Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
scared of making choices? it wouldn't hurt to try other things besides what we already have
How did you infer that I was intimidated in the slightest? I used ReiNand before Luma was even conceived, so it's not like it's something big and scary to me. They both essentially do the same thing, so why waste the space?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you infer that I was intimidated in the slightest? I used ReiNand before Luma was even conceived, so it's not like it's something big and scary to me. They both essentially do the same thing, so why waste the space?
if not intimidated by having other choices then I don't see what the problem would be in having another option and space shouldn't be an issue.. having other options is always a good thing unless you're happy being like minded with a bunch of people

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
if not intimidated by having other choices then I don't see what the problem would be in having another option and space shouldn't be an issue.. having other options is always a good thing unless you're happy being like minded with a bunch of people
The problem is that it's redundant. That's what I initially said. There's absolutely no point to having both ReiNand and Luma. It has nothing to do with closed mindedness or anything like that. And yes, space is an issue because I don't like wasting it on redundancies. I see no benefit to having both to flip-flop between. That's like having multiple Linux distributions installed just because you get bored with how one looks after a couple weeks. Pick one and stick with what meets your needs.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that it's redundant. That's what I initially said. There's absolutely no point to having both ReiNand and Luma. It has nothing to do with closed mindedness or anything like that. And yes, space is an issue because I don't like wasting it on redundancies. I see no benefit to having both to flip-flop between. That's like having multiple Linux distributions installed just because you get bored with how one looks after a couple weeks. Pick one and stick with what meets your needs.

That's like saying its good for a person to only be able to play video games on Xbox. People like choices. You don't think Reinand is for you. Don't use it.

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use Luma?

I've never needed anything more.
It never freezes.
I don't use other payloads (hourglass9, etc).
It runs everything I ask it (I still use a9lh/emunand).
I like Reisyukakus' coding as well.

This statement isn't a "vs any other cfw" war. It's just a statement as to why I haven't moved on from reinand after all these years.

Reinand suits my needs and I'm grateful to Reisyukaku for it. Other custom firmware mods suit others needs and all the devs deserve a huge thank you for their effort and discoveries.

On a side note....has anyone bought a dual ips model lately? does anyone have an unmodded dual ips for sale?

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's like saying its good for a person to only be able to play video games on Xbox. People like choices. You don't think Reinand is for you. Don't use it.
That's an incredibly dumb analogy seeing as consoles tend vary greatly, and I was never arguing which one was better. Learn to read. If ReiNand shot off fireworks and Luma made tapioca, then I'd see the point to having both at the same time. As far as I'm aware, though, they don't and are essentially the same thing.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Wolfvak

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
That's an incredibly dumb analogy seeing as consoles tend vary greatly, and I was never arguing which one was better. Learn to read. If ReiNand shot off fireworks and Luma made tapioca, then I'd see the point to having both at the same time. As far as I'm aware, though, they don't and are essentially the same thing.

Lol, my apologies sir. Trying to pay attention in class and skimmed. Yes there is little reason to dual boot luma and Reinand. That I agree. However Luma and Reinand have two totally different goals. Reinand is simplistic and has no unneeded patches. While Luma forces patches down the users throat, with no option to remove them. I dual boot Luma and Rei. I use Luma for saltysd support for playing stuff like neos. While Reinand is my main, because it has what I need in regards to patching. Nothing more.

Reactions: Joom

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Lol, my apologies sir. Trying to pay attention in class and skimmed. Yes there is little reason to dual boot luma and Reinand. That I agree. However Luma and Reinand have two totally different goals. Reinand is simplistic and has no unneeded patches. While Luma forces patches down the users throat, with no option to remove them. I dual boot Luma and Rei. I use Luma for saltysd support for playing stuff like neos. While Reinand is my main, because it has what I need in regards to patching. Nothing more.
You say "forcing patches down the user's throat," but I honestly don't see the downside of the additional features - they're not intrusive and you won't even notice them. Genuinely curious about why they're an issue for you.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I use either NTR romfs redir/code patching or edit patches themselves, but fair enough :P
Both work well lol. I just like smash selector a lot.

You say "forcing patches down the user's throat," but I honestly don't see the downside of the additional features - they're not intrusive and you won't even notice them. Genuinely curious about why they're an issue for you.
I just like the option to not have some patches. Its why I really like corbenik. But Reinand has just the patches I use. Nothing more. To a normal user, I see why you would say you don't notice. I just say giving options is the best way to go. Over just forcing them on users. Who may or may not want them.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,
Reactions: Ryccardo

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You shouldn't have used Linux as an example to be honest. :P
Linux is an example of many choices that might be redudant for some. You got a bunch of similar DE, a lot of forks of many different stuff, etc. It is funny that you say that Luma is redudant if ReiNAND works well while talking about Linux.

But hmm, sorry for hijacking your thread again, Rei. I am glad that ReiNAND will be back, as I like the concept behind it and how you try to make the code clean, even though I can't use it due to the fact that I am a o3DS peasant. :P

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't have used Linux as an example to be honest. :P
Linux is an example of many choices that might be redudant for some. You got a bunch of similar DE, a lot of forks of many different stuff, etc. It is funny that you say that Luma is redudant if ReiNAND works well while talking about Linux.

But hmm, sorry for hijacking your thread again, Rei. I am glad that ReiNAND will be back, as I like the concept behind it and how you try to make the code clean, even though I can't use it due to the fact that I am a o3DS peasant. :P
Do people here have problems with reading comprehension or something? There are entirely too many "pick and choose" readers. My analogy about Linux is about how it's redundant to have multiple distributions installed for the sake of aesthetics. You're right; Linux is all about the ability to make many choices. You validated my point by saying that since it's redundant to install multiple distributions just for different appearances (which is what my example was).

Reactions: Lumince

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag