Gaming Homebrew ROM Hack GBA Mother 3 English Translation not working on GBARunner2, whist the Japanese Version Works

EdwardTheWatzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on the latest version of TWiLight Menu++ (v26.7.0), with me also updating nds-bootstrap to its latest version (v1.3.2) currently and using the DSi version.

The Japanese version of Mother 3 works perfectly, but I can't read it. I got to the point where Lucas is outside the house in the Japanese version.

Meanwhile, in the English translation, everything works up until the part where it says "Home of Alec, Word Word Word Word.". Then it has "KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!" and "KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!". Instead of doing the effect where it shows the character in bed, it just goes to black, and the GBARunner2 menu is accessible for a short while until both screens go black.

On the GBARunner2 compatibility list, it only has information about the Japanese version, so I don't know what to do.

Anyone know?

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner2 seems to have some issues with running certain ROM Hacks, which the translation of Mother 3 would be. It can't run Radical Red 4.0 either, which bums me out.

EdwardTheWatzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try using the hicode build version of Gbar2. With Fire Emblem hacks it works great
I tried that and booted with Mega Man Zero first and it worked, thank you!
Post automatically merged:

I tried that and booted with Mega Man Zero first and it worked, thank you!
Never mind. I've played for a bit now and it keeps freezing at the dino. Now I'm Loading Mother 1+2 and Mega Man Zero, I'm gonna keep trying until something happens.

Last edited by EdwardTheWatzo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol