Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

misterpooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A green light seems to indicate that you are injecting ReiNX which is a defunct CFW. You want a blue light for Atmosphere or yellow/magenta/cyan for any of the user submitted payloads.

I got the RCM loader charged properly now. All chargers didn't work. Charged using cable to PC.
Got the blue light to inject. Screen says Atmosphere.
Checked through PC, folder says ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE, the payload.bin is from mid 2019.

The switch version 16.0.1 | AMS 1.5.1 | S
The SD card is only 32Gb with folders saying 16.0.1, atmosphere, bootloader, warmboot_mariko, etc.
I plan to get a bigger sd card.

What should I be doing next?

Sorry to ask so many questions.
Thank you.

AtChERim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A green light seems to indicate that you are injecting ReiNX which is a defunct CFW. You want a blue light for Atmosphere or yellow/magenta/cyan for any of the user submitted payloads.

Do you have any mods and/or cheats enabled for the games that are not working?

What do you mean you broke the SD card? And what exactly are you hoping to fix?

The digitizer, or touch screen, is not connected to the LCD screen. The digitizer itself is attached to the casing around the screen via adhesive so there is definitely an air gap as the touch screen and LCD are not fused or laminated.

Going online after any usage CFW/homebrew can get you banned, even overclocking. If you never go online when using CFW/homebrew including overclocking, you will not get banned.

You were almost there. Everything you listed is still part of the proper procedure to transfer emuMMC stuff from one SD card to another. You just forgot that if any content was installed to the SD card, you would have to move the Nintendo folder that emuMMC used to the new card as well.

Have you tried using Checkpoint?

I had something similar happen to me when I tried installing the 1.1 update. The game would become corrupted and unable to play. The only way I resolved this was by uninstalling the update then reinstalling it from another source.
Checkpoint and Edizon both freeze now similarly to JKSV, every time that happens I have to force reboot the Switch. I would like to fix that.

I was only able to get Neumann to successfully backup my TotK save

Aramendry

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had something similar happen to me when I tried installing the 1.1 update. The game would become corrupted and unable to play. The only way I resolved this was by uninstalling the update then reinstalling it from another source.
Sorry to bother you again but could you give me the place where you downloaded the game + update from and what you used to install it ? I tried what you told me but after like 3 or 4 sources it still doesn't work (and it's always at the end of the 50min install that it tells me there's something wrong ofc), and DBI seems to put the same error message with each of them, the message says "[0x00000605] (2005-0003) content/placeholder path not exist or filesystem corrupted" but i can't seem to find anything about this online.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother you again but could you give me the place where you downloaded the game + update from and what you used to install it ? I tried what you told me but after like 3 or 4 sources it still doesn't work (and it's always at the end of the 50min install that it tells me there's something wrong ofc), and DBI seems to put the same error message with each of them, the message says "[0x00000605] (2005-0003) content/placeholder path not exist or filesystem corrupted" but i can't seem to find anything about this online.

Can't ask for warez here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i was thinking that jailbreaking the switch V2 (mariko) Is or Will be possibile by the dns settings, because we already have a dns browser but the switch cannot run things from It i think. I m a switch noob, so If im wrong, please do not insult me and if you want give me some explanations on why It cant be done because im really interested in these things, and another thing, Will the switch V2 be jailbreakable After they discontinued It? Or Will It be Forever moddable and not softmoddable??
You need a kernel exploit to do anything remotely useful. Even if there was a hypothetical exploit with the DNS settings, its not enough to get us full access to the console.
@Draxzelex ,what do you mean by mods/cheats enabled?
Do you have any game mods or cheats running for the game(s) that are malfunctioning?
Checkpoint and Edizon both freeze now similarly to JKSV, every time that happens I have to force reboot the Switch. I would like to fix that.

I was only able to get Neumann to successfully backup my TotK save
Do you have any sysmodules enabled?
Asking for warez is against the rules of the forum. Also, I would not recommend DBI. DBI refused to install the update for me. TinWoo installed the update and it always works for.
Do I have to make a backup before I keep going?
I have AMS 1.5.1.

Trying to figure out where to put the NSPs or the folder structure?
Thank you
If you don't already have an eMMC backup, now is a good time to make one. As for .NSP files, you don't have to put them on the SD card. You can install them via USB.

Reactions: misterpooper

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have any game mods or cheats running for the game(s) that are malfunctioning?
@Draxzelex i have only Breeze&Edizon SE,another example if try to open Megaman Zero/ZX only Base or with update&DLC installed report same error,and i have tried other source but is remain only download link on all site wich i visited the other links have all been removed.
Another question: if the leds of the joycons between the SL&SR buttons don't light up and when you insert them into the grip and they don't mate, does that mean they are damaged and need to be replaced?

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently got my oled Switch mod and we played a few 4 Player Mario Kart 8 splitscreen Matches yesterday. Unfortunately we suffered huuuuge frame drops in almost every races. It kinda destroyed all the fun. Is this somehow related to the mod? Im using a Samsung evo plus microsd.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Need some help. Ive been using my daughter's hacked switch which is chipped. I've downloaded a switch game off Nintendo, how do I transfer it to the hacked nand? Thanks in advance guys, any help will be much appreciated. Also, ive got some nsp files, how do i install them?

Last edited by TudorBlue,

Gazzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Do you have any mods and/or cheats enabled for the games that are not working?

What do you mean you broke the SD card? And what exactly are you hoping to fix?

The digitizer, or touch screen, is not connected to the LCD screen. The digitizer itself is attached to the casing around the screen via adhesive so there is definitely an air gap as the touch screen and LCD are not fused or laminated.

Going online after any usage CFW/homebrew can get you banned, even overclocking. If you never go online when using CFW/homebrew including overclocking, you will not get banned.

You were almost there. Everything you listed is still part of the proper procedure to transfer emuMMC stuff from one SD card to another. You just forgot that if any content was installed to the SD card, you would have to move the Nintendo folder that emuMMC used to the new card as well.

Have you tried using Checkpoint?

the main problem is that athmosphere doesn't boot up, so it keep saying stuff like you can't boot a emummc from a V1 to an OLED so i simply transfered all the files and saves

ClumpPridd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping to get some clarification on a few issues with modding here, please, as my desire to mod doesn't really conform to the usual reason for doing it... so I've been waiting for Tears of the Kingdom for what feels like forever but I would like to have the best possible experience of the game. Frame rate issues etc aren't a deal breaker for me, however I've seen a few videos using CFS to boost CPU, GPU and specifically memory and loading Atmosphere etc doesn't seem too difficult to me.

I would like to support Nintendo for this specific game, at least so I intend to purchase the game from the Eshop premod. Install Atmosphere and run the game on EmuNAND with overclock software. Am I right in thinking that everything I install onto my standard NAND before modding will be immediately accessible on this partition? No need for any sig patches or messing about in any other way? I just copy over my Nand boot into EmuNAND and the game will be there and run fine alongside whatever overclock software I stick on there? I don't have anything but a basic grasp of the whole homebrew thing other than what i've read about over the last few days. Its probably a silly noob question that i've answered myself here but like i said I just want clarification. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have quite a few Sysmodules enabled alongside Tesla Overlay, does that somehow affect JKSV?
They take up RAM that JKSV or other homebrew apps can be using, making them function less optimally. Sometimes too many sysmodules can even effect games.
@Draxzelex i have only Breeze&Edizon SE,another example if try to open Megaman Zero/ZX only Base or with update&DLC installed report same error,and i have tried other source but is remain only download link on all site wich i visited the other links have all been removed.
Another question: if the leds of the joycons between the SL&SR buttons don't light up and when you insert them into the grip and they don't mate, does that mean they are damaged and need to be replaced?
Well disabling those is still worth trying if you are using any cheats with those tools. And upon some Googling, it seems like it either needs to be repaired or replaced. The repair itself is simple as all you need to do is buy some ribbon cable that apparently is positioned poorly in the Joy-Con which renders it liable for being easily broken.
I recently got my oled Switch mod and we played a few 4 Player Mario Kart 8 splitscreen Matches yesterday. Unfortunately we suffered huuuuge frame drops in almost every races. It kinda destroyed all the fun. Is this somehow related to the mod? Im using a Samsung evo plus microsd.
Its possible. 4 player split-screen with Mario Kart 8 caps at 30 FPS because the Switch can't handle 4 instances of the game running at 60 FPS. A mod that hasn't been approved by Nintendo or tested with 4 players probably worsen the performance even more.
Need some help. Ive been using my daughter's hacked switch which is chipped. I've downloaded a switch game off Nintendo, how do I transfer it to the hacked nand? Thanks in advance guys, any help will be much appreciated. Also, ive got some nsp files, how do i install them?
To transfer the game, you will either have to remake the emuMMC partition or reinstall the game in emuMMC. There is in fact no way to directly transfer the game from sysMMC to emuMMC because they act like 2 different consoles. As for installing .NSP files, you can use TinWoo Installer.
the main problem is that athmosphere doesn't boot up, so it keep saying stuff like you can't boot a emummc from a V1 to an OLED so i simply transfered all the files and saves
I thought there were no compatibility differences between the OLED and Erista units since the OLED mainly features a new screen but I forgot it also adds 32 GB of internal storage which the Erista device doesn't support which is probably leading to the incompatibility.
Hoping to get some clarification on a few issues with modding here, please, as my desire to mod doesn't really conform to the usual reason for doing it... so I've been waiting for Tears of the Kingdom for what feels like forever but I would like to have the best possible experience of the game. Frame rate issues etc aren't a deal breaker for me, however I've seen a few videos using CFS to boost CPU, GPU and specifically memory and loading Atmosphere etc doesn't seem too difficult to me.

I would like to support Nintendo for this specific game, at least so I intend to purchase the game from the Eshop premod. Install Atmosphere and run the game on EmuNAND with overclock software. Am I right in thinking that everything I install onto my standard NAND before modding will be immediately accessible on this partition? No need for any sig patches or messing about in any other way? I just copy over my Nand boot into EmuNAND and the game will be there and run fine alongside whatever overclock software I stick on there? I don't have anything but a basic grasp of the whole homebrew thing other than what i've read about over the last few days. Its probably a silly noob question that i've answered myself here but like i said I just want clarification. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
emuMMC starts out as a copy of sysMMC so whatever content is installed or saved there will be copied over to emuMMC meaning if you download ToTK on sysMMC then make emuMMC, it should be playable on emuMMC out of the gate.

ClumpPridd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They take up RAM that JKSV or other homebrew apps can be using, making them function less optimally. Sometimes too many sysmodules can even effect games.

Well disabling those is still worth trying if you are using any cheats with those tools. And upon some Googling, it seems like it either needs to be repaired or replaced. The repair itself is simple as all you need to do is buy some ribbon cable that apparently is positioned poorly in the Joy-Con which renders it liable for being easily broken.

Its possible. 4 player split-screen with Mario Kart 8 caps at 30 FPS because the Switch can't handle 4 instances of the game running at 60 FPS. A mod that hasn't been approved by Nintendo or tested with 4 players probably worsen the performance even more.

To transfer the game, you will either have to remake the emuMMC partition or reinstall the game in emuMMC. There is in fact no way to directly transfer the game from sysMMC to emuMMC because they act like 2 different consoles. As for installing .NSP files, you can use

I thought there were no compatibility differences between the OLED and Erista units since the OLED mainly features a new screen but I forgot it also adds 32 GB of internal storage which the Erista device doesn't support which is probably leading to the incompatibility.

emuMMC starts out as a copy of sysMMC so whatever content is installed or saved there will be copied over to emuMMC meaning if you download ToTK on sysMMC then make emuMMC, it should be playable on emuMMC out of the gate.
Fantastic. Its exactly as I thought it would be but wanted to make sure before I go to the trouble of messing about with the unpatched Switch I just bought. Really appreciate you taking time to answer my question. Cheers.

Reactions: Draxzelex

rubictus

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I just decided to re-use my switch V1 and to soft mod it.
My switch is still in firmware 2.0.0 !!!

I had no problem to go in rcm, following homebrew guide and using sdsetup dot com.
Hekate 2023.05.01 starts well. Then Atmosphere 1.5.2 well to.
Checking switch params, I've : 2.0.0|AMS 1.5.2|S

But when I select Album (Picture Gallery), I've no Home Brew Menu and system seems to freeze. I can only press short power to return to Hekate.
My SD card is a SDHC 32 GB formated to FAT32.

Any Idea ? Should I update my firmware as I think there are no more reason to stay low ?
I answer to myself, if it can help someone else later.

There are definitely some issues / bugs with old firmware 2.0.0 and new versions of atmosphere / homebrew menu. I managed to have it work using the old package atmosphere 0.14.4 + hbl 2.3.4 + hbmenu 3.3.0 and hekate 5.3.4.

With this old versions of atmosphere 0.14.4 + hbl 2.3.4 + hbmenu 3.3.0 and firmware 2.0.0, hbmenu works.
Then I created emunand and I could update firmware (without burning fuses) using daybreak.

Then I could update to latest versions of atmosphere / hbl / hbmenu / hekate.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Draxzelex ,on Megaman Zero/ZX don't have any cheats enable,and i forgot to tell you that update 1.04 is not online but only on Tinfoil,i've already tried many times but the game doesn't start.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: Answered my own question but leaving this here in case anyone else struggles. I was putting the updated Fusee.bin file in the wrong location on the SD card. It should be placed in X:/Bootloader/Payloads.

Question:
I have never yet successfully managed to update Atmosphere without some kind of error... What order do I update the console/ Atmosphere versions?

I'm trying to update Atmosphere from 1.4.0 to 1.5.2 (aware this is not the latest version), and update the switch to FW 16.0.2.

I've put the Switch update files on the SD card in a folder ready for daybreak to read, and moved the Atmosphere folder & hbmenu.nro onto the root of the SD card, I've also downloaded the latest Fusee file and added it as a favourite to TegraRCM.

Now, I'm getting "A fatal error occurred when running Fusee. Incorrect Fusee Version!" which to my understanding is because Atmosphere needs the updated Fusee to run, which is what I'm trying to do ahaha.

A little help would be ace, thanks!

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...