Hacking Super Smash Bros 3DS - 9.2.0-17U Update

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not at all what is here.

This cart updates both the 3DS and N3DS to 9.2. It has an additional partition with N3DS specific files. That is all.

Then the first 2 parts of my statement are wrong, but my last statement is probably something to consider.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no reason anymore to have a device up to FW9.2... (you could downgrade it with gateway with all fw's)
I disagree (putting aside the fact that neither the 2DS nor the new3DS can be downgraded to 4.x).

As a Gateway user 9.2 is the perfect version for my sysNAND, I have native Ninjhax support AND a fully updated emuNAND.

Reactions: Maximilious

Gamerschoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's very curious how they are using the same stock number (83565A) even though there's an update built in.

Mario Kart 7 changed from A to B when they re-issued it with the 1.1 update preinstalled. I've seen other "B" versions as well, like Tomodachi Life and Pokémon X/Y (Does anybody own either of those and could tell me if they include updates?)

I realize that it's a slightly different situation, but whenever Pepsi updates its can/packaging design sometimes the new cans ship in the old boxes for a little bit until the inventory evens out. Perhaps a similar condition is happening here where a new cart is sent out with an older cover?

I'm frankly very interested in what happens here because I'd love to have a "hard copy" of 9.2 firmware on a cartridge. I'll run out and buy a second copy of this game if we can find out how to tell from the outside.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that it's a slightly different situation, but whenever Pepsi updates its can/packaging design sometimes the new cans ship in the old boxes for a little bit until the inventory evens out. Perhaps a similar condition is happening here where a new cart is sent out with an older cover?

I'm frankly very interested in what happens here because I'd love to have a "hard copy" of 9.2 firmware on a cartridge. I'll run out and buy a second copy of this game if we can find out how to tell from the outside.

Yeah, I'm with you. And sadly I don't think there's a way, I've checked around a bit and haven't seen any copies of the game that have a different stock number. Not going to risk wasting $40 to find out (though I suppose I can peruse used copies at GameStop since they're return-able)

Gamerschoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm with you. And sadly I don't think there's a way, I've checked around a bit and haven't seen any copies of the game that have a different stock number. Not going to risk wasting $40 to find out (though I suppose I can peruse used copies at GameStop since they're return-able)

Good idea. I think that if this is a new cart revision, then it should fill the shelves before too long. But again, without a way to tell, who knows?

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to pop in and say I bought Smash over the weekend and it came with 9.2.0 on the cartridge.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just wanted to pop in and say I bought Smash over the weekend and it came with 9.2.0 on the cartridge.
Would you mind telling us where you bought it?
I bought one at walmart a week ago, and ...... wasted money :P
hi
is it possible to inject this update file to another rom ?
Tried with MK7 demo, and while the update partitions injected successfully, they were ignored by the 3ds.

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried with MK7 demo, and while the update partitions injected successfully, they were ignored by the 3ds.
I don't know any thing about this stuff but, is the update code that you injected the same code that also checks if an update needs to be applied?..
In other words, the code that *checks* might still not have been over-ridden maybe?.. (Even though the actual update on the cart is now 9.2)..
The cart might still be *checking* for 4.1 (or whatever the original firmware version was), in which case it would see that your 3DS has already been updated past that (therefore not invoking the update) EVEN THOUGH the actual update (if it were to be invoked) would install 9.2 on to the 3DS..

Again, I am just guessing and I don't know any thing about this stuff, but there must be a reason why the update isn't being invoked/started, you know?..

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't know any thing about this stuff but, is the update code that you injected the same code that also checks if an update needs to be applied?..
In other words, the code that *checks* might still not have been over-ridden maybe?.. (Even though the actual update on the cart is now 9.2)..
The cart might still be *checking* for 4.1 (or whatever the original firmware version was), in which case it would see that your 3DS has already been updated past that (therefore not invoking the update) EVEN THOUGH the actual update (if it were to be invoked) would install 9.2 on to the 3DS..

Again, I am just guessing and I don't know any thing about this stuff, but there must be a reason why the update isn't being invoked/started, you know?..
probably because the game he injected it into required a lower version than what he already had, pretty sure the game defines the required version, and if your 3ds is lower than that version it triggers the update.........either that or he just didn't press UP when entering gateway mode which just automatically skips updates anyway

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
probably because the game he injected it into required a lower version than what he already had, pretty sure the game defines the required version, and if your 3ds is lower than that version it triggers the update.........either that or he just didn't press UP when entering gateway mode which just automatically skips updates anyway
Pretty sure you need to xor the update partition first with the smash Bros pad and then with the Mario Kart pad at least to hope it will work. Am I wrong?

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 2 super smash bros games from best buy online 2 days ago and I just got them.

Both have update 9-2-0-20U in them. I did the update in the n3ds xl, took like 3 seconds to update.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
And the US game is dumped and out in the scene!!!

ÛÛÛ Release Information ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ þ Date ............ þ ...... þ 06/03/2015 þ ÛÛÛ
Û²Û þ Platform ........ þ ...... þ 3DS þ Û²Û
Û²Û þ Region .......... þ ...... þ USA þ Û²Û
Û²Û þ Publisher........ þ ...... þ Nintendo þ Û²Û
Û²Û þ Imagesize ....... þ ...... þ 16384 þ Û²Û
ÛÛÛ þ Game ID ......... þ ...... þ 00040000000EDF00 þ ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ þ Min. FW. ........ þ ...... þ 9.2.0 þ ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ þ Game Chip ....... þ ...... þ C2 F8 02 90 þ ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ þ Languages ....... þ ...... þ En, Fr, Es þ ÛÛÛ
Û²Û þ ................. þ ...... þ ................... þ Û

*.*.USA.READNFO.3DS-*

m0dm0use

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why can't we use roms to update sysnand? I don't have any emunand setup, so there is no chance of it conflicting with that.

Also would we be able to use a USA cart / rom to update a EUR console?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we use roms to update sysnand? I don't have any emunand setup, so there is no chance of it conflicting with that.

Also would we be able to use a USA cart / rom to update a EUR console?

After 7.x, Gateway patches updates when they're applied. So attempting to update sysnand from within gateway mode will most likely result in a brick.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof