Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not use Luma3DS?
Because honestly using ReiNAND myself on a new3DS, I can see the appeal to it. Like on an old3DS, I say use anything else. But if you have a New3DS, ReiNAND was seriously one of the best CFW for it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Because honestly using ReiNAND myself on a new3DS, I can see the appeal to it. Like on an old3DS, I say use anything else. But if you have a New3DS, ReiNAND was seriously the best CFW for it.
Oh I wasn't aware Reinand had something Luma didn't. I was legitimately curious, I don't really remember the differences between both.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh I wasn't aware Reinand had something Luma didn't. I was legitimately curious, I don't really remember the differences between both.
It's not so much what it had, but what didn't have. It was basically an extremely slim minimal CFW for the new3DS and was basically made for the new3DS. it was later ported to the old3DS, but really wasn't that good for the old3DS.
The real appeal to it was basically how many feature it had, but still being extremely lite on the system.
Honestly, if it supported Native_Firm past 10.2, I would still be rocking a tri-boot with Corbenik, ReiNAND, and Luma3DS (I actually have Luma3DS on my CTRNAND)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've never really understood the appeal of the 'minimalist' philosophy when we're ultimately talking about a couple of tens of kilobytes.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: Hayleia

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've never really understood the appeal 'minimalist' philosophy when we're ultimately talking about a couple of tens of kilobytes.
It's mostly the install and forget part that's appealing. Unless there's something major to update, most minimal CFWs really don't require much work.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I've never really understood the appeal of the 'minimalist' philosophy when we're ultimately talking about a couple of tens of kilobytes.
Because lets be honest. We're here to play pirated games. So it focuses on the necessities like sig patches etc.. I wrote RN to see how simplified i could make it compared to cakes. I wanted it to be easy to read for devs and such. Small, nice to read, and fast and easy. So I still try to make things modular and flexible with an array of features while not adding a wall of code.
Anyways, that being said, update coming soonTM.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS is literally drag&drop.
Isn't every CFW drag and drop? ..especially GW. lol

Oh what a fucking coincidence
Huh? I've been slowly working on stuff in my spare time for the past few weeks because @CrimsonMaple trying to motivate me and such.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Considering I never wrote that, I don't know how to answer your question. lol.
You realize though, that framing multiple people is the oldest trick in the book to mask ones identity.

Last edited by Issac,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

He cries bloat but luma is one file, two if you count the config file. There are way more files to his firmware. It needs external firmware and shit in the rei folder. If anything is bloated its reinand.

Its the source code. The code I have found to be unbearable to modify for anything. Yes, Rei does bash Luma, but it goes against what Reinand originally was. Minimalistic. I'm working on not needing an external firm. But doing it either way has its flaws. Ex: NFirm Update breaks patch. You have to wait for a Luma update. Reinand doesn't have that issue since it loads its own nfirm.

Last edited by Issac,
Reactions: Straximus

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its the source code. The code I have found to be unbearable to modify for anything. Yes, Rei does bash Luma, but it goes against what Reinand originally was. Minimalistic. I'm working on not needing an external firm. But doing it either way has its flaws. Ex: NFirm Update breaks patch. You have to wait for a Luma update. Reinand doesn't have that issue since it loads its own nfirm.
Which breaks/needs updating when games like Animal Crossing require a recent enough NFIRM version (e.g. 11.0 nfirm). Either way...

Last edited by TuxSH,
Reactions: Gray_Jack

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
If that were true then all the people running out dated luma wouldn't be able to boot all the updates that have come out with the Nfirm changed. Luma doesn't rely on a built in firm, it added in shit so it searches for what to patch so Nfirm updates don't matter

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If that were true then all the people running out dated luma wouldn't be able to boot all the updates that have come out with the Nfirm changed. Luma doesn't rely on a built in firm, it added in shit so it searches for what to patch so Nfirm updates don't matter
When stuff breaks it's usually fixed before 24h

Reactions: Gray_Jack and pbanj

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
If youd take one second to look at this situation its obvious what truly happened; also i've had this account for almost a year, only reason its still "newbie" is because i rarely venture to this cesspool.

Okay lets look at this from my point of view. I talk to Rei daily on skype. He would have told me if he had your pass. And this Reinand update has been in the works for MONTHS! (I started learning C doing this update.) Well before the hack. Likely wont be done for another week maybe two at LEAST. Enough time for Luma to get on it's feet. And it just happens to be that the hack goes down the night of Rei and I agreeing we need to get out this update. How is this affecting you? Its not. You have the BIGGEST CFW out there. Even I use it. Its a great reference (Sometimes. Lol cant find shit often though.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which breaks/needs updating when games like Animal Crossing require a recent enough NFIRM version (e.g. 11.0 nfirm). Either way...

Cut me some slack. I'm new to development, and i'm a student. Its being worked on lol.

Reactions: Wolfvak

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
bash is a harsh word. I simply meme =)

Also to the elephants in the room, plz go. Just because luma's thread got trashed doesn't mean mine needs to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu