Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same thing here. I was facing a strange bug on Streetpass, so I compiled a new version of ReiNand, and all my cias just disappeared. When I removed those patches, all my games showed up again. gift-wrapped --'

n5679ZB.jpg

At least, the Streetpass bug seems to be gone...
unlink your nands

Reactions: Rohul1997

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
unlink your nands
They are already unlinked...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dont use the ro patch from the latest commit if you're compiling it. For whatever reason theres a weird bug in the patching system that no one can figure out. Probably something with stack allocation or something. Thats the only bug to watch out for.

So if I use the patches from your site, they will work ?

Iprollyneedhelp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long time since i installed reinand, Recently updated to latest version, i am wondering if it is safe to update my Emunand to latest version through system settings.

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont use the ro patch from the latest commit if you're compiling it. For whatever reason theres a weird bug in the patching system that no one can figure out. Probably something with stack allocation or something. Thats the only bug to watch out for.

I didn't try just taking out the RO patch and leaving the rest in. I'll give it a shot and see if I get the same issue with the Home Menu not recognizing CIAs. Let me know if you need any help testing patches. I keep plenty of backups, and it's pretty simple to edit the patches or add/remove them entirely.

EDIT: I removed the RO verification patch and put the region-free patches back in and everything works perfectly. Thanks!

Last edited by Cap'n Josh,

SuperYoshi93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need a little "help" here. I've just update my emunand to the last fw (on a new3ds) and everything work's fine. But i would ask if it's necessary that i update too my reinand files, because i'm still on an old build. Am i missing something important on the last one (4.1) or can i go on with no worries with the old build?

SmashMan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use some help. I was gonna update my 3ds, but I decided to update reinand instead. Once I did, It put me in a boot loop. So I held L to get into reinand, but everything is gone. All my installed games are gone, and my theme went to default. I checked the firmware version, and it reverted back to 9.2 for some reason. I checked the the amount of space left on my micro sd, and it's the same as before, so I think nothing is deleted. How do I get back my installed games?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use some help. I was gonna update my 3ds, but I decided to update reinand instead. Once I did, It put me in a boot loop. So I held L to get into reinand, but everything is gone. All my installed games are gone, and my theme went to default. I checked the firmware version, and it reverted back to 9.2 for some reason. I checked the the amount of space left on my micro sd, and it's the same as before, so I think nothing is deleted. How do I get back my installed games?
That's most likely your sysNAND.
If you're using menuhax, do not update it!

Try reverting back to the version you were using before.

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the more recent releases, doesn't holding L boot you into firmlaunched sysNAND?

EDIT: It does not. Nevermind.

Last edited by Cap'n Josh,

SmashMan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it. I just installed reinand again (must've missed a file somewhere). And I updated my emunand with no issues.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I assume nothing has changed regarding this in the past week? I'm in the same situation with a new 3DS running ReiNAND 3.x on Rei 10.7.0-32E with the old-school ThemeHax method.
I don't really want to go to A9LH as I have modified TWL and AGB titles on my SysNAND and I have no idea how I would reset them :/

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I assume nothing has changed regarding this in the past week? I'm in the same situation with a new 3DS running ReiNAND 3.x on Rei 10.7.0-32E with the old-school ThemeHax method.
I don't really want to go to A9LH as I have modified TWL and AGB titles on my SysNAND and I have no idea how I would reset them :/
no ones forcing a9lh. current release will work on non-a9lh systems :P

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no ones forcing a9lh. current release will work on non-a9lh systems :P

Okay thanks Rei, I'll update ASAP then! :D I know many went to Luma3DS but your ReiNAND just works so great and flawless for me even with GBA and DS games that I'll stick to it! But say if I can ask you, purely out of the chance that I would go for A9LH in the future, would you know a way how I can reset my TWL and AGB modules on my SysNAND without too much hassle? :o

EDIT: Thanks again Rei, my new 3DS now runs ReiNAND 4.1 Rei 11.0.0-33E, great work as always :)

Last edited by SkyDX,
Reactions: Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks Rei, I'll update ASAP then! :D I know many went to Luma3DS but your ReiNAND just works so great and flawless for me even with GBA and DS games that I'll stick to it! But say if I can ask you, purely out of the chance that I would go for A9LH in the future, would you know a way how I can reset my TWL and AGB modules on my SysNAND without too much hassle? :o

EDIT: Thanks again Rei, my new 3DS now runs ReiNAND 4.1 Rei 11.0.0-33E, great work as always :)
Not sure what you mean by 'reset' them :x

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what you mean by 'reset' them :x

Oh I meant how could I install stock, unmodified AGB and TWL modules again on my SysNAND? I suspect I would need to grab the original 9.2E TWL and AGB modules from somewhere. The OTP guide explicitly mentioned that you shouldn't try to downgrade to 2.1 when TWL and AGB are modified :/

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just have to grab the original title IDs for your system's firmware version from somewhere, such as that ISO site, and install those back to the sysNAND with FBI or whatever.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rei- with all the excitement surrounding shadownand and other cfw jumping on the bandwagon have you given any thought to trying out your own version of it?
Do you have an opinion on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all