Running DSiWare Games In 3DS Mode and/or Swap the DSi/TWL Screen while keeping the nds-bootstrap menu in the bottom screen?

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to install DSiWare to CTRNAND instead of TWLN, like you would run DSiWare Games but in 3DS/CTR mode instead of DSi/TWL mode? The reason i'm asking this is because i'm trying to screenshot all 6 pictures of Animal Puzzle Adventure, which only displays in the top screen, and TWiLight Menu can only screenshot the bottom screen, while Luma3DS can screenshot both the top screen and the bottom screen. Rosalina menu doesn't show when playing DSiWare Games in DSi/TWL mode with L + Down + Select. Could it be possible to install DSiWare Games to CTRNAND instead of TWLN so you can screenshot the top screen. When booting from CTRNAND, it would pretend to boot DSi/TWL mode but you would still be in 3DS/CTR mode and you would still be able to go to the HOME Menu and close the software normally. Or could it be possible to swap the screen automatically when booting DSi/TWL mode while keeping the nds-bootstrap menu in the bottom screen so it could screenshot the top screen, or do you truely need a capture card to screenshot the top screen while in DSi/TWL mode? I looked through the APA files and I saw these files that looked like pictures but in .bin format: pic#_#.bin pic#_whole.bin and titleMain.bin and when I tried to convert them to .png it kept failing. Also, when trying to run APA in an emulator, it's stuck at a white screen.
Post automatically merged:

If it is possible to swap the DSi/TWL screen while keeping the nds-bootstrap menu in the bottom screen, then 3DS/CTR mode and a capture card is not needed.

Last edited by J-Will,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not possible to install DSiWare to CTRNAND. It is also not possible to run them in 3DS mode.
Due to the limitations of the DS(i) hardware, the only way to get screenshots of both screens is with a capture card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol