ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ Translation

kalil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't say that man, just look at summon night swordcraft story 3
a gba game that had like 3 translation attempts with hackers having trouble hacking the game and/or quitting the project (i've been waiting for a translation for that game for way too long D: ) is finally being translated at 2013 with the story translation being at 60% while weapons, menus and such 100% translated.
if a gba game that most people had lost hope of it being translated ever can be translated i'm pretty sure this one will eventually too

WAIT
is it true?
summon night sword 3 is finally been translated for REAL?

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks for the support guys, we have finished 100% of the story script :D

we only have proofreading and trimming left

on topic: this is another game i really want to play, good luck!

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
is this game already finished? when will be the game be released?

Summon Night X isn't finished. It doesn't have a release date.
It's big and not close to completion, but the author (who is the only translator, making it even harder for him) intends to release a menu patch... eventually. He needs help from other translators.. as in human translators.

Summon Night Hajimari no Ishi (Swordcraft Story 3) has the text translation finished. It's worked on by a team. It still has to be corrected and shortened and after all of that re-inserted and tested. Again, it doesn't have a release date, but it's very close to completion.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

RedCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well I've been playing the current patch and a lot of basic things are missing or confusing so all that will do is clear that up. Pretty much all dialog is going to be untranslated which stinks but at least the game will be somewhat playable (it's kinda difficult ATM because of all the unique items, summons, etc., so at least if those are translated...). If a willing translator or two ever come by at least they'll be able to focus on that and get started but I think this game just doesn't have enough of a demand to get a full translation, sadly. Especially now that DS games aren't as popular for some people (that might not apply to as many people here since a lot of people at GBATemp play retro games or still use flashcarts for GBA and DS games but there are people who won't really play games older than the current generation and as it is this is kind of a niche title...).

Please don't say that, there are many who still awaits this project... (including me)
And yeah, I agree with Monobear... Swordcraft Story 3 is a good example.
Just take your time, we don't care if it's slow or maybe took years for completion as long as it's still progressing...

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's another thread for this, this one isn't being used by me anymore, that thread contains more up to date info on the project status (though it's still pretty under-wraps as we just work on it on our own schedules)

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There's another thread for this, this one isn't being used by me anymore, that thread contains more up to date info on the project status (though it's still pretty under-wraps as we just work on it on our own schedules)

Can you give me the link for the other thread you're saying? I want to keep updated about this game. Thanks.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seriously can't look in the exact same forum as this and find it? it's literally just scrolling down the page. *facepalm*

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you seriously can't look in the exact same forum as this and find it? it's literally just scrolling down the page. *facepalm*

Ah, sorry 'bout that. I always thought that all translation project was listed in "Translation Index Thread", so i bookmarked this thread, and never open any other thread in gbatemp except this one. I thought that you're actually talking about another thread outside gbatemp, since there's only 1 project of this game in the list of "Translation Index Thread" front page. So, i guess there's a lot of games translation projects that wasn't listed in this thread after all.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that makes sense, but yeah a topic is only up to date if someone keeps it up to date, so don't take it for granted that it has all the threads =).

Anyhow, I was a bit rude, sorry about that, but I was just perplexed how you couldn't find it if you managed to find this thread... since it really does only take 5 seconds.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Blazer's the one in charge, and he sent me the graphics to translate. I guess the script's ready (maybe pending proofreading).

Verrannicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this translation is on hiatus and the other one has taken precedent, but I used the menu patch in the meantime and figured I'd come here to warn people. Not sure if it was just me, but once I reached the first Parliament/Congress section the game got stuck on one of the decisions and the only way I was able to pass it was by renaming an unpatched version of the game to the patched ones name and going through it with the original. So, be careful.

Marusero28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this translation is on hiatus and the other one has taken precedent, but I used the menu patch in the meantime and figured I'd come here to warn people. Not sure if it was just me, but once I reached the first Parliament/Congress section the game got stuck on one of the decisions and the only way I was able to pass it was by renaming an unpatched version of the game to the patched ones name and going through it with the original. So, be careful.
Thanks for your support. If It is necessary for me to start it again, I'll start by looking further into it. First the bugs, later the translation.
(I'm not sure but I think that I had fixed it. I didn't publish this patch... If I find it, I may upload to help anyone who needs.)

PS: Don't forget to support the new team that is working on it.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for your support. If It is necessary for me to start it again, I'll start by looking further into it. First the bugs, later the translation.
(I'm not sure but I think that I had fixed it. I didn't publish this patch... If I find it, I may upload to help anyone who needs.)

PS: Don't forget to support the new team that is working on it.
That'd be cool. SO far I'm helping on graphic task, I might post some pics when graphics are translated if that's alright with blazer.

Reactions: Marusero28

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?