Homebrew Snes9xGX Cover+ & co

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
oh lala, ay mama, Im totally excited. I had to edit a bit the info.xml to match the names of my roms, I also tweaked some years, and deleted the rest so loading doesn't take so much time.
About VBA-GX cover mod any reason you didn't use the latest version? Also, I have the roms divided in 3 folders (GB,GBC,GBA), maybe you could add folders icons, and "go up", so is easy to navigate? and what resolution do we use for covers?

You rock, thanks!

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dogway said:
oh lala, ay mama, Im totally excited. I had to edit a bit the info.xml to match the names of my roms, I also tweaked some years, and deleted the rest so loading doesn't take so much time.
About VBA-GX cover mod any reason you didn't use the latest version? Also, I have the roms divided in 3 folders (GB,GBC,GBA), maybe you could add folders icons, and "go up", so is easy to navigate? and what resolution do we use for covers?

You rock, thanks!

That's cool amigo ! Yes, that's faster if you remove the entries for games you don't actually have. I provided the most exhaustive xml files in order to easily edit them, the drawback is the slower display in emulator.

And shit ! There may be a curse around VBA-GX, I've done the fix too quickly and I realize now that my last source code is lost. So it's based upon 2.2.2 cover, the first test because of problem compiling with latest DevkitPPC (changes in file operations) and my old linux. The previous version was 2.2.5 (without stantard files operation, but who cares?).
Fortunately, there aren't a lot of important improvements in emulation between the two revisions.
End of story. I'll try to repair my stupidi... absent-mindedness and release my last (at last) version.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
very cool, I like VBA GX cover Mod.
yaywii.gif

But the latest is in 2.22.

I want the latest version.

And with 2.25 i have freeze.

IF IM PLAY GAME a game return to emulator, im display cover and games freeze at launch.....

I dont said why.
mellow.gif

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I missed reading the file: "Covers must be 224*224 png images". NICE.

Since VBA gx plays 3 types of hardware, I put my roms in 3 different folders, that is nice when vba loads, it can go directly to the GBA folder. But now for example, I want to go to the GBC folder, It becomes a real pain, I should change to text mode and navigate, or probably change the auto loading folder and reinitiliaze. My suggestion is obvious, to show also folder icons, I just hope implementation is not hard:

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks wiimpathy for the hard work!
Dogway said:
Since VBA gx plays 3 types of hardware, I put my roms in 3 different folders, that is nice when vba loads, it can go directly to the GBA folder. But now for example, I want to go to the GBC folder, It becomes a real pain, I should change to text mode and navigate, or probably change the auto loading folder and reinitiliaze. My suggestion is obvious, to show also folder icons, I just hope implementation is not hard:
Yeah... that's a problem. I have my nes and famicom disk system roms in separate folders, also my snes roms and satellaview. I recomend doing something simple like genplusgx.
LoadMenu.png

Fceultragx.jpg

xGRUMPYx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible adding a cover mod for the wii64?? if so can you guys do it?? i mean if were talking about donations here i wouldnt mind donating for the cover mod to happen
smile.gif

btw.. seriously whatever happen to the desmume?? is it dead or still alive??? its been a while since we had an update.

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FCE Ultra GX 3.2.6 Cover v2

Snes9xGX 4.2.8 Cover v5

VBA-GX 2.2.5 Cover v3

- Added ability to browse your roms in cover view.
- Added ability to customize games folders with images in cover view.

VBA-GX README :

By default, there are 3 folders in /vbagx/roms/. You can put your roms in these folders in order to sort them by console.The names of the folders can be replaced by whatever name you want as long as they finish by ".roms".
Add as many folders as you want with .roms extension, for example A.roms, B.roms and so on to sort them alphabetically.

Moreover, you can replace the images of the folders with your own 224*224 png images (same name as the folder: A.png for instance) in your covers directory.
If you don't need these directories, delete them and put your games in /vbagx/roms folder.

It's slightly different for the other emu, but you get the idea. You're free to change the images if you don't like them.
If it works for you maybe you'll forget about redesigning the entire cover view. However, you can also go to settings and disable cover view if you want something simpler.
wink.gif

Regarding donations, I can't say that I don't need money but fortunately it's not the first motivation at all (learning, sharing, having fun and modifying apps for my taste come first).
Nevertheless, it can take lot of time and efforts for nothing "concrete" in return and sometimes it's hard to please myself and the others. Well, at least kind words and patience is a sort of reward.
So, in short I'm not the one who will do a Wii64 cover on demand and for 10$.
smile.gif

If I don't totally fucked the emus it would the last versions for now. I'll be on holiday before end of week and won't be there for about two weeks (so no coding!).
Have fun !

Germini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
thanks wiimpathy for the hard work!
Dogway said:
Yeah... that's a problem. I have my nes and famicom disk system roms in separate folders, also my snes roms and satellaview. I recomend doing something simple like genplusgx.
LoadMenu.png

Fceultragx.jpg

I agree with you. I would be really nice as well as faster to load.

You should think about it Wiimpathy.

Anyway Thank you for you effort
smile.gif

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I really like how it is now, I identify the games by the covers which is way faster (navigating too) and reliable than reading titles. NahuelDS suggestion looks good, but I see it more like a nice add-on to text mode rather than being "cover mode".

The only downside I found are freezes when going one level above the *.roms folders. Also in the different gameboy folders, when a game doesn't find a cover a default game boy advance cover is replaced, even when Im not in the game boy advance.roms folder.

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:
Does VBA-Gx allow for cheat codes now?
No, we'll have to wait for a Tantric update (not sure about cheats support). I read it's possible to use gameshark cheats if you transfer the vba-gx wii saves on your PC and generate another save with cheats in vba emu.

Germini said:
I agree with you. I would be really nice as well as faster to load.

You should think about it Wiimpathy.

Anyway Thank you for you effort
smile.gif

Did you actually try the last versions ?

snes9xgxcover.png

It's not perfect but you can browse your folders by machine in this example. You can also change the images, add your own folders with your images.
Well, maybe you don't like it, that's a matter of taste. I won't change anything cause I like it this way and think the images would be too small in list mode.

QUOTE(Dogway @ Aug 17 2011, 09:53 AM)
I really like how it is now, I identify the games by the covers which is way faster (navigating too) and reliable than reading titles. NahuelDS suggestion looks good, but I see it more like a nice add-on to text mode rather than being "cover mode".

The only downside I found are freezes when going one level above the *.roms folders. Also in the different gameboy folders, when a game doesn't find a cover a default game boy advance cover is replaced, even when Im not in the game boy advance.roms folder.
Yes, I know about the problems you mention. With the little trick used to display folders with images, I wanted to let the freedom to organize and rename folders. Therefore, you can't go back if you're on top of .roms folders and it freezes when you're at the root cause there's no check implemented (sorry). Don't think it's a big problem since why would you go outside of games folders.
The default nocover is the same for all type of consoles. It would imply checking extensions in zip etc... to change cover. The solution is to find all covers.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz