Hacking The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Savegame editor

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max:

Can you add the ability to edit which Hyrule Compendium photos have been unlocked?

I missed a limited-time-only photo in Normal difficulty (Sentry), and would like to change that entry's status to "photo taken". I don't care what kind of picture shows up at first, because when I take the photo again in Master difficulty, that picture should show up in Normal difficulty too, since the save location for Compendium pictures is shared between difficulties. As it stands, I only have Symin's pic of the Sentry in Normal difficulty, which won't update when I take a Sentry photo in Master difficulty.

This feature would also be useful for anyone who would like to delete all of their personally-snapped pictures, so they can buy them all from Symin. Once you've saved a photo you took to the Compendium, you can not go back to [no entry] or [Symin's photo] for that entry. IIRC, it's actually impossible to fill the Compendium with only Symin's photos, since you're required to snap a photo of a Sunshroom at one point to progress in a Quest.

Can you add the ability to edit the completion status of specific Quests? I'd like to re-do Quests like the Yiga Hideout Raid, and respawn the Blights so I can do the Hyrule Castle Boss Rush. It would be nice if respawning a Blight did not reset the nearby village to Blighted status, and only reset the Divine Beast to "all complete except for the boss fight" state. This would also be useful for anyone who missed getting the Sentry photo in the Vah Rudania approach Quest.

Can you add the ability to demote leveled-up enemies? I think they rank up as you rack up kills, so maybe if you could reset specific types of enemy kills to zero... This would be useful for players who missed getting the Lynel/Mighty Lynel Crushers/Spears from wild Red/Blue Lynels before they all rank up to White or higher.

Can you make a checkbox that respawns all Treasure Chests? If that's too much work, how about respawning only the Chests containing the one-time-only items: Forest Dweller's Swords, Kite Shields, the Champions' equipment, the Ceremonial Trident, and the Hylian Shield? The Champions' equipment (and maybe the Ceremonial Trident) can be re-forged, but only after the Divine Beasts are reclaimed -- some players leave them all unclaimed so they can Boss Rush all the Blights at the end, and avoid the Beasts' red lasers splitting the sky. The Hylian Shield can be repurchased from Tarrey Town, but only the first one you get from Lockup in Hyrule Castle Underground has the potential to have a bonus.

Can you make a checkbox that marks all glitched Treasure Chests as empty?

Can you make a checkbox that respawns all of the shields in Selmie's Hut? They disappear off the walls as you win them.

Last edited by Smash Br0,

Aleksandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@marc_max:

Can you add the ability to edit which Hyrule Compendium photos have been unlocked?

I missed a limited-time-only photo in Normal difficulty (Sentry), and would like to change that entry's status to "photo taken". I don't care what kind of picture shows up at first, because when I take the photo again in Master difficulty, that picture should show up in Normal difficulty too, since the save location for Compendium pictures is shared between difficulties. As it stands, I only have Symin's pic of the Sentry in Normal difficulty, which won't update when I take a Sentry photo in Master difficulty.

This feature would also be useful for anyone who would like to delete all of their personally-snapped pictures, so they can buy them all from Symin. Once you've saved a photo you took to the Compendium, you can not go back to [no entry] or [Symin's photo] for that entry. IIRC, it's actually impossible to fill the Compendium with only Symin's photos, since you're required to snap a photo of a Sunshroom at one point to progress in a Quest.

Can you add the ability to edit the completion status of specific Quests? I'd like to re-do Quests like the Yiga Hideout Raid, and respawn the Blights so I can do the Hyrule Castle Boss Rush. It would be nice if respawning a Blight did not reset the nearby village to Blighted status, and only reset the Divine Beast to "all complete except for the boss fight" state. This would also be useful for anyone who missed getting the Sentry photo in the Vah Rudania approach Quest.

Can you add the ability to demote leveled-up enemies? I think they rank up as you rack up kills, so maybe if you could reset specific types of enemy kills to zero... This would be useful for players who missed getting the Lynel/Mighty Lynel Crushers/Spears from wild Red/Blue Lynels before they all rank up to White or higher.

