Homebrew Snes9xGX Cover+ & co

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having the same problem with all 3 emulators. whenever i go up a level i can NEVER go back down into the roms folder.. and when i reset the emulator its still stuck at the directory above the roms folder.. i had to delete the emulators. ive used the folder.roms thing and i just cant get it to work right... can someone please help me out? and is there a way to just turn off the "up one level" icon? i only need it in vba-gx anyway. also when using FCE Ultra there is a line of covers on the right side of the screen, is that just a glitch? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I have to agree, usability would be enhanced if there was "down one level" option.

If you don't want the "up one level", Remove the "." png from your "covers" folder.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
by the way guys, Im working my ass off on making the covers for vbagx. Currently Im almost done on the gameboy part, maybe someone can help me find color and advance covers?, processing (color correction + resizing) is not too laborious as long as the source is not too bad.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I use that web and 4 more with great databases plus google images. I had someone who sent me a GBC link, so I guess everything is going pretty smooth now. thanks for the input

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DEFIANT said:
Ya, I have to agree, usability would be enhanced if there was "down one level" option.

If you don't want the "up one level", Remove the "." png from your "covers" folder.

that didnt work.. can u be more specific? id really like to remove the UP folder icon in my rom list in Snes9xgx and FCEU.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there gonna be any more updates to this? or are they done
frown.gif
id just like a way to enable/disable the UP FOLDER icons in the roms list in the emulators...

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, "they" 're done with it. Want do you want more than that ? I'm not sure a lot of people use extra feature like game info for example.
Anyway, if you don't want "that" up folder, you have some solutions you might have found with common sense :
1. Make a transparent 316*224 png image.
2. Don't click on it.
3 Is this so annoying ?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i said are they done, i meant are THEY done. as in the emulator cover mods. NOT they're. but i appreciate you ATTEMPTING to correct me. "thanks" for your "awesome" "response". "sorry" for even "asking".

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Seam, I also don't understand what is the problem. The emulator on load goes directly to the last used folder, so it doesn't bother that much.

The only things I would think to be improved, but this is very nitpicking, are disabling the first "up level" where you choose the console, because it triggers an error, or just directly fix the error. When you get out of a game, remember the position you were in the cover mod. And option to delete Save State.

By the way I'm almost done on the game boy classic covers pack, is it ok to post it (only covers) here ? It will take me almost one more month I think for the Color and Advance covers so...
What I found out is that non-japanese covers suck shit, look those megaman covers hahaha

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
seam said:
when i said are they done, i meant are THEY done. as in the emulator cover mods. NOT they're. but i appreciate you ATTEMPTING to correct me. "thanks" for your "awesome" "response". "sorry" for even "asking".
Ok, I'm in a bad mood. I didn't want to correct you at all. What get me angry is that I already said it would be the last versions, explained how to use the custom folders and the limitations. You can't remove completely the up folder (without remodifying code), but at least you can try what I wrote in the previous post.

QUOTE(Dogway @ Sep 4 2011, 11:37 AM) Seam, I also don't understand what is the problem. The emulator on load goes directly to the last used folder, so it doesn't bother that much.

The only things I would think to be improved, but this is very nitpicking, are disabling the first "up level" where you choose the console, because it triggers an error, or just directly fix the error. When you get out of a game, remember the position you were in the cover mod. And option to delete Save State.

By the way I'm almost done on the game boy classic covers pack, is it ok to post it (only covers) here ? It will take me almost one more month I think for the Color and Advance covers so...
What I found out is that non-japanese covers suck shit, look those megaman covers hahaha
To disable the up folder in console selection, a solution would be to hardcode the names of folders but then it would be impossible to rename/add and organize folders as you want. For your other suggestions it would be good improvements and feasible. However, I won't release other versions (in fact not sure to go on) only for this. Anyway, thanks for your efforts in making covers (hope you can post them but normally yes since others have done it before).

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, here's the pack. I know there are more games, but its not my intention to do all of them, neither I like filling the folders with hundred of roms. I processed the most relevant, and the ones I felt more curiosity, that's why there are no Pokemon ehe sorry.

Game Boy Classic - Games Covers.zip

I will post again when color and advance are finished, probably in a month.

@Wiimpathy: yeah I said, only nitpicking. Out of curiosity, is it possible to make also folders for gameboy, color and advance for cheats, saves, and covers?
Also now is a bit late to ask but, .png's must be 224x224 but they are scaled horizontaly in the cover mod. What is its scaling ratio? Is this to conform for the GB cover original size?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea sorry wiimpathy. i was being a dick. its not even a HUGE deal or anything. also Dogway, good work on the coverpack!! i cant wait to try it out later
biggrin.gif

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Dogway. It's not a full pack but there are all the games I'm interested in and they look good, so good job.

You can create folders with .roms extension for saves etc... but as you may know the files won't be listed cause there's no detection for such files even in list mode. I imagine you'd like to manipulate files (delete them? I'm not so fond of that idea) or maybe launch them directly. It would need some code for that ...

I'm not sure to fully understand what you mean by the scale and ratio here. In 1 row the scale is 100%, in 2 60% and in 3 it's 26%. Aren't real boxes (I haven't got mine here) all the same for gb, gbc, gba and square ?
I don't remember what I took for reference (but mainly interested in gb) so I may be wrong. Oh, and I'm not very good in geometry (that's an euphemism !).

No problem seam,
smile.gif
it can happen, not always very kind myself too.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
The .png's are square 224x224 pixels, but in the cover mod they seem to have more wide than height thus they are scaled horizontally. I'd like to know what is that scaling ratio (in respect to vertical size). Maybe it could probably be a matter of the screen extending to conform 16:9?

Id also like to know the game boy boxes size, I only have 2 boxes physically but they are japanese version. I think they (european) are not exactly square, but probably same size across gb, gbc and gba.

About the tips I commented, it's just for convenience, it can be a mess in the cover folder to have the gb, gbc and gba covers all mixed, same with saves. This is transparent while you use it on the Wii, but I mean when you insert the SD in the PC to organize files. About deleting save states it's just something I missed from the beginning, in the same panel you create the save states. Anyway I can load up wiixplorer look for the file and delete it, but all this is for convenience.

I'm already grateful for these releases so you don't need to do anymore, unless you feel motivated enough
biggrin.gif

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And just a quick bug report...
rolleyes.gif

When I press left (on the Wiimote's directional pad) the screen scrolls to the right, and when I press right, it scrolls left!
wacko.gif

Could you fix this, please?
happy.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make my own info.xml? I tried, running off the tags you have in there, and it didn't seem to work. If its possible, please explain how. I like my roms named a certain way, and the ways in the info.xml files are nowhere close to the way I like it.

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
XICO2KX said:
And just a quick bug report...
rolleyes.gif

When I press left (on the Wiimote's directional pad) the screen scrolls to the right, and when I press right, it scrolls left!
wacko.gif

Could you fix this, please?
happy.gif

It isn't a bug, it's meant to be that way. The first cover mod made by giantpune was like that, and I didn't touch it. I have to admit at first I didn't find this very logical and then get used to it. If I've changed this behaviour maybe others would prefer the original way so ...

QUOTE(MarcusRaven @ Sep 13 2011, 05:45 PM) Is it possible to make my own info.xml? I tried, running off the tags you have in there, and it didn't seem to work. If its possible, please explain how. I like my roms named a certain way, and the ways in the info.xml files are nowhere close to the way I like it.
Yes, you can modify the roms names or delete unnecessary entries in the info.xml. For example your rom is called "2020 Super Baseball.zip" the in info.xml change :

to

If you don't have thousand of games, you can do that manually else there's risk to write errors. You just have to keep this structure "" for each game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1