Hacking The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Savegame editor

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SaveMii doesn't work with Haxchi + BOTW. If he has Haxchi, then he will have to use Saviine.

Lol, just run Mocha before you launch SaveMii and it works fine. I'm literally using it right now to do exactly what he's asking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Save slots are not detected for hard mode, i don't have "continue"
Go create a Master Mode save, then backup your save with SaveMii. You will see on your SD card two new folders in the save folder called 6 and 7. Copy the three files from folder 5 (which is your latest save) into both 6 and 7. Put the SD card back in your console, boot SaveMii and restore the save. I know it works because I literally just did it.

Reactions: bomigoton

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran Saviine and dumped my Breath of the Wild save file. I had eight save slots. One of them was my manual save file from Normal Mode, and one of them was my manual save file from Hard Mode. I copy/pasted game_data.sav from the Normal Mode save slot to my Hard Mode save slot. After I inject the save file back to the Wii U using Saviine, I can load Hard Mode. It loads all of my progress from Normal Mode, except now it's all coverted to Hard Mode.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, just run Mocha before you launch SaveMii and it works fine. I'm literally using it right now to do exactly what he's asking.
I know. That's what I was saying. SaveMii doesn't work with Haxchi.

Honestly, I like Saviine better anyway. It's more stable and it works perfectly 100% of the time. But that's just me, that's just what I prefer.

Reactions: Lacius

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know. That's what I was saying. SaveMii doesn't work with Haxchi.

Honestly, I like Saviine better anyway. It's more stable and it works perfectly 100% of the time. But that's just me, that's just what I prefer.

Idk. I've seen quite a few people complain about issues with SaveMii, yet I've used it hundreds of times now and have never had a single issue with it.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk. I've seen quite a few people complain about issues with SaveMii, yet I've used it hundreds of times now and have never had a single issue with it.
One of the main reasons why people choose Saviine over SaveMii is because SaveMii doesn't work with Haxchi.

To get SaveMii to work, you have to either boot Haxchi or CBHC, then run Mocha, then SaveMii. And that is like running 2 different CFW's on top of each other, so your just asking for problems to happen.

Or you can run homebrew launcher from the browser to run SaveMii.

But that defeats the purpose of Haxchi.

And if someone has CBHC, it's pointless to go through the hassle to get SaveMii to run in Mocha, when Saviine runs fine without doing all of those extra steps.

So for Haxchi/CBHC users, we just have to run Homebrew Channel from the main WiiU Menu and launch Saviine. No need to go to the browser, or to run two different CFW's on top of each other.

At least that is why I don't use SaveMii anyway.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the main reasons why people choose Saviine over SaveMii is because SaveMii doesn't work with Haxchi.

To get SaveMii to work, you have to either boot Haxchi or CBHC, then run Mocha, then SaveMii. And that is like running 2 different CFW's on top of each other, so your just asking for problems to happen.

Or you can run homebrew launcher from the browser to run SaveMii.

But that defeats the purpose of Haxchi.

And if someone has CBHC, it's pointless to go through the hassle to get SaveMii to run in Mocha, when Saviine runs fine without doing all of those extra steps.

So for Haxchi/CBHC users, we just have to run Homebrew Channel from the main WiiU Menu and launch Saviine. No need to go to the browser, or to run two different CFW's on top of each other.

At least that is why I don't use SaveMii anyway.

You don't need to run HaxchiCFW before running Mocha to run SaveMii... You launch the Homebrew Launcher via whichever method you want, run Mocha, back to HBL and then SaveMii. It's one more step for an entirely console based system, whereas Saviine requires you to also use your computer and has problems with large files.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to run HaxchiCFW before running Mocha to run SaveMii... You launch the Homebrew Launcher via whichever method you want, run Mocha, back to HBL and then SaveMii. It's one more step for an entirely console based system, whereas Saviine requires you to also use your computer and has problems with large files.
Yeah, if you don't already have CBHC or Haxchi installed. Then sure.

But if you already have CBHC or Haxchi installed, going to the browser to launch Homebrew Launcher defeats the purpose of Haxchi and CBHC, and Homebrew Channel.

And if someone has CBHC installed, they are running Haxchi when the console first boots up. So they would have to boot homebrew launcher channel, then launch MochaCFW, then SaveMii. And like I said, that's like running 2 different CFW's on top of each other.

And for Zelda, most people that want to extract their saves, are doing so to mod their save game using a Save Editor, so they have to use a computer to do that anyway.

I'm just saying, for people that are running Haxchi/CBHC, Saviine is your best bet.

For people using Mocha, then SaveMii would probably be best.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, if you don't already have CBHC or Haxchi installed. Then sure.

But if you already have CBHC or Haxchi installed, going to the browser to launch Homebrew Launcher defeats the purpose of Haxchi and CBHC, and Homebrew Channel.

And if someone has CBHC installed, they are running Haxchi when the console first boots up. So they would have to boot homebrew launcher channel, then launch MochaCFW, then SaveMii. And like I said, that's like running 2 different CFW's on top of each other.

And for Zelda, most people that want to extract their saves, are doing so to mod their save game using a Save Editor, so they have to use a computer to do that anyway.

I'm just saying, for people that are running Haxchi/CBHC, Saviine is your best bet.

For people using Mocha, then SaveMii would probably be best.
Uhh, if you install Haxchi into a DS game you can launch HBL without any CFW...

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go create a Master Mode save, then backup your save with SaveMii. You will see on your SD card two new folders in the save folder called 6 and 7. Copy the three files from folder 5 (which is your latest save) into both 6 and 7. Put the SD card back in your console, boot SaveMii and restore the save. I know it works because I literally just did it.
I just copied folder 5 content into 6 folder, and the related save disapeared (i know it's this save because one was at ressurection shrine and the other was in great plateau)

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
Merely copying the save from a Normal Mode slot to a Hard Mode slot with Saviine works just fine. Upon opening the copied Normal Mode save in a Hard Mode slot, it becomes a Hard Mode save.

Edit: In other words, save files between the two modes are completely interchangeable using Saviine.

Had you tried? I did first the try before made that question, I failed.... xD maybe I did do it wrong, had you tried and you success?

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
I did it successfully yesterday.
Thank you, It Worked, My Misstake it was I copy and replace everything, but I did it like you had told, just copy and replay the game_data.sav And now everything work same in Hard-Mode as it used to work in Normal-Mode

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Saviine. Because SaveMii does not work with Haxchi. At least it doesn't work for me or most people using Haxchi anyway.

As for Saviine, I never had any problems using Saviine. I use Saviine to dump my save, edit the save, then inject my save back to my WiiU using Saviine. Works every time, no issues what so ever.

You just need to learn how to use Saviine. Since I am very tech savvy, using Saviine is very easy to me. But some people may have problems. Because I use the Command Line to dump and inject my saves, I don't use the BAT Files, EXE, or the GUI Program.

I'm using haxchi and has never ever had any issue with Savmii, didn't even know people did.
I guess it's just random luck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI