Switch sales topped 830,000 over Thanksgiving week in best sales week ever in the U.S.

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Switch and Switch Lite systems sold a combined total of more than 830,000 units in the United States from November 24 to 30, according to Nintendo data, ranking as the single best week of U.S. sales in Switch history, Nintendo announced.

Sales were bolstered in part by the recently released Switch Lite and a variety of Black Friday offers, such as a Switch bundle that included a full game download of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Cyber Monday broke records as well, becoming the best one yet for Switch.

“Holiday shoppers see the value of Nintendo Switch, which offers a vast library of games for every type of player,” Nintend of America senior vice president of sales and marketing Nick Chavez in a press release. “Whether shopping for the ideal gift or picking one up for yourself, the Nintendo Switch family of systems provides options that fit every play style.”

Nintendo also announced several updated Switch game lifetime sales numbers for the Americas, including:

• Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – three million units
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8.5 million units
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – eight million units
  • Super Mario Odyssey – 6.5 million units
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 1.5 million units
Total sales of Switch hardware in the Americas have surpassed 17.5 million units.

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/switch-...giving-week-in-best-sales-week-ever-in-the-us

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo will sell units and games with the switch but I think they kno they won't sell mor than the playstation overall - thers just not enough choice of top games and this is a fact you just hav to look at shelf space in shops and nintendo stands are much smaller than Sony and xbox and with ps5 soon thts going to be majority of gamers choice of machine next year - I hav both machines so no bias to sony but like most gamers the playstation gets far more usage and will prob Continue for next gen

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have been better if nintendo actually put their games on sale for at least %50 off instead of feeling stuck up and not doing it, kinda like square enix. $12-$18 discount and no dlc for sale is really showing just how unforgiving they are, especially on the eshop. :ninja:

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will sell units and games with the switch but I think they kno they won't sell mor than the playstation overall - thers just not enough choice of top games and this is a fact you just hav to look at shelf space in shops and nintendo stands are much smaller than Sony and xbox and with ps5 soon thts going to be majority of gamers choice of machine next year - I hav both machines so no bias to sony but like most gamers the playstation gets far more usage and will prob Continue for next gen
That's largely because Microsoft shit the bed so hard. Instead of Xbox and Playstation sales being split evenly, it's massively lopsided towards Sony. If it were split evenly like last gen then the Switch would already be over half way to catching up despite the other two consoles having a 4 year head-start. You are correct though, because of that it's unlikely to ever surpass the PS4 globally (regionally is a different story!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4