Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hope we see an update once new firmware is out when pokemon moon/sun is released
There's really no reason to up just for a game. CFWs by nature have 100% perfect ROM compatibility, even dead CFWs like RXTools still has that much going for it.
By real suggest of instead of waiting around for an unlikely update, is to either to stick with ReiNAND or switch to something else. Regardless, you are most likely not going to start seeing updating for ReiNAND, unless someone else picks up the project.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
There's really no reason to up just for a game. CFWs by nature have 100% perfect ROM compatibility, even dead CFWs like RXTools still has that much going for it.
By real suggest of instead of waiting around for an unlikely update, is to either to stick with ReiNAND or switch to something else. Regardless, you are most likely not going to start seeing updating for ReiNAND, unless someone else picks up the project.
It's highly likely Nintendo will update NFIRM again with Pokemon Sun/Moon release, and this time block out old native firms by changing the minimum required NFIRM. This will block out DSiWare downgrading and hardmod downgrading, but it will also block out CFWs that use an old NFIRM. ReiNAND uses a 10.2 firmware.bin built into it, so you'd need to update it to use a new NFIRM or else it won't work with Sun/Moon assuming Nintendo does what we expect.

Reactions: peteruk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's highly likely Nintendo will update NFIRM again with Pokemon Sun/Moon release, and this time block out old native firms by changing the minimum required NFIRM. This will block out DSiWare downgrading and hardmod downgrading, but it will also block out CFWs that use an old NFIRM. ReiNAND uses a 10.2 firmware.bin built into it, so you'd need to update it to use a new NFIRM or else it won't work with Sun/Moon assuming Nintendo does what we expect.
Yeah, but that's not really hard to fix, just replace the firmware.bin. ReiNAND shouldn't need to update to support replacing the firmware.bin, unless Nintendo tries something new. Which outside of updating the NFIRM, Nintendo really isn't known for trying anything too extreme.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but that's not really hard to fix, just replace the firmware.bin. ReiNAND shouldn't need to update to support replacing the firmware.bin, unless Nintendo tries something new. Which outside of updating the NFIRM, Nintendo really isn't known for trying anything too extreme.
ReiNAND uses a built in "firmware.bin" - it doesn't load an external one.

epidotas

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I recently update my cfw Reinand from 3.2 to the lastest and now, a empty box appeared and I can't delete it and if I run it, my N3DS freezes. Could anyone help me???

Koya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had hacked my N3ds around March, and was wondering if this can mess up your D pad. My up directional button isnt working anymore after several mpnths passed by. I ask because my up direction d pad was working perfectly fine when it wasnt hacked.

Reactions: eijom

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And if this happen, ReiNAND also needs to have svcbackdoor reimplemented into 11.0+ so people can still use dynarec. Right now, ReiNAND simply does this by using an outdated native firm.

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please guide me on how to update my reinand 3.1 on 10.3 to the latest version and latest emunand firmware. It has been months since i last installed reinand on my n3ds, and everything is working well, just wanted to update to the latest version.

is it as simple as copying/overwriting the files from reinanand(github) then updating my emunand through the settings?

Last edited by acoll,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
can someone please guide me on how to update my reinand 3.1 on 10.3 to the latest version and latest emunand firmware. It has been months since i last installed reinand on my n3ds, and everything is working well, just wanted to update to the latest version.

is it as simple as copying/overwriting the files from reinanand(github) then updating my emunand through the settings?
Yes, just copy and overewrite files. then update your system via system setting.

Reactions: acoll

eijom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New system update 11.1.0-34 is out. I am on reinand with menuhax and emunand. is it safe to update emunand to 11.1.0-34? thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-