Can you make a checkbox that respawns all Treasure Chests? If that's too much work, how about respawning only the Chests containing the one-time-only items: Forest Dweller's Swords, Kite Shields, the Champions' equipment, the Ceremonial Trident, and the Hylian Shield? The Champions' equipment (and maybe the Ceremonial Trident) can be re-forged, but only after the Divine Beasts are reclaimed -- some players leave them all unclaimed so they can Boss Rush all the Blights at the end, and avoid the Beasts' red lasers splitting the sky. The Hylian Shield can be repurchased from Tarrey Town, but only the first one you get from Lockup in Hyrule Castle Underground has the potential to have a bonus.

Can you make a checkbox that respawns all of the shields in Selmie's Hut? They disappear off the walls as you win them.
I think too that would be great to have ability to unlock all compendium photos. In cEmu, for example, camera rune is pretty buggy. Very often game just break when you try to take a picture...

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think too that would be great to have ability to unlock all compendium photos. In cEmu, for example, camera rune is pretty buggy. Very often game just break when you try to take a picture...
Yeah, but you can easily buy all the compendium photos from Robbie. Just modify your money with the save editor so you have enough money to buy them. That's what I did anyway. Unless I'm missing something?

Reactions: Aleksandar

Aleksandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but you can easily buy all the compendium photos from Robbie. Just modify your money with the save editor so you have enough money to buy them. That's what I did anyway. Unless I'm missing something?
Yeah, it could be done, thank you. But, it would be a lot of easier and quicker to have option for that in save editor.

Last edited by Aleksandar,

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
That depends.
Did you just backup saves or also restored/injected them back into the game?

I use backup and restore so yes I'm using it to its full extent with no problems at all.
Haven't really tried out savinee but Savmii works perfect for me so I have no reason to change method it seems.

Last edited by biggan1,
Reactions: lordelan

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
@marc_max:

There is a Set to stock button in the editor that fills up all Hyrule Compendium pics automatically.

The rest of questions... well, that would be related to the master editor I mentioned a few weeks ago. I'd like to add a tab to the editor that lets you edit anything in the savegame. That would also include specific Hyrule Compendium pics (the Set to stock button sets all of them).
But I have no time right now, sorry :-(

Aleksandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a Set to stock button in the editor that fills up all Hyrule Compendium pics automatically.

The rest of questions... well, that would be related to the master editor I mentioned a few weeks ago. I'd like to add a tab to the editor that lets you edit anything in the savegame. That would also include specific Hyrule Compendium pics (the Set to stock button sets all of them).
But I have no time right now, sorry :-(
Thank you for your great effort anyway, man! :D

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work. Just figured out saviine the other day. I cant get the add item to work though. I added a sword and it worked, but it had zero durability. I added another and changed to 9000, but it did not add....maybe because i tried to edit too many items at once?

Everything else has worked. All korok seeds, 120 orbs, 999 arrows....I can still get orbs from shrines though. Any way to make all shrines active and completed?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Any way to make all shrines active and completed?
Again, this is related to the master editor.
I wish I could work on it, sorry guys :-( I'm still moving and too stressed

Save Editor is working with latest update 1.3.0? I tried yesterday but it didn't
Yes. The editor was built to be compatible with any new version Nintendo releases, it finds the offsets automatically.
The DLC items were added yesterday though.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max Would it be possible to allow a person to edit the Master Sword like you have completed the trials? Or add a method to mark the master trials as completed?

Thanks for the great work. Sorry you're stressed.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use backup and restore so yes I'm using it to its full extent with no problems at all.
Haven't really tried out savinee but Savmii works perfect for me so I have no reason to change method it seems.
saveMii worked perfect for me. I launched mocha before the save extract/write operations to be sure i have full read/write privileges. exported and imported the full save data, there is only user specific savedata (use default settings) I used Haxchi only to start homebrewlauncher, only mocha patches were active.

My zelda save is on usb drive, it is an EU 8GB console.
To those who have problems with saveMii: did you use haxchi patches? Is the save in the internal wiiu memory? Oh and is your WiiU on 5.5.1?

Last edited by bomigoton,

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question...

I edited some things like arrows, star pieces, etc. I want to give myself some extras, but still have to play the game properly. This all worked great!

I edited one of my swords (Knight's Claymore) with a huge durability and attack up number. It didn't seem to kill enemies faster and then it broke after about 20 hits.

Is there a certain "sweet spot" for setting weapon durability/attack up? Maybe the game detects if the number is too high and cancels it?

Thanks for any help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc