Sonic Origins "Plus" rated in Korea

sonic-origins-plus.jpg

It looks like an enhanced release of Sonic Origins is on the horizon as The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated an upcoming title "Sonic Origins Plus", as spotted by Gematsu.

Sonic-Origins-Plus-Rated_02-10-23_Rating.jpg

This news suggests that a retail release of the game, which was only previously released on digital storefronts, is on the way if SEGA follow the same approach as their previous title Sonic Mania Plus - which added new playable characters and an "encore" mode as well as some extra QoL features.

Sonic Origins released in June of last year to mixed reviews mostly due to a lack of polish, poorly implemented music and a somewhat unfinished port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

We're speculating here, but perhaps a Plus release of Origins could see the addition of new playable characters such as Amy Rose who was prominently featured in Origins marketing but was suspiciously absent from the games. Maybe we could also see Mighty and Ray ported into the Origins collection. We'd also like to see a proper save selection screen for the trilogy of games, improved music quality, customisable controls/skills and perhaps some additional unlockable emulated games from the 8 and 16 bit era as well as further refinements and fixes to Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

What would you like to see added in a Plus release of Sonic Origins?

:arrow: Source

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It probably will be some sort pf physical release like Mania Plus, with all the DLC included, a little polish, and probably an extra thing or two (some other Sonic Genesis games in Classic mode only (only emulated) wouldn't be surprising).

They might add new characters since it was advertised in the Digital Deluxe marketing, but we'll see.

Last edited by James_,

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It probably will be some sort pf physical release like Mania Plus, with all the DLC included, a little polish, and probably an extra thing or two (some other Sonic Genesis games in Classic mode only (only emulated) wouldn't be surprising).

They might add new characters since it was advertised in the Digital Deluxe marketing, but we'll see.
...I do wonder if this'll mean there will be a Plus upgrade DLC for the current digital versions of the game, like with what Mania did too...

Last edited by James_,

Henrold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It looks like an enhanced release of Sonic Origins is on the horizon as The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated an upcoming title "Sonic Origins Plus", as spotted by Gematsu.

This news suggests that a retail release of the game, which was only previously released on digital storefronts, is on the way if SEGA follow the same approach as their previous title Sonic Mania Plus - which added new playable characters and an "encore" mode as well as some extra QoL features.

Sonic Origins released in June of last year to mixed reviews mostly due to a lack of polish, poorly implemented music and a somewhat unfinished port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

We're speculating here, but perhaps a Plus release of Origins could see the addition of new playable characters such as Amy Rose who was prominently featured in Origins marketing but was suspiciously absent from the games. Maybe we could also see Mighty and Ray ported into the Origins collection. We'd also like to see a proper save selection screen for the trilogy of games, improved music quality, customisable controls/skills and perhaps some additional unlockable emulated games from the 8 and 16 bit era as well as further refinements and fixes to Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

What would you like to see added in a Plus release of Sonic Origins?

:arrow: Source
For a plus release, personally I'd like to see them include the Master System and Game Gear games. Emulated of course, that would be like 5 more games to port over to the Retro Engine. I still think it'd be a good addition, maybe they could include the Master System version of Sonic 2, which hasn't been rereleased since the Wii Virtual Console.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. At least they are improving Sonic Origins.
Because they stupidly fucked it up.

Post automatically merged:

For a plus release, personally I'd like to see them include the Master System and Game Gear games. Emulated of course, that would be like 5 more games to port over to the Retro Engine. I still think it'd be a good addition, maybe they could include the Master System version of Sonic 2, which hasn't been rereleased since the Wii Virtual Console.
There are 16:9 remakes of Sonic SMS on the web. I played the PS4 version and I loved it, so much so I couldn't go back to the original 4:3 release.

Henrold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they stupidly fucked it up.

There are 16:9 remakes of Sonic SMS on the web. I played the PS4 version and I loved it, so much so I couldn't go back to the original 4:3 release.

I've seen those, I think I've played the Sonic 1 version on PC. I just meant that Sega probably wouldn't port all of the 8-bit Sonics to the Retro Engine just for a "plus version", even though it is evidently possible.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
every year sega has to re-release the mega drive sonic games. It kinda their religion. I love their excuse to do so every time: "now it's for the sega ages collection", "now it's because of sonic 3", "now it's because wide screen".

Giving my honest opinion, those games were not that good back on the day to begin with. I wish they were that obsessed for awesome Mega Drive games like Phantasy Star 4 or Shinobi 3.

OM3GAZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
every year sega has to re-release the mega drive sonic games. It kinda their religion. I love their excuse to do so every time: "now it's for the sega ages collection", "now it's because of sonic 3", "now it's because wide screen".

Giving my honest opinion, those games were not that good back on the day to begin with. I wish they were that obsessed for awesome Mega Drive games like Phantasy Star 4 or Shinobi 3.
I mean, they are awesome games. S3&K has aged better than S2 and S1. They're not bad, they're great. At least that's my opinion.
The Phantasy Star series and the Shinobi series are great too. Sega just doesn't know how to make things right nowadays.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bout a HD remake of the classic games? Nah, thats too much for SEGA, I would be pissed if they added Amy Rose now instead of her being added in the Sonic CD 2011 Taxman port.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give Us Sonic Adventure 1&2 in this collection and I will forgive you butchering Sonic 3& Knuckles lmao
Unless Sega dont have the Original coding for Both games
outside of that? SA1&2 are all I want in this collection...
but Sonic Advanced 1-3 and/or the Rush Games would be fine

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure 1&2
Well, it'd be better if they ported the original DC version to PC and modern consoles than the GCN version which was used for the HD Remaster

did the restore the original ice cap music? fuck off if they didn't i'll stick to roms
Same.

I'll just play the Taxman remakes (1, 2, CD) on Android and 3 A.I.R. version on Android or PC.

We don't need Sega.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,
Reactions: XXLANCEXX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii