Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what to use now? is luma better in every aspect?
I still prefer reinand over luma3ds for its simplicity. I feel luma may become bloated like rxtools in the next update, which will directly intergrate rom hacking and ntr features into luma3ds. Reinand has been VERY stable in my experience, and has the fastest and highest boot rate for menuhax. I will say that this is hands down the best n3ds for menuhax, and saltfw would be the best for a9lh on o3ds and n3ds

Reactions: naddel81

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I still prefer reinand over luma3ds for its simplicity. I feel luma may become bloated like rxtools in the next update, which will directly intergrate rom hacking and ntr features into luma3ds. Reinand has been VERY stable in my experience, and has the fastest and highest boot rate for menuhax. I will say that this is hands down the best n3ds for menuhax, and saltfw would be the best for a9lh on o3ds and n3ds

Well... rxTools is bloated because it have tools that is useless since we have specialized tools to do the same but better
Luma3DS have only the features that is associated with CFW and not tools.

Plus, I don't think the next stable release will have those features, since TuxSh is working about REing MCU

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

would be great if reinand would see an update once a new FW is out.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just doesn't have reboot patches. There has been talk of rei retiring from development and giving the project to a new developer. I personally know the new developer, and he just plans to really add reboot patches, make it a bit smaller, and optimize it for a9lh so it boots faster. Besides that, not much else. No menu will be added, and will be kept as minimalstic as possible. It does work on o3ds, smash and monster hunter just don't work because it doesn't have reboot patches

eijom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it just doesn't have reboot patches. There has been talk of rei retiring from development and giving the project to a new developer. I personally know the new developer, and he just plans to really add reboot patches, make it a bit smaller, and optimize it for a9lh so it boots faster. Besides that, not much else. No menu will be added, and will be kept as minimalstic as possible. It does work on o3ds, smash and monster hunter just don't work because it doesn't have reboot patches
as long as someone else is continuing development then i am happy. still prefer reinand over luma

Reactions: Xana and naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill