TWiLight Menu, nds-bootstrap white screen when starting ROMs

daniss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,
looks like I can't get nds bootstrap running DS-ROMS on my old 3DS. No matter if I start the freshly dumped ROM (the Nintendo DS card itself is working fine, tried Mario Party DS, Mario Kart DS and some more) via TWiLight Menu++ or with any of the 3DS forwarders directly from HOME. ROMs are correctly identified, the icon and titles are correct.

When starting from a fresh installation: top screen white (black bars due to DS-Mode), bottom screen shows creating savefile, creating pagefile.sys, then stays black or turns white.
When retrying: After klicking on the game, both screens just turn white, nothing happens. Again, with the black bars left and right on the top screen.

What I've tried:
Waiting for like half an hour.
Removing all save files.
Different ROMs, dumped with gm9 of my DS-Cards or from the internet. Tried both .trim.nds and .nds
Formatting the SD Card twice, using a different SD Card
Reinstalling nds-bootstrap, TWiLight Menu++, redumping ROMs
Starting via DS Game Forwarder and YANBF instead of TWiLight

Using nds-bootstrap Release v0.70.0
TWiLight Menu++ v25.8.1

Does anyone got some further advice?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the same for all DS games or just those two games (MK & MP DS)? Did you get any DS game to work? If not, it's likely the ds functionality is broken. It's easy to fix it though.

daniss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think, that's the problem. TWiLight Menu itself is working fine, I also just tried the Counter Strike port, which is an .nds. That runs like a charm, starting via TWiLight.
However, I can't get any 'official' roms running. Just tried some different from various rom-sharing websites, I do get the exact same results like with my dumped games from the ds cards. Fxcking white screens.

edit: tried the fix anyways, it didn't change a thing.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think, that's the problem. TWiLight Menu itself is working fine, I also just tried the Counter Strike port, which is an .nds. That runs like a charm, starting via TWiLight.
However, I can't get any 'official' roms running. Just tried some different from various rom-sharing websites, I do get the exact same results like with my dumped games from the ds cards. Fxcking white screens.

edit: tried the fix anyways, it didn't change a thing.
did you do a system update afterwards?

juanKme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no.por.ahora.co
XP
Country
Colombia
hey guys, I have been experiencing an issue with my N2DS XL ; when I try to install a forwarder for the NDS game "Fire Emblem, New Mystery of the emblem" I get an error message like: "Install failed, Check the log for errors 0xffffffff" and I don't know what that means... it's the only game that shows that error with the v1.4.3 of the forwarder. Can anybody help me find a solution/explanation? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto