Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. CaptainSodaPop
    OP

CaptainSodaPop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I personally would have like to see a good mp3/flac player which can scrobble music to last.fm and a GBA emulator would be pretty cool too so I don't have to buy a flashcard for my SP.

edit by Cyan:
    Now that Ninjhax and Homebrew launcher is released, I renamed the thread from:
    "Which homebrew apps would you like to see when smealum releases his exploit?"

Please use this thread to suggest, request (even if there's very little chance that a developer accept to do it) or troll impossible to do homebrew.

That thread will probably won't be a proper and respected place to request homebrew, but it will canalize all future requesting threads in a single place.
    Please, don't create multiple threads for the same purpose. Thank you.

Before making a request or suggestion, you can find the existing homebrew and projects on our Wiki.
    :arrow: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew

Edit2:
    Here is a list of requests found in this thread, up to post#413

Format:
    Request [requested username] - accepted/released
    if more than one user requested something, it doesn't have request username.

In blue = granted/existing homebrew.

General requests
    Media players
    Games
    Emulators
    utilities
    Others

Cyan: I'm surprised nobody requested 3D animated boobs apps yet..., well we got the Fart one instead!

2. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    i would like to see a Pong port 3D, only then will i be satisfied.

Sn00py5, Amani, overlord00 and 2 others like this.
  3. CaptainSodaPop
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I also forgot, the good media player which can play AVI/MP4 files would be a relief.The default video player in 3DS Camera sucks ass since it can reproduce only 10 mins of footage.That's annoying.

4. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Emus, region-free loading and play coins hack (because I'm the only 1 in a 40km radius to own a 3ds and this is the only way to complete the puzzles and quests)

Amani, dimmidice, FPSRussi4 and 2 others like this.
  5. enarky

enarky owls?

Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    Pretty much the most important thing the 3DS needs is a Virtual Boy emulator. The system was practically made for this. I hope someone makes this happen.

EDIT:
    About the MP3 player: who doesn't have a cellphone capable of playing MP3s??

Amani, TecXero, Canadacdn and 9 others like this.
  6. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    A proper 3D video player that doesn't need to convert the file from a 20mb file to a 800mb file to run.

Pacheko17, Seriel, DarkRioru and 2 others like this.
  7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    talk of smealums exploit takes over the whole first page of threads XD......could all just be contained in the 1 thread but hell lets make a new thread for every question/idea

filfat and Subtle Demise like this.
  8. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    there already is a play coin setter, you just need a gateway to use it

9. CaptainSodaPop
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I don't think this goes in the same box as those other threads because it is not related to asking questions about his exploit in any way.The idea of this thread was not for those who ask stupid questions about what works or not.It's for those who are excited about upcoming exploit and they can post ideas of what they would want to see functional on a exploited 3DS.But I agree that for the other threads about those questions should be made in just one and stickied so nobody comes and asks everything again over and over.

10. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    You can always try the HomePass method for the puzzles and quests. You can get StreetPass Miis at your very own home! And getting lots of Miis can help a lot. Especially in games like Bravely Default. ;)
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/macycle-the-improved-mac-changer-for-homepass.353328/

11. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    What I want to see (but I know it will never happen) is:

- a system manager. Like the Wii. To change your region and downgrade/upgrade your firmware. (So we can go back to 4.5)

- Something like bootmii

- Eshop access in other regions

- Cia installer (just like wad installer)

- SD LOADER GX just like USB Loader GX

- A much better browser app

- A simple HTML editor/ loader

- A cheat engine like ocarina and action replay

I would be already happy if I have the exploid.

Miggg, Margen67, curley12 and 5 others like this.
  12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    gbc and gba player all the way maybe some old ones too like nes, mega drive and if possible snes, but i really want the gbc atleast xD

Margen67 and NintendoGuy128 like this.
  13. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    I don't have any internet at home ATM, all I can use is 3G but my phone is incompatible with any of the homepass methods

14. CaptainSodaPop
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I do have one, but I hate it.It scrobbles music correctly for a while, but then it goes crazy and double scrobbles songs or doesn't scrobble them at all.There are like 3 scrobblers for Android and no one cares about improving them.Even the official one.

Those are great ideas, +1.Still can't 3 star all 150cc and Mirror cups in Mario Kart 7. :D

Subtle Demise likes this.
  15. kingofgamesgx

kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

May 12, 2009
    United States
    something that allows you to backup a save from an actual game to the SD and also restore from the SD would be pretty handy

Bobsican, Zyteus, dimmidice and 4 others like this.
  16. Mikecrowfone

Mikecrowfone Banned

Banned
    Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Emunand/rednand to maintain ssspwn's viability.

17. Ismaw34

Ismaw34 GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2009
    I would like to see emulators, nes, snes, vba, and some others.
    And great apps/games from the comunnity.
    If this ever gets "rom loader", well, thats quite fine for me.

-Ismaw34

Margen67 likes this.
  18. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    Sd gx Loader:)

Margen67 likes this.
  19. CaptainSodaPop
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    smealum probably wouldn't consider this, but it would be cool to have a rom loader because when you go somewhere you don't need to carry all those cartridges with you (potentially causing to lose or forget them somewhere).You could have all games on one SD card.Yeah, there are digital versions of the games I know but myself, I prefer owning a retail game because it looks nice in my collection and digital versions on eShop have the same price as retail.Which is insane.I will never buy a digital game, only if it's exclusive.

But there would be a lot of people who would abuse this and just play pirated roms.Honestly I would do that too sometimes (with a feeling of guilt), but if I like a game I would definetely buy it someday.I like having original games.Some games are really not worth your money, they may be worth something, but prices are insane, at least in my country.

20. SuperSVGA

SuperSVGA GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    United States
    Sadly many of the things I would like would require kernel access.

But for those who want a Play Coin Setter, it would totally be possible as long as Smealum's exploit has access to Play Coin transactions. Of course he could probably block this if he wanted.