb said:
Yes it does, but only for a few things.
Thanks! I think that explains why the EU/USA release are soon then.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBladeCloud said:
The proper way to get the text is to parse the file, iterating though the specified encoding table.
I did it for a possible translation (with truthkey as tranlator lol). The result is good even for a storyline tranlation:
unsure.gif

EXAMPLE FILE:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12480973/EXAMPLE%20FILE.txt
(view with NOTEPAD, the browse will probabbly show you the raw data

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shoat said:

I searched gbatemp (and googled) for this error message - and general xdelta issues, and no working solution at all could be found.

I have successfully applied patches in the past and have no Idea why this isn't working.
Is there any way you could provide an otherwise-applied patch? (A Hex-patch or one of those that only require to drag&drop?)
"checksum mismatch" says me, you use a wrong rom ?

Here is the rom crc32 checksum you need: 329F0F57, the clean unpatched not decrypted rom, if you have the decrypted rom, just encrypt it.
I could make an IPS patch, this does not check for crc, but i don't know if it works with files over 32 MB.

You could make your own patch, just use Winhex or HxD, search textstring "_ja" replace it with "_en", and the same for "_en" to "_ja".

here the files you need to find:
Code:
title_en.s.z
title_ja.s.z
ttl_en.p2
ttl_ja.p2
adnum_en.p2
adnum_ja.p2
en.p2
ja.p2
0E_en.z
0E_ja.z
28_en.z
28_ja.z
30_en.z
30_ja.z
35_en.z
35_ja.z
37_en.z
37_ja.z
39_en.z
39_ja.z
3B_en.z
3B_ja.z

QUOTEThanks! I think that explains why the EU/USA release are soon then.
Nope, company's like Square Enix have a good translation team, they could easily make a world wide release (JPN voice, translated text)
but they don't do it because people could buy it twice, first import it to play around, then buy it again in their language to understand things,
this was done many times before, just look at Metroid Prime 1/2 Wii remake or Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
the japanese release had a full multi 6 translation, but eu/us release was months later.

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfgd said:
Shoat said:

"checksum mismatch" says me, you use a wrong rom ?

Here is the rom crc32 checksum you need: 329F0F57, the clean unpatched not decrypted rom, if you have the decrypted rom, just encrypt it.
I could make an IPS patch, this does not check for crc, but i don't know if it works with files over 32 MB.

You could make your own patch, just use Winhex or HxD, search textstring "_ja" replace it with "_en", and the same for "_en" to "_ja".

I tried it with both the clean, unpatched, freshly extracted from .rar version and the other one that I patched with an AP-fix. Neither did work.
I even went as far as downloading a clean rom again from another site than the one I got my previous one from, also with no results. I'm not going to try a third site though because it takes nearly an hour to download that rom - it's huge.

About that encrypt/decrypt thing, I do not know what it means so I can't check whether or not mine is encrypted or decrypted.
Also I have no way to view the "crc32 checksum" of something. I'm merely a user and have no advanced knowledge of all these things.
I know I can check "some" kind of ID with r4cce but as that has 4 digits more I doubt they're the same thing.

However, I will google Winhex/HxD now and try doing that textstring replacement thingy.

Say, is it possible to use RakuRaku to apply those changes to the rom?
Edit: Nvm, I remembered that rakuraku is only for Action-replay-code-fixes.

Edit:
HELL YEAH!
I ended up patching it per hand with HxD (on the AP-fix-patched rom, because in the end I was like "doing it on the clean rom makes no sense as I wouldn't be able to test it")
and it actually works.

The stuff in the Command Deck is messed up. Cure is re. Fire is ire. and that swirly attack is Ro nd B it. But it's easier to read than it was in japanese.
Also all Skills and Items in the Menus (as well as their descriptions) are translated (without the errors they have in the command deck). Really useful.
Not to mention the "skill tree" thingy.

Yeah, considering this is day two of the game being released, this is quite an accomplishment. Thanks alot dsfdg.

There are a few more things that'd be helpful if they were translated, but this solves more than half of the problems that a japanese language game brings.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiekoes said:
I get this when patching:

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
Yeah, a lot of people are getting that error when using this patch :/

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBladeCloud said:
Indeed it is, just open it with notepad, is one of the .z files, converted with a method of mine (im trying to make a universal extractor so the translation is possible), the text includes some codes for start, end, and even on screen graphics (for buttons and stuff, you know). What exactly is not working for you?

Have a look -> http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7585/25312492.jpg

Regards

Sky
Alright, Yeah the problem I am having is extracting the .z files.

So that would be much appreciated if you could make a universal extractor
wink.gif

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kiekoes said:
I get this when patching:

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Read the thread.
Or at least this page of it.

I had the same error. You can patch it otherwise, per hand (takes 5-10 minutes) using a Hex-Editor (I used HxD).

Go to the post of dsfdg (the one with the yellow CODE thing) and use the search text-string of the hex editor to search for every single of the things he listed there.
Then, replace all "_en" with "_ja" and vice versa.

I had no knowledge of all this stuff, yet I was still able to do it. I'm sure any average user will be able to pull it off if he's willing to even try.
But as you weren't even willing to read the thread to find out whether or not your problem has already been solved in a previous post, I think you won't get far.

Jason5877

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can unpack it with dslazy and change the files and then repack
change these files -
title_en.s.z
title_ja.s.z
ttl_en.p2
ttl_ja.p2
adnum_en.p2
adnum_ja.p2
en.p2
ja.p2
0E_en.z
0E_ja.z
28_en.z
28_ja.z
30_en.z
30_ja.z
35_en.z
35_ja.z
37_en.z
37_ja.z
39_en.z
39_ja.z
3B_en.z
3B_ja.z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.