Homebrew System transfer without updating, Is it possible? 9.9.0.26U FW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked for me, just repeating exactly what I just said, again just now. However, I have all methods of entry except cubic ninja at my disposal and oot between my o3ds and my n3dsxl.
None of them are working with Hans + sys trans together. So I don't think it's related to the entrypoint?

Ok just deleted everything off of the sd card except the Nintendo 3ds folder.

Redownloaded the "Starter" kit from sealum's site and then deleted the "menuhax" folder and replaced it with the one from yellow8s.

Lets try this again.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just deleted everything off of the sd card except the Nintendo 3ds folder.

Redownloaded the "Starter" kit from sealum's site and then deleted the "menuhax" folder and replaced it with the one from yellow8s.

Lets try this again.
When you get back in, Can you try something? See what happens if you go into wireless disabled into HANS + Sys trans? I know it obviously won't work without an internet connection... but maybe it'll explain why it's not booting is if theres something blocking it in my router or something? But I'm pretty sure at least HANS debug + selection would pop up regardless...?

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked for me, just repeating exactly what I just said, again just now.

However, I have all methods of entry except cubic ninja at my disposal and oot between my o3ds and my n3dsxl.
None of them are working with Hans + sys trans together. So I don't think it's related to the entrypoint?

Can you try something? Can you see what happens if you go into wireless disabled into HANS + Sys trans?

I'm not sure I can actually, doesn't ninjhax rely on the internet access being there to work?

Figured out the error btw, i need to initialize a theme first.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I can actually, doesn't ninjhax rely on the internet access being there to work?

Figured out the error btw, i need to initialize a theme first.
Only if you're using browserhax, i'm guessing. oh, and yeah that's a pretty important step

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, even with the wifi physically disabled with the switch on the side I can still reach the config screen
for sys trans? this is so odd. you're only on 9.9.0, while im on 9.9.0.26U. I'm wondering what the update differences there are?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for sys trans? this is so odd. you're only on 9.9.0, while im on 9.9.0.26U. I'm wondering what the update differences there are?

Ok so it works with ninjhax, even with wifi disabled. Works for me with themehax 2.0 as well. Testing with wifi disabled next.

edit: works with wifi disabled on themehax as well for me.

Only differences that come to mind are the browser. I have 9.9.0-21U (with a stub browser that is prompting me to update) and you have 9.9.0-26U

Last edited by Aroth,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so it works with ninjhax, even with wifi disabled. Works for me with themehax 2.0 as well. Testing with wifi disabled next.
The o3ds cannot access browserhax, but the n3ds can and browserhax doesn't have any difference in my result. so i'm going to assume it rules out that being an issue on the o3ds as it has the update message.
Ironhax, no difference on result on o3ds
menuhax, no difference on n3dsxl, o3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The o3ds cannot access browserhax, but the n3ds can and browserhax doesn't have any difference in my result. so i'm going to assume it rules out that being an issue on the o3ds as it has the update message.
Ironhax, no difference on result on o3ds
menuhax, no difference on n3dsxl, o3ds

Do me a favor and try with a "clean" sd card. Just the Nintendo 3ds folder and the ropbin file needed for menuhax. Then download the starter pack from smea and give it a try.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

edit: works with wifi disabled on themehax as well for me.

Only differences that come to mind are the browser. I have 9.9.0-21U (with a stub browser that is prompting me to update) and you have 9.9.0-26U

yeah, i saw that was the main difference but I don't have the update message on one and can use it fine, but it still has the same result. meh.

Do me a favor and try with a "clean" sd card. Just the Nintendo 3ds folder and the ropbin file needed for menuhax. Then download the starter pack from smea and give it a try.
I'll have to be super careful with that as it can leave me without an entrypoint. Need to note down where themehax is installed exactly, since what I don't care about is the o3ds.

Something else comes to mind, are you using an SD card or an SD card adapter that accepts Micro SDHCs for your O3DS. I'm trying to rule out everything, here

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i saw that was the main difference but I don't have the update message on one and can use it fine, but it still has the same result. meh.

I'll have to be super careful with that as it can leave me without an entrypoint. Need to note down where themehax is installed exactly, since what I don't care about is the o3ds.

Something else comes to mind, are you using an SD card or an SD card adapter that accepts Micro SDHCs for your O3DS. I'm trying to rule out everything, here

Do you have ANY other entry point for either console besides themehax?

And I am using a 16 GB Sandisk SDHC

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have ANY other entry point for either console besides themehax?

And I am using a 16 GB Sandisk SDHC
I have all of them besides cubic, between both of them. I've listed that multi times now XD. They all have the same result. I'm working on cleaning the SD card atm. I have an old 2GIG SD card for my o3ds. I'm gonna try an microsd with an adapter after if this doesn't work.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all of them besides cubic, between both of them. I've listed that multi times now XD. They all have the same result. I'm working on cleaning the SD card atm. I have an old 2GIG SD card for my o3ds. I'm gonna try an microsd with an adapter after if this doesn't work.

I just meant so you could restore themehax if you did delete the contents of the card.

I don't think its the entry point btw. Either it is something to do with your browser (unlikely) or something to do with the SD cards themselves or the files on them.

Last edited by Aroth,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just meant so you could restore themehax if you did delete the contents of the card.

I don't think its the entry point btw. Either it is something to do with your browser (unlikely) or something to do with the SD cards themselves or the files on them.
I'm checking the sd card now, and i've backed up everything incase I do need to restore. Formatted the card as well.

No change.

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm checking the sd card now, and i've backed up everything incase I do need to restore. Formatted the card as well.

No change.

Damn. Ok I have no clue what is going on, but it is like 4 am in the damn morning and I was up at yesterday so I could go vote on a stupid road tax thing.

Here is what I am going to do. I will make an archive backup of my SD card contents and upload it to dropbox for you to download and try using. Idk, maybe for some reason you are downloading something corrupted, though no idea why it would work with every other title but one.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Ok I have no clue what is going on, but it is like 4 am in the damn morning and I was up at yesterday so I could go vote on a stupid road tax thing.

Here is what I am going to do. I will make an archive backup of my SD card contents and upload it to dropbox for you to download and try using. Idk, maybe for some reason you are downloading something corrupted, though no idea why it would work with every other title but one.
Everything important in Nintendo 3DS folder is signed to one specific DS, but hopefully by some miracle whatever it is works. Thanks for trying.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it will be the stuff in the Nintendo 3ds folder. I was thinking one of the hbl files might be bad, idk

edit:

I just PM'd you a link to the archive i made.

Last edited by Aroth,
D

Deleted User

Weird, wonder if the cart installed the stub browser and that is fucking with ninjhax.... i get a hard crash requiring a reboot every time i try to load the ninjhax 2.5 payload
FYI a cartridge update doesn't update the network apps, and therefore not the System Transfer app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1