Sonic Mania Plus lands on mobile in 2024 via Netflix (but you could get it sooner)

Superstars? More like super disappointing

The excellent Sonic Mania and its Plus expansion is coming to mobile officially, courtesy of Netflix in 2024.

Included in the base Netflix subscription, Netflix Games offers subscribers a catalogue of hand picked mobile games at no extra charge. Their library of games consists of over 85 titles including most recently the less than stellar Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.

Sonic Mania Plus will join the service sometime in 2024 which will be the first time the title has seen an official mobile release.

However, if you can't wait that long, there is another way to get Sonic Mania Plus on your Android device today. Thanks to the excellent work of the team behind the Sonic Mania decompilation project, it is possible to build your own Sonic Mania Plus APK for Android devices right now. Providing you own a legitimate copy of the game and can provide the necessary required files; by following a basic set of instructions you can build your own Android compatible version of the game with full touch screen input and support for various screen widths and resolutions.

We reviewed Sonic Mania back in 2018 and gave it a 9/10 - you can read the full review here.

:arrow: Purchase Sonic Mania Plus
:arrow: Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sonic mania has
Green Hill zone
Chemical Plant Zone
Flying Battery Zone
Stardust Speedway Zone
Hydrocity Zone
And Lava Reef Zone.

Those are all zones from sonic games ON THE GENESIS. :P
you do realize mania was made by a fan modder right? the whole game is basically one big mod

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Mania AGAIN? Can I say I'm sick of Sonic Mania and anything related to it?
Sega fired Christian whitehead for speaking out against the rushed development of origins so they're milking this for all they got because nothing they will release afterwards will compare the once fan passion project of Whitehead

Hyper_Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
got free trial of luma free copy on switch running on macs running on ps3 running on android and the wii u these are all the ways of me playing sonic mania compared to using netflix :)
Post automatically merged:

got free trial of luma free copy on switch running on macs running on ps3 running on android and the wii u these are all the ways of me playing sonic mania compared to using netflix :)

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use Netflix games on my Odin. I have been streaming Mania from my Playstation, so this is nothing too important to me. But GTA, that's a trip down memory lane.
And they will have Hades next year...

TheUglyBarnacle335

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly rather use the Decomp for android since it wouldn't require a netflix account, it's only really good for those who have an apple device however.

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly rather use the Decomp for android since it wouldn't require a netflix account, it's only really good for those who have an apple device however.
Thanks, I am good with streaming from my PS4. And I have completed it there with Tails, Sonic, Knuckles already, All Chaos Emeralds. Currently playing with the Mania Plus Characters, so I kinda have invested some time in that save state already.
Otherwise I would be happy to use the Decomp. I find it amazing what the fan/hack/etc. community is making.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks, I am good with streaming from my PS4. And I have completed it there with Tails, Sonic, Knuckles already, All Chaos Emeralds. Currently playing with the Mania Plus Characters, so I kinda have invested some time in that save state already.
Otherwise I would be happy to use the Decomp. I find it amazing what the fan/hack/etc. community is making.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no! Finally Mario is being threaten. If Nintendo do nothing Mario is going to loose in the popularity contest with Sonic. Unlimited rings for Sonic and 99 lifes for Mario. It is not a fair fight

How many people goes to cinema when they were told it’s coming to Netflix soon? Hurry up and see it in the cinema before Netflix?

Disney movies being bad is one thing the other is it is coming to D+ soon. Who is going to watch a bad movie in cinema before it goes D+ ? Make me wonder why they bother to put it in cinema. Bob already said just you wait to see over time how many is going to watch the bad movie before he call it a flop. No pressure just be inclusive and you will be fine, even if it cannot be screen in Florida you will be fine.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no! Finally Mario is being threaten. If Nintendo do nothing Mario is going to loose in the popularity contest with Sonic. Unlimited rings for Sonic and 99 lifes for Mario. It is not a fair fight

How many people goes to cinema when they were told it’s coming to Netflix soon? Hurry up and see it in the cinema before Netflix?

Disney movies being bad is one thing the other is it is coming to D+ soon. Who is going to watch a bad movie in cinema before it goes D+ ? Make me wonder why they bother to put it in cinema. Bob already said just you wait to see over time how many is going to watch the bad movie before he call it a flop. No pressure just be inclusive and you will be fine, even if it cannot be screen in Florida you will be fine.
Sonic Mania Plus isn't a movie, what are you even talking about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto