Hacking So DLC is Nintendo's answer to exploits

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may surprise you but you do not represent the majority of Wii U owners, you are in fact a tiny minority. Quit using a 12 year old pirates logic and view of the world.

Not that tiny. If modders were really that small of a minority, then Nintendo wouldn't even try to stop them. Blocking people from online can only decrease revenue. It can't make it bigger. What's the point?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not that tiny. If modders were really that small of a minority, then Nintendo wouldn't even try to stop them. Blocking people from online can only decrease revenue. It can't make it bigger. What's the point?

I'll take it that you're waiting for the modding for the sole purpose of homebrew that may arrive on it? And not some little 12yo snot nosed pirate that's just waiting for a warez loader, right .....right?? Well IF that is the case, then kudos to you, but you're in the tiny minority of people that are waiting for this exploit for that reason - the majority want their 'Wii-U-flow' and thus won't be going to pay for Smash 4 in the first place! ....However small the number of 12yo snot nosed pirates may or may not be, why should they be allowed the same privileges as those who have given Nin revenue?
Pirate or not, you're still in the same league as they are by going against their ToS, and thus don't deserve to be allowed online. Plus like I said, you're in the tiny minority if you're not a pirate, they're not exactly gonna go under because of about 10 or 15 so-called homebrew only modders...;)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take it that you're waiting for the modding for the sole purpose of homebrew that may arrive on it? And not some little 12yo snot nosed pirate that's just waiting for a warez loader, right .....right?? Well IF that is the case, then kudos to you, but you're in the tiny minority of people that are waiting for this exploit for that reason - the majority want their 'Wii-U-flow' and thus won't be going to pay for Smash 4 in the first place! ....However small the number of 12yo snot nosed pirates may or may not be, why should they be allowed the same privileges as those who have given Nin revenue?
Pirate or not, you're still in the same league as they are by going against their ToS, and thus don't deserve to be allowed online. Plus like I said, you're in the tiny minority if you're not a pirate, they're not exactly gonna go under because of about 10 or 15 so-called homebrew only modders...;)

It is very possible to want homebrew for many reasons. It is possible to want it for legitimate backups, for game modding, and other such things. There are important uses like being able to backup and transfer save files. It is also possible to pirate some games and pay for others. Piracy is not an all or nothing thing. There are people who spend their entire video game budget on 1st party titles, so they want to pirate some 3rd party titles. Games like Mario Kart, Smash, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, I buy these games even when piracy is available. Those games are worth paying for. But there are a ton more games that realistically I'd only play once, maybe twice, that wouldn't be worth paying for. Games like MadWorld and Tiger Woods Golf. If you play the whole game, play it often, then it's worth paying for. If you just play it once to see how it is, then it isn't worth paying for. Plus there are shovelware games like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and Are You Smarter then a Fifth Grader. I'm not going to pay for those for sure, even if I like to play them every once in awhile. I need to save my gaming money to buy the really good stuff. Most of my Wii games were bought after piracy came out. Piracy is not lost sales, piracy is bonus games so that your average cost per game goes down to an acceptable level.

Plus, there is no piracy yet. No need to block the exploit now, piracy is a long time away.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But they'd easily lose the "revenue" of would-be pirates by implementing such a system. A large majority of Wii U owners just update when prompted to.

Even then, if there was an exploit to pirate games on the Wii that was only achievable on an older firmware, what revenue would they lose? You'd just pirate any games you could buy from them anywhere.

Start being an adult and buying goddamn games, I think this whole "holding out for an exploit" thing is a bit ridiculous. Like yeah, I pirate stuff on occasion but I won't gimp my consoles just in hopes of eventual piracy. I'm an adult with a job. If there's a game I want I'll fucking buy it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Last time Team Tweezers checked, they clocked 3.1 million unique Homebrew Channel installations - at the time that was whole 3.4% of the total userbase worldwide, and the Wii was hacked to shit to the point where "hacking it" meant "putting an SD card in", there's even less hard modders out there. Nobody cares about the 5% tops, sorry to burst your bubble.

You don't create revenue either, that is, unless you buy systems that are sold at a profit - most aren't. Just by buying the console and never buying any games you're putting the company in harm's way since they lose money every system sold. Of course there are some pirates who do buy games, but those are few and far between - the status quo is buying the system and accessories and never buying anything again.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Technically speaking, Jews shouldn't eat pork or shellfish, they're "unclean" and as such not kosher.
Of course not all Jews abide by Torah's directions, not all black people love fried chicken and not all italians love pasta, but you get my point.
Wait a second YOU DONT EAT BACON???? Who are you? :wacko:

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
I eat bacon. I'm not an orthodox jew, I'm a catholic. :)
oh, I got scared there for a second I thought the world was falling apart, I am referring to the Laws of nature:
  1. Gravity
  2. You cant dislike vanilla sauce
  3. You cant go a life without eating a lot of bacon
  4. Foxi must troll atlest 1 time every 5th post.
that's just a few of them ;)

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
oh, I got scared there for a second I thought the world was falling apart, I am referring to the Laws of nature:
  1. Gravity
  2. You cant dislike vanilla sauce
  3. You cant go a life without eating a lot of bacon
  4. Foxi must troll atlest 1 time every 5th post.
that's just a few of them ;)
Me? Trolling? Why I'd never... what gave you the idea? :ph34r:

Reactions: filfat

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to be shocked at mag staff/reporters then I will be the one.

I am about as determined a carnivore as you are likely to meet -- it is now 1am and I am picking reindeer out of my teeth despite living in a place where there are not exactly many reindeer. With that I have to say I can not stand bacon (flavour, salt, texture... not sure, suffice it to say I do not like bacon bits, bacon flavour or frazzles), it not quite at the level of tomatoes (they actually make me wretch and there is precious little else that does that, and if they fail to come up that way they race to the other end).

As for liking vanilla sauce... it liking means abiding then sure, I can't say I would really ever seek vanilla out and in many cases would consider the no sauce option as just as good.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
Quotes section has been closed for now due to space constraints. :P
I have still said challenge accepted... its not over yet Foxi... I will be back. aaaaaaaaa *Flying into the sky to make a star just like in Pokémon...*
(well that looked better in my head then it looked written down....)

Reactions: Foxi4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay