Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i need some help guys. i'm in the area before the 3rd dungeon where you just find out that the temple of time's door is broken, so I've left that area in search of the lanayru mining facility, but i can't get there. i've gone through all the available places i think I can go without any new ideas on where to go. Any help?
you need to activate the 3 switches inside of 3 different facilities to access the third dungeon. Use your Dowsing ability to locate all 3 of them.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i need some help guys. i'm in the area before the 3rd dungeon where you just find out that the temple of time's door is broken, so I've left that area in search of the lanayru mining facility, but i can't get there. i've gone through all the available places i think I can go without any new ideas on where to go. Any help?
you need to activate the 3 switches inside of 3 different facilities to access the third dungeon. Use your Dowsing ability to locate all 3 of them.

I have just checked and dowsing does not track the switches for me. I have found two of them (lightning and fire), still can't find the third one.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I have just checked and dowsing does not track the switches for me. I have found two of them (lightning and fire), still can't find the third one.
I can't remember which were which, but I know that one is in a facility to the north, then you need to bomb a wall for another switch, and the last one is behind one of those statues that you need to toss a bomb in to make it fall over

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In Lanyaru Mining Facility, after you get the Gust Bellow and you end up back in the room with the 2 barred doors (wooden bars like jail doors on your left and in front), what do you do? I don't know how to open either door.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm probably missing the statue one, i'll recheck :) . Thank you a lot for the help, was getting crazy in desert, i want to reach the Temple of Tîme^^

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In Lanyaru Mining Facility, after you get the Gust Bellow and you end up back in the room with the 2 barred doors (wooden bars like jail doors on your left and in front), what do you do? I don't know how to open either door.
If you open your map you will see a hidden path in the sand that you will be able to cross.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Area before second dungeon, I have 3 keys, by dousing I found the one far at the beginning of the path. It's behind some bomb-able rocks near the Volcano Ascent statue. Problem is the closest bombs I can find are too far for me to reach it.

knoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone gotten to the 4th temple yet (Ancient Cistern)? I really help figuring out what to do in the beginning of it...

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anybody know where the propeller is? This is after clearing the first 3 dungeons btw.
The propeller is in Eldin Volcano, next to the temple entrance. It's right by the fallen tower, that you bombed to access the hole with one of the five parts of the temple gate key.

My question:
I just got at the Cistern, but I'm worried about two things. First, at the Cawlin love story quest, I didn't give the letter to the bathroom spirit/guy. I thought that I'd get that letter back from Kemena (Pipit's girlfriend, the name's definitely not that, but something close) and that I could complete the "bathroom guy" quest later. I'm afraid that I messes that up...
Second thing, I was only "ok" when playing the harp with the pumpkin girl. I "know" that I should earn some reward for doing a perfect duet, but I didn't on the first try. I can try it again, right?

Back to the 4th temple...

22h of gameplay, by the way. How are you doing?

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I just got to Lanayru desert, and I got stuck. I got to the part past the toadpolies and there's a door and quicksand nearby. I can't open the door /cross..

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to start the Lost Sister mini quest to get the third empty bottle?
I assume you already talked to the guy in the plaza that wants you to find his sister? OK, well fly to the southwest of town to see a small little island with the girl and her bird on it.

Andrew_DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Area before second dungeon, I have 3 keys, by dousing I found the one far at the beginning of the path. It's behind some bomb-able rocks near the Volcano Ascent statue. Problem is the closest bombs I can find are too far for me to reach it.
I had the exact same problem as you did! =P

Turns out you have to go up to the top near the temple and then slide down the mountain on the far right side if you are facing the temple, or far left if you are facing down the mountain. You have to dash through the room that damages you if you spend too long in there (due to the heat) I can't quite recall which path down the slope you need to take, but I think it's the middle one =P

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem as you did! =P Turns out you have to go up to the top near the temple and then slide down the mountain on the far right side if you are facing the temple, or far left if you are facing down the mountain. You have to dash through the room that damages you if you spend too long in there (due to the heat) I can't quite recall which path down the slope you need to take, but I think it's the middle one =P

Thank You! I went in there but died so I figured it was a dead end until I got some kind of gear like the red tunic in OoT.
Doing a side-quest:
Where do I find Batreaux or whatever for that missing girl (Kukiel I think?). Then, where do I return here to?

I got helped so I'll help too.
First sleep in Link's bed at the academy until night. Then go to the cemetery in the bottom right corner of the map. Hit the tombstone closest to the tree and then push it to open up the shed. Go down the ladder and find Batreaux and the girl, she'll say she's staying there until morning so sleep until morning. then go to this house i.imgur.com/NGe1C.jpg located here on the map i.imgur.com/KdJZT.jpg and talk to her mom.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone gotten to the 4th temple yet (Ancient Cistern)? I really help figuring out what to do in the beginning of it...
Have you found the first tablet? I guess you are stuck at the door with a 4-way switch, where you have to hit it on the 4-sides in a secret order. Well, if you swim around the statue in the middle of the main room, you will find an tablet. Read it. To read the hands, you have to swim through the palms and get the silver rupee, the hand will close and you get to see what's written behind it (more like in the fist than behind the hands, but whatever). You will find some kind of flower with only one petal blue, the blue petal is the associated direction to hit the switch. The tablet says what is the order to look at, example back then right hand, go to the back of the statue, see what is the petal, then go to the right hand and see it too. It's difficult to explain, really easy to figure out once you find the tablet.

Placlu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have 2 Questions...

Skyloft Sidequest
Who do I give the pumpkin Soup too since I broke the chandelier in the pumpkin loft

annnd... Before 2nd Dunegon
Where the hell is the last 2 keys ><
1. In the Dig Patch
2. Under the Tower Thing
3. Behind the Bombable Rock

Where are 4 & 5.. Can somebody give me Detailed answers and or Pictures?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s