Homebrew System transfer without updating, Is it possible? 9.9.0.26U FW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashhax will always work, but you'd have to have get a linux distro + compatible wifi card. lotsa demo attempts been shoddy lately for people though, over retail.
Also would requiring buying Smash, since i obviously cant access the eshop atm to download the demo :/

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also would requiring buying Smash, since i obviously cant access the eshop atm to download the demo :/
smash hax always works on any version as far as im aware even if you updated to grab it from the eshop, at least that's what i've understood.

I tweeted smea what was figured out in the thread. hopefully he also comes along to try and see what's up with my 9.9.x's.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>_> I cannot access the eshop. On 9.9 like you but no longer have a way to access HBL because im a derp and didnt think to install themehax first.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>_> I cannot access the eshop. On 9.9 like you but no longer have a way to access HBL because im a derp and didnt think to install themehax first.
yeah, i was just saying you could always update all the way up and use smashhax still, from what I understand. but definitely wouldn't help with the 9.9.x issue I have either haha. i also read about TFH + Chibi Robo installing the stub browsers, is that what you used?

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i was just saying you could always update all the way up and use smashhax still, from what I understand. but definitely wouldn't help with the 9.9.x issue I have either haha

Updating past 9.9 means any attempt i do to access HANS is invalid towards helping you.

Also I am a derp, once again. Guess what I forgot to do?

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no.

I forgot to ******* set up an internet connection.

edit: bad aroth, language :P
welll.... that could explain why.

for anyone that future reads I can access system transfer as normal through the console by going to it in the default menu, so it seems it's functioning, at least.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so it works for me using Ninjhax.

You use themehax though right?
Yeppers. Ironhax + Themehax is what I have available on the o3ds. Browserhax + Themehax on the n3ds. All have been tested. All run anything but sys trans fine in HANS.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, walk me through setting up themehax. I have HBL going already and the basic "starter" pack as well.

Also go ahead and link me that code file as well so i can test it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ok, no. Thanks. I'll be on my way now lol. :P

(sorry to disrupt your conversation with Acryt)

Last edited by zoogie,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Aroth, just to get this straight for the record, you downgraded a 9.4 N3DS to 9.0 through firmspoofed system transfer?

If true, gbatemp is going to explode tomorrow lol.

No?

I used HBL, HANS and a patched exefs codebin to bypass the firmware check in the system transfer so I could transfer my eshop titles, demos, saves and mii plaza data from my O3DS which was on 9.4 to my N3DS which was on 9.0

Reactions: zoogie

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, walk me through setting up themehax. I have HBL going already and the basic "starter" pack as well.

Also go ahead and link me that code file as well so i can test it.
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ > onto SD card > https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases/tag/v2.0 > onto SD card > prefered method for o3ds was old themehax > hold L > run menuhax installer 2.0 > install/reboot -> hold L -> shut 3ds case to make sure its 2.5, lives after opening again -> run HANS -> select ??? -> refer back to my pictures for exact result. Did that earlier when reupdating all my stuff to make sure it wasn't an issue with my setup.

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ > onto SD card > https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases/tag/v2.0 > onto SD card > prefered method for o3ds was old themehax > > hold L > run menuhax installer 2.0 > install/reboot -> hold L -> shut 3ds case to make sure its 2.5, lives after opening again -> run HANS -> select ??? -> refer back to my pictures for exact result. Did that earlier when reupdating all my stuff to make sure it wasn't an issue with my setup.

Ok so as long as I have all the neccessary files on the SD card I just need to run the new menuhax installer?

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so as long as I have all the neccessary files on the SD card I just need to run the new menuhax installer?
mhm, it downloads the new payloads. was just released today as a fix for the old one that wasn't working any longer, since we were having to use the modded offline version.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installer. First i got an error about something, didnt catch what, and then HBL wouldnt load when i rebooted after checking the card again.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installer. First i got an error about something, didnt catch what, and then HBL wouldnt load when i rebooted after checking the card again.
Worked for me, just repeating exactly what I just said, again just now.

However, I have all methods of entry except cubic ninja at my disposal and oot between my o3ds and my n3dsxl.
None of them are working with Hans + sys trans together. So I don't think it's related to the entrypoint?

Can you try something? Can you see what happens if you go into wireless disabled into HANS + Sys trans?

Last edited by Acryt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate...