Hardware Tempted to upgrade my desktop

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the normal upgrade is over, but they left it free for anyone who uses assistive services like magnifier, or TTS. It doesnt check if you use them though, so you can just download and install the update from Microsoft for free.
Hmm fair enough indeed :P
There's an app called "Microsoft Toolkit" that's pretty neat *winking intensifies*
Oh right, heh, I do have a USB stick that was "burned" by MS's SD tool, with a Windows 10 ISO, I've yet to use it however.
You can just use kmspico
Is that permanent or does it need renewal?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a cheap oem key from kinguin/g2a etc if you don't want to mess around with anything. I think they are $30 or so.
I'd rather outright get the OS for free through patching it with a free program than pay actual, real-life dictionary-definition pirates to give me a shady key while they make pure profit

Reactions: the_randomizer

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used KMS on the laptop I fixed, it worked just fine. Sorry I had to bring the thread in this direction. If you're savvy just use Linux Mint and run the Windows version of Steam via WINE. Then you can enjoy Windows games on a free and legal OS, no gimmicks. Or if gimmicks are your thing, Hackintosh. All the GUI perks of a Mac with access to Steam, and you can use an app similar to WINE to run Windows exclusive software and the Windows version of Steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello