The Nintendo Switch has overtaken the 3DS in terms of sales

'.jpg

This time last year, the Nintendo Switch had just surpassed the sales numbers of both the Super Nintendo and the Xbox One, having secured itself 52 million total units sold. Now, as of the latest fiscal update, the Switch has just barely beaten out the Nintendo 3DS. The latter attained 75.94 million sales throughout its lifespan, with 385.85 million software sales. By comparison, the Switch has reached 79.87 million hardware sales, and 532.34 million games sold. Game sales for the platform increased year-over-year, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons managing 31.18 million sales in less than a year since its launch, while the limited-time exclusive compilation Super Mario 3D All-Stars hit over 8 million sales.

:arrow: Source

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
think carfully
it exists
now think about the switch
netflx doesnt exists
web browser is hidden only to be ued for free wifi zones and eshop and the crappy switch onlie button
its better than nothing
at least it works
at least it exists
You have no idea how bad Netflix on 3ds was, it's geniuely worse than no netflix

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know I'm in the minority here, but I still don't have a Switch and not sure if I'll get one. If there becomes a critical mass of must play games I haven't already played on Wii-u, I'll buy a switch. A new Zelda game would push me over the edge. Otherwise I'm not that interested.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Again the GBA lasted only four years yet still sold 81.51 million units. For comparison the original gameboy took a DECADE to sell around 80 million units. And if you heard is more is because they tend to put the Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light and Game Boy Color sales together with the Gameboy ones. The play it loud series is basically the 1989 gameboy with different color cases but is otherwise identical so the sales of it count as original gameboy sales in my book.

Heck by comparison the Gameboy Color sales really sucked even with Pokemon being really popular and so making people buy Gameboy Colors to play Pokemon Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Tarmfot

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is a good console, but I still have my gripes about it's services and some missing features that I know gamers would want. Also, Nintendo typically has two different consoles - why don't they have that yet?

Yes, I realize that there's a Switch and a Switch Lite; I don't mean that. Ever since the NES, they've had good pairings - NES/SNES and Game Boy. N64 and Game Boy Color. GameCube and Game Boy Advance. Wii and Nintendo DS/DSi. Wii U and all the 3DS variants. Switch... and itself? Come on, Nintendo! You can do better than this. Just because the Switch is a hybrid doesn't mean you can't make another great console to go with it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nintendo typically has two different consoles

The Switch Lite is different as not only is portable only, is also crap as not all games run correctly and it does suffer from joycon drift, only since the joycons are fixed if you ruin it that's it.

Edit: Holy fudge is worse that I thought, no hd rumble, no kickstand... weaker hardware in portable mode compared to even the revised Switch... no motion camera!

Last edited by raxadian,

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch Lite is different as not only is portable only, is also crap as not all games run correctly and it does suffer from joycon drift, only since the joycons are fixed if you ruin it that's it.

Did you miss this part?
Yes, I realize that there's a Switch and a Switch Lite; I don't mean that. Ever since the NES, they've had good pairings... Switch... and itself?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I haven't found that to be the case. I have both the Switch and Lite, and I actually like the Lite better.

People have tested games, tested hardware, compared what's playing a game on real Switch portable mode vs Switch Lite and.... besides getting less tired of holding the Switch Lite because it weights less or having something to gift a kid... not worth it.

More so with being freaking impossible to fix joycon drift on the Lite unless is still in warranty and you somehow got Nintendo to fix it for you.

I understand is hard to believe, when I found out 56% of Xbox 360s had hardware problems I was like No way, my friend has it and works perfectly fine!

But... still true.

Saving some money just ends with you having an unfixable console - -

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, but has it taken it over in terms of metaphysics, or from a reductive approach, or paradoxically for that matter? These things I need to know!

The Switch has more games that the DS, DSi and 3DS combined and now it sold more that the 3DS.

Soon it will sell more than the GBA.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv