Hacking Smealum postpones SSSpwn release

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
why not another dev just search for a game exploit? the tools to extract stuff from the roms were released just recently, i'm pretty sure someone else can make a usermode exploit :)

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
both should be locked. this trend of posting everything smea tweets needs to stop.