Homebrew System transfer without updating, Is it possible? 9.9.0.26U FW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying Browserhax now, but I'm pretty sure this is near foolproof to not mess up

I'm not even getting into HANS on either console when I select ??? as the target. Seems very strange?
A bit. What is the other console on?
Can you use HANS with anything else, or does it always red screen on you?

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit. What is the other console on?
Can you use HANS with anything else, or does it always red screen on you?
I've been playing romhacks since the first day 2.5 was released, never had any issue with HANS on either console, tbh. O3DS 9.9.0.26U, N3DS XL 9.9.0.26U

No dice with browserhax either.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, so HANS only gives you trouble with the ??? title, nothing else. Weird as heck yeah.

If its any consolation, it looks like it did not properly transfer my system titles. NNID did transfer so I am redownloading game atm to see if my saves work.

Might be my own fault for opting to use the PC to transfer the save data rather than let it do it over the internet.

edit:

Hah, just found the PERFECT place for a smea shout-out in the store app. If you download a large enough file, eventually the little walking handbag will show up riding the rail that brings the blocks in. I wanna see someone hack the eshop to replace that with his little Calvin logo.

Last edited by Aroth,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
16f778d5f0.jpg

b51d85c834.jpg

5bc61b0323.jpg

Pic of the exact steps and result of both consoles.

I would be happy with NNID transfer, I don't want to call in. heh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe a hans loader config file might do the trick?

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard of some people getting the red screen before on launching hans, but its usually related to a problem with the files on the SD card. no idea why it only wants to happen with a single title. Maybe there is something different about 9.9 compared to 9.6 that triggers it.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard of some people getting the red screen before on launching hans, but its usually related to a problem with the files on the SD card. no idea why it only wants to happen with a single title. Maybe there is something different about 9.9 compared to 9.6 that triggers it.
I'd heard the same, that's why I doublechecked my kit right off the bat. I'm still able to load my Rutile Ruby with no trouble. I checked every single app on my 3ds to load through HANS, only the system transfer red screens it before HANS even loads.

Only issue is I dunno how to make an smdh file to try a HANS config xml/smdh.

Seems that was easy. Gonna try making a config file now.

Unfortunately, I can't tell the numbers I need to know for the XML file due to the fact HANS won't load. Can you tell me, by chance? It's the numbers that show for Code/Romfs in HANS. I know it's 00021A00 something but I don't know what's supposed to come before. My guess is 000400100021A00 ?

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird as fuck, all the data is there from the old card, but it doesn't SEE any of it. I don't get it

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird as fuck, all the data is there from the old card, but it doesn't SEE any of it. I don't get it
I had transfered my brother's 3ds save data around just some SD cards, and it did the same to one of his smash saves, so to say. Data was there, completely fine. But it disregarded it and would just acknowledge it as corrupted.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAH GOT IT. Fucking extra damn folder i had to delete because the damn console initialized the SD card

EDIT:

YEP I GOT IT ALLLLLL BABY!!!!

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky you, congrats! No idea what to do about on my end. Hoping my longshot of an attempt of an hans config file works.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky you, congrats! No idea what to do about on my end. Hoping my longshot of an attempt of an hans config file works.
I would give that a try yeah. Wish I could offer a suggestion why its doing that, but all I can think of is to ask smea.

Actually, I CAN try something for you. How that my shit is off of the O3DS, i could upgrade it to 9.9 and see if I can come at it from a different angle and maybe figure ot whats going on.

Last edited by Aroth,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would give that a try yeah. Wish I could offer a suggestion why its doing that, but all I can think of is to ask smea.
Did you see this?
Unfortunately, I can't tell the numbers I need to know for the XML file due to the fact HANS won't load. Can you tell me, by chance? It's the numbers that show for Code/Romfs in HANS. I know it's 00021A00 something but I don't know what's supposed to come before. My guess is 000400100021A00 ?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you see this?

Its 0004001000021A00

Btw, I am currently updating my O3DS to 9.9.0U

Last edited by Aroth,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its 0004001000021A00

Btw, I am currently updating my O3DS to 9.9.0U
Let me know if it works please. I'm trying my edit of a hans config file now.

Edit: anddd Nope. No dice. This thing just refuses to work.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the 9.6+ code file so all I can do is test if I can access hans

and imma derp, forgot I need to update the payload for the new firmware

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the 9.6+ code file so all I can do is test if I can access hans

and imma derp, forgot I need to update the payload for the new firmware
yeah, just accessing that would be perf
hans config file doesn't change my red screen result, but figure my edit is right considering i get that result. so it's pretty odd.

not too sure how to contact smea, seems pretty hard besides if you luckily grab his attention on twitter :( i think he'd be interested to know it worked out, but not too interested to help me troubleshoot why it's not working on either console for me. twitter def makes that hard with the char limit.

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, wonder if the cart installed the stub browser and that is fucking with ninjhax.... i get a hard crash requiring a reboot every time i try to load the ninjhax 2.5 payload

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, wonder if the cart installed the stub browser and that is fucking with ninjhax.... i get a hard crash requiring a reboot every time i try to load the ninjhax 2.5 payload
themehax installed already? if so download the new menuhax and try that?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themehax installed already? if so download the new menuhax and try that?
Nope, was on 9.4 and basically sat there since feb when i got he new 3ds.

Def installed the stub browser btw, no idea what I can try now tbh if ninjhax won't work since I have no other way to access HBL without updating to 10.2 which breaks the entrypoints iirc

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashhax will always work, but you'd have to have get a linux distro + compatible wifi card. lotsa demo attempts been shoddy lately for people though, over retail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :shit: +2