Hardware The 3DS 3D screen looks bad in 2D

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
They aren't scanlines, we don't have scanlines on flat panel displays, only tubes. They are just Gaps, why is this a surprise to anyone here? Press your face up to your flat panel TV.... guess what, you can see the gaps between the pixels!!!! :wtf:
In 2D mode you see all 800 pixels with no gaps because they are close together. If it bothers you so much that you can't see the gaps, set the 3D ON and stop complaining.
If you compare it to the bottom screen, you're getting more that twice the amount of pixels in almost the same space, would you like your top screen to be more than twice as wide as the bottom screen?

Not a surprise. More like a complaint/.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They aren't scanlines, we don't have scanlines on flat panel displays, only tubes. They are just Gaps, why is this a surprise to anyone here? Press your face up to your flat panel TV.... guess what, you can see the gaps between the pixels!!!! :wtf:
In 2D mode you see all 800 pixels with no gaps because they are close together. If it bothers you so much that you can't see the gaps, set the 3D ON and stop complaining.
If you compare it to the bottom screen, you're getting more that twice the amount of pixels in almost the same space, would you like your top screen to be more than twice as wide as the bottom screen?
Yes we know they are not scanlines. We use the word scanlines for convenience. Yes we know that those scanlines are due to the smaller gaps between the pixels vertically. In fact, it's explained in the first post. Is setting 3D on a solution to this? Yes and no. While it's a solution for most 3DS games, it's not for most VC and DS/DSiWare titles because 3D is forced off during playing those titles.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what i "hear" with the 3d on the game Appears to add graphics, and i also see that as well, the with 3d on games looks better because a filter softens called AA aka Anti aliasing smoothens edges very slightly. seeing how the power of a handheld game can never keep with the Anti aliasing that PC's do its extremely small it just smoothens out the rough edges. and from what i observe it seems to add a kind of shiny glare to it.
i have a n3ds so i keep the 3ds on and i love it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1