ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm im hearing great things and seems like everyone enjoyed it. i just heard about it and it seemed like an obscure jrpg worth trying but maybe ive found a diamond in the rough?

and yes it should be edited to say 100% playable.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice Thanks
biggrin.gif
Is it me or does Cadenza look like kyrie from Sands of destruction
unsure.gif

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After applying the patch, I seem to have gotten a weird glitch on the AKAIO UI. It would display a DS Console icon instead of the DS game icon of the dog and it was titled "program file". I managed to fix it by opening the patched ROM with dsbuff and editing the header and saving it.

Just in case anybody's had the same issue.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
After applying the patch, I seem to have gotten a weird glitch on the AKAIO UI. It would display a DS Console icon instead of the DS game icon of the dog and it was titled "program file". I managed to fix it by opening the patched ROM with dsbuff and editing the header and saving it.

Just in case anybody's had the same issue.
I've had this problem too, but I used this fix instead: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=167961
Apparently it's a common problem for AKAIO users.
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Mar 26 2010, 05:14 PM) nice Thanks
biggrin.gif
Is it me or does Cadenza look like kyrie from Sands of destruction
unsure.gif
They are one and the same!
ohmy.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Eventhough the game is 100% playable, it will never actually hit the 100% if this (from the first page) isn't translated, because all that is left are database/synopsis entries.

I never bothered reading those entries so for me 97.93% = 100%
tongue.gif

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
flywithme said:
Will there be anyone updates to this game?
Is the February patch final?

Yep, that is the last patch, I recommend downloading it because you can complete the game without seeing any japanese at all (I already finished the game several time with different characters), I only wish I had friends with DSs so I could do multiplayer with them.

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pitman said:
flywithme said:
Will there be anyone updates to this game?
Is the February patch final?

Yep, that is the last patch, I recommend downloading it because you can complete the game without seeing any japanese at all (I already finished the game several time with different characters), I only wish I had friends with DSs so I could do multiplayer with them.

If only you had friends... joking
wink.gif

So, it has really completely been translated? Cause I liked it the first time I played it! Any class reccomendings tho? And I do NOT want to hear: It's really what you like best, it's kinda personal, blah blah. Which did you like most?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, ignoring the small bits of japanese in there that you probably wont even realized it's there.

The stories are fully translated. As for me, i just choose the maid, there's something about a maid and a big ...*censored*... that just catches your attention.
smile.gif

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
dries said:
So, it has really completely been translated? Cause I liked it the first time I played it! Any class reccomendings tho? And I do NOT want to hear: It's really what you like best, it's kinda personal, blah blah. Which did you like most?

I enjoyed playing the class that does combos (is it kampf[sp?] ?) make you more involved in combat and changing skill sets depending on the situation (thanks to the awesome skill tree system where you can change it on the fly and experiment like crazy).

When I played a regular fighter I was just pressing one skill button and smashing every enemy with my giant hammer (which is awesome), but got boring after a while (though I still finished a playthrough).

Playing a ranged character (not magic user) was hard because the AI allies are not always dependable in keeping enemies at bay (changing constantly the AI's skill set can help a little in plenty of situations).

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I downloaded the rom and the patch, dragged the rom onto the DRAG ROM HERE file, waited a few minutes for the command prompt that came up to finish patching the ROM, renamed it to simply "Soma Bringer" ... and it was still in Japanese? I let the patching program run until it said it was completed, and I got the rom from the same site I've gotten all of my roms from and have never had an issue. Any ideas?

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vanillakokakola said:
So, I downloaded the rom and the patch, dragged the rom onto the DRAG ROM HERE file, waited a few minutes for the command prompt that came up to finish patching the ROM, renamed it to simply "Soma Bringer" ... and it was still in Japanese? I let the patching program run until it said it was completed, and I got the rom from the same site I've gotten all of my roms from and have never had an issue. Any ideas?
I'm pretty sure the patcher makes a copy of your rom and patches that, leaving you with both a patched and a clean rom. Are you sure you ran the right one? Also, right at the start, when the game's creating a new save file, there is one message in japanese, asking you to press A. Is that what you saw? If so, you're a silly!

whalis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just wait til it gets to 100%. Then it'll be just great. Its is really great that you translated it this much though. Hope you finish translating the leftovers!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whalis said:
I'll just wait til it gets to 100%. Then it'll be just great. Its is really great that you translated it this much though. Hope you finish translating the leftovers!
Then you're missing out and will be waiting quite awhile. The game is fully playable. The only text not translated is bonus background info on characters and places.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom