DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think it would be smart not to upload official themes to the website seeing as it's for custom themes and not official ones, and also the possibility of nintendo issuing a C&D
@DutchyDutch
Use this to create and edit themes https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-yet-another-theme-application-plus-yata-3ds-theme-editor.393355/
use this to import/export themes using the homebrew loader https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool/releases

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also you can use the tutorial I made here to make music for your themes http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-bgm-bcstm-files-for-3ds-themes.377927/
I would not allow official themes to be uploaded to the site, I have said this many times over... Go ahead and try but if Nintendo comes knocking on my door those themes will be gone as soon as possible, for you and everyone elses protection please try not to upload them as it can be a form of piracy in Nintendo's Eyes!

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not allow official themes to be uploaded to the site, I have said this many times over... Go ahead and try but if Nintendo comes knocking on my door those themes will be gone as soon as possible, for you and everyone elses protection please try not to upload them as it can be a form of piracy in Nintendo's Eyes!
I don't want to tell you how to run your site, but I really I think these should be taken down before Nintendo starts dropping C&Ds for the whole site. Honestly there's no point to hosting them either they're low effort and can be found on several other places on the web.

Reactions: DoJo_Master

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...I really I think these should be taken down before Nintendo starts dropping C&Ds for the whole site. Honestly there's no point to hosting them either they're low effort and can be found on several other places on the web.
Right, because ndsthemes was totally taken down due to Nintendo dropping C&Ds during it's latter years when nobody did anything.

On the website, it looks annoying to use. Scrolling banner is great sure...but it takes a huge amount of space and I'm not going to spend my time sitting there watching it scroll anyways (it's literally worthless because I can't even click on interesting themes to go to them). It just makes me have to scroll down to see the larger than life images that could be thumbnails and have tags or something to see related themes.

tl;dr website too clunky

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Right, because ndsthemes was totally taken down due to Nintendo dropping C&Ds during it's latter years when nobody did anything.

On the website, it looks annoying to use. Scrolling banner is great sure...but it takes a huge amount of space and I'm not going to spend my time sitting there watching it scroll anyways (it's literally worthless because I can't even click on interesting themes to go to them). It just makes me have to scroll down to see the larger than life images that could be thumbnails and have tags or something to see related themes.

tl;dr website too clunky
I completely agree, we have been so busy under the hood but we should be working on the overal UI soon...
Nice design. But i have one question. Why are all my themes from ThemeBot? Where is my name?
Your themes where on the old site where there was no account connected to the themes, in order for you to claim your themes again we made a theme bot that uploads all themes from the old site to the new version...
I don't want to tell you how to run your site, but I really I think these should be taken down before Nintendo starts dropping C&Ds for the whole site. Honestly there's no point to hosting them either they're low effort and can be found on several other places on the web.
Ive told them many times not to host official themes but they keep getting uploaded... Removing now

Reactions: the_muteKi

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the site has 2 problems at the moment the small one is the character limit when typing the theme description and the second which is a big one quality control, I spend quite a while making themes along with others but suddenly our hard work gets buried by "themes" with simple image swaps of the top screen with some random anime characters this is a problem since the site does not have any type of filters (anime/movies/music/colors/games/genres) to find what you are looking for besides a search function that only works with very specific keywords.

For example @Saketti uploaded 37! "themes" when they are just random images of anime characters, this clogs the site and buries works from people who actually made really good themes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To go with ^ post.. Well, I don't actually see a rating system. Add tags maybe? Also, search by date,downloads and rating.

Aw.. Shouldn't have just scanned the OP. I went straight into the site.

What's wrong with disqus? Will there be guest comments, for the people who don't want to make an account?

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

superstarxalien1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Am I the only one who thinks this site NEEDS categories? Because really, right now the first 7 pages are all anime themes.

For example, it could go like this:

-Mario (number of themes)
--Luigi
--Yoshi
--Rosalina
-Zelda
-blah blah blah

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who thinks this site NEEDS categories? Because really, right now the first 7 pages are all anime themes.

For example, it could go like this:

-Mario (number of themes)
--Luigi
--Yoshi
--Rosalina
-Zelda
-blah blah blah
To go with ^ post.. Well, I don't actually see a rating system. Add tags maybe? Also, search by date,downloads and rating.

Aw.. Shouldn't have just scanned the OP. I went straight into the site.

What's wrong with disqus? Will there be guest comments, for the people who don't want to make an account?
So the site has 2 problems at the moment the small one is the character limit when typing the theme description and the second which is a big one quality control, I spend quite a while making themes along with others but suddenly our hard work gets buried by "themes" with simple image swaps of the top screen with some random anime characters this is a problem since the site does not have any type of filters (anime/movies/music/colors/games/genres) to find what you are looking for besides a search function that only works with very specific keywords.

For example @Saketti uploaded 37! "themes" when they are just random images of anime characters, this clogs the site and buries works from people who actually made really good themes.
If you read the first page, we are working on a most downloaded page and highest rating page... If you would like to see all Zelda themes for example all you would need todo is search Zelda and all themes with that key word will show, so no need for categories there but tags/reviews/ are going to happen soon! Sorry for the site being so backed up right now :/

olshrimpeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any time frame for when the site will be back up? I'm sitting on a couple themes I'd like to post. No rush. Just curious if I will be able get them up today!

olshrimpeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember the site ever going down... It may go down for a quick restart/backup but its up as of now
Oh, I checked a couple times and kept getting down for maintenance message.

Site is up on my end.

You can always refer to http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/3dsthemes.com.html to check if a site is up or not.
I was getting a down for maintenance message. Is it down was still showing it was up because I was still getting a response.

Lital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We just placed an update in today that allows users to delete your own themes, try again
I uploaded my first 2 themes after the update and my user drop down only contains the logout option. Clicking a theme I've made only offers the more info > close/download options.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
I uploaded my first 2 themes after the update and my user drop down only contains the logout option. Clicking a theme I've made only offers the more info > close/download options.
Whoops, just checked and account settings and profiles aren’t enabled yet, and that the second issue is a bug, and you will be credited with the bug find :L

Give me your theme names and I'll delete em for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/