Hacking The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Savegame editor

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The current version already changed that a few weeks ago!
Then I confirm you it's actually not working. The save editor show me 87 missing locations, including Gerudo Canyon Stable (easy to spot), but it's not added to the map when i reload the save like it's still not discovered. And if I relead the save in the editor it still show the same 87 missing locations.

Note that I already done CTRL+F5 to clear cache several times. I'm using BtoW EUR v1.2.0

In case you want to check it : My_Save.7z

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Then I confirm you it's actually not working. The save editor show me 87 missing locations, including Gerudo Canyon Stable (easy to spot), but it's not added to the map when i reload the save like it's still not discovered. And if I relead the save in the editor it still show the same 87 missing locations.

Note that I already done CTRL+F5 to clear cache several times. I'm using BtoW EUR v1.2.0

In case you want to check it : My_Save.7z
Then for some reason your browser is not loading the latest version.

Try to clear offline storage in your browser.
(In Firefox: Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage > Clear now)

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update on the horse thing. I tried removing the not working "created out of the blue" horses 2 and 3 but there is no such option in the editor so I tried removing the names only. Went back in game, caught two more horses and registered them. Upon registering the first of those new ones I saw the two horses which were not working before didn't show up in the list anymore so I assume removing the names is enough. After properly registering the two new horses I went back to the editor and changed them to my liking. Back in the game again, for some reason the 3rd horse was still broken (game wouldn't spawn it after choosing). The now 2nd horse did work fine though.

So long story short: Caught two horses, edited both of them, only one of them worked. This is so weird.

Jefelin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I have a problem with the save editor.
Everything worked perfectly until I created the Hylian shield. I had all slots shields full and this did not see in the game. Whenever I load the different save in the editor it shows me the same. I've updated it with ctr + F5 and it no longer works for me, I do not know what happens.

Thanks

EDIT:
If you create an object and you do not have slots and your game does not work well, you just have to unlock a new slot and everything will return to normal.

Last edited by Jefelin,

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More trial and error testing on memory areas:

I decided to test and play with the changes that come when defeating a divine beast, to see if there was a trigger specifically designed to fire at Ganon that turned on. While the search proved true, this trigger handles other things too. I will be finding the areas for the 3 other divine beasts in due time, but if you wish to add this to the save editor, I'm sure some people could utilize it.

WindBlight Ganon
C319B
1 = beaten, will not spawn before Ganon
0 = not beaten, will spawn before Ganon

Divine Beast Medoh Trigger
42D93
1 = Will fire at Ganon, quests after beating Divine Beast available, divine beast icon on loading screen.
0 = Will not fire at Ganon, quests after beating Divine Beast UNAVAILABLE, no divine beast icon on loading screen.

The Divine Beast trigger only handles those events. Any triggers involving the divine beast being on or not on the map are not included, which means if you turn this Divine Beast trigger to 0 after beating the Divine Beast, the Divine Beast will visible seemingly ready to fire, but on the map, you will see you can warp to the Divine Beast elsewhere as if the dungeon wasn't finished (The only thing remaining is the main terminal to be activated).
I have no idea what changing this trigger to 1 before doing anything involving the Divine Beast, including not subduing it, will do. If anyone wishes to test this out and post the results, it'd be appreciated!

Last edited by re11ding,
Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
More trial and error testing on memory areas:

I decided to test and play with the changes that come when defeating a divine beast, to see if there was a trigger specifically designed to fire at Ganon that turned on. While the search proved true, this trigger handles other things too. I will be finding the areas for the 3 other divine beasts in due time, but if you wish to add this to the save editor, I'm sure some people could utilize it.

WindBlight Ganon
C319B
1 = beaten, will not spawn before Ganon
0 = not beaten, will spawn before Ganon

Divine Beast Medoh Trigger
42D93
1 = Will fire at Ganon, quests after beating Divine Beast available, divine beast icon on loading screen.
0 = Will not fire at Ganon, quests after beating Divine Beast UNAVAILABLE, no divine beast icon on loading screen.

The Divine Beast trigger only handles those events. Any triggers involving the divine beast being on or not on the map are not included, which means if you turn this Divine Beast trigger to 0 after beating the Divine Beast, the Divine Beast will visible seemingly ready to fire, but on the map, you will see you can warp to the Divine Beast elsewhere as if the dungeon wasn't finished (The only thing remaining is the main terminal to be activated).
I have no idea what changing this trigger to 1 before doing anything involving the Divine Beast, including not subduing it, will do. If anyone wishes to test this out and post the results, it'd be appreciated!
Posintg hashes would be rather useful instead of offsets. Offsets change with every game update since new values are added.

Take a look at all manipulable values here and their hashes:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m...ditors/master/zelda-botw/zelda-botw.hashes.js

It wouldn't be hard to add a tab in the editor to allow to manipulate all of these (you could basically call it a master editor, you can do anything, literally).

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posintg hashes would be rather useful instead of offsets. Offsets change with every game update since new values are added.

Take a look at all manipulable values here and their hashes:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m...ditors/master/zelda-botw/zelda-botw.hashes.js

It wouldn't be hard to add a tab in the editor to allow to manipulate all of these (you could basically call it a master editor, you can do anything, literally).
How does one find the hash when determining the offset?

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just search the four byte hash in the editor (I posted the hash list above), the next four bytes will be the value you want to edit.
I'm sorry, I think I phrased what I was asking poorly, or I'm missing something important. I don't know datamining very well, so please excuse me if I don't quite understand hashes. I was asking how I could find the hash relative to the offsets I've found. You said it'd be better to find the hash instead of the offset, due to updates changing the offsets every update. I just haven't the faintest idea how to find the hash out of the offsets I've discovered. Unless, of course, this isn't possible.

PitTricks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have just created an account because I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. So, I used the BOTW save editor for my cemu save so I could get some extra Korok seeds to increase my inventory by a little bit. Problem is, instead of putting them into my inventory, I clicked the get all button which unlocked all 900. now all the Korok seeds appear on my map and they appear unlocked. It's bugging me cause I didn't know it would unlock all in the game. Is there a way to reset the Korok count in game, like reset all found to 0 so they are hidden you would have to find them all again? Thanks

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, I have just created an account because I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. So, I used the BOTW save editor for my cemu save so I could get some extra Korok seeds to increase my inventory by a little bit. Problem is, instead of putting them into my inventory, I clicked the get all button which unlocked all 900. now all the Korok seeds appear on my map and they appear unlocked. It's bugging me cause I didn't know it would unlock all in the game. Is there a way to reset the Korok count in game, like reset all found to 0 so they are hidden you would have to find them all again? Thanks
Actually, no, that's why you must always backup you save first when using any kind of save editor ...

Last edited by toto621,

M-Gardevoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried to edit my own save with Saviine. Everything goes fines until the game. Well, my inventory are almost free and i added some items like TP Sword and 8bit Sword or Guardian Sword. Sadly, no one worked. I even edited the values for those one like 65565 for the weapon durability but not worked ...

PitTricks

Trophies
XP
Country
The game keeps five automatic backups for you.

Thanks, I didn't have any backups as it was a few days ago but I went back and got to the point I am now lucky it wasn't very long I played.

Also, on the save editor, under the weapon modifiers. I am confused at what exactly the difference between a modifier without a star next to it and one with a star next to it?

For example 'attack up' or 'attack up ★'

Thanks

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
i can't get this to work, i extract savegame with saviine 1.1b, the i load in the editor save_data.sav i tried with the one in the "0" folder and in the "5" folder, done some modif (beat all hinox, visit all places, ... ), then i reinject the modified savegame in the wiiu, but Nothing seem to work... need i to modify all 6 save_data.sav files?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for being too lazy to read through all 16 pages, just two questions:
  1. I read that this is able to "unlock Korok seeds!"
    Does that only raise my seed count to buy inventory slots or are the Koroks really "revealed" in the map as if I really found them?
  2. Does the tool work with the latest BotW update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.