OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes9x GX Version: 4.3.1 v1
Cover Mod Version: 4.3.1 v1

I have read through the thread titled 'Snes9xGX Cover+ & co' and I have been successful in installing Wiimpathy's mod. The cover flow shows up, but none of my covers are being displayed. Instead, there is a generic cover with a '?' in the middle of it. I got all of the box art from the Cover Art Project but noticed that the files are not formatted to work with the Wiimpathy's mod. As such, I used Photoshop to rotate, crop, and resize the images as well as changing them from JPG to PNG.

Now, all of my cover files are formatted as follows.

File Type: PNG
Size: 316px by 224px with 8 bits per channel

My 'snes9xgx' folder is in the root of my SD card and my ROMs and covers are contained in the following locations and I have confirmed in my Snes9x GX settings that my ROM Load and Cover Load folders are pointed to these folders.

ROM Folder: snes9xgx\roms
Cover Folder: snes9xgx\covers

I renamed each PNG file to exactly match my ROM file and I have the ROM and Cover files in the appropriate folders. For example:

ROM: snes9xgx\roms\Alien 3.sfc
Cover: snes9xgx\covers\Alien 3.png

Can anyone spot where my issue is here? I have seen people suggest using WiiFlow, but it loads very slowly on my Wii so I would prefer to use Snes9x GX which is very fast. I have scoured all of the forums cover Wiimpathy's mod, but I can't find a solution to my issue.

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look.

alLanDaiShan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, off the top of my head I want to say 24 bits

Hey mastershoes! I saw a bunch of your posts in all of the threads that I read. Thanks for your response. So, I looked into that and apparently 8 bits per channel = 24 bits (8 bits x 3 channels = 24 bits).

Since my Snes9x GX is version 4.3.1 v1, I considered updating it to a higher version (e.g. 4.3.8) and using the Wiimpathy cover mod that matches that version, but I was unsure if that would help.

Btw, I am on Wii Version 4.3U if that matters in this situation.

Last edited by alLanDaiShan,

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROM: snes9xgx\roms\Alien 3.sfc
Cover: snes9xgx\covers\Alien 3.png

cover needs to be renamed to snes9xgx\covers\Alien 3.sfc.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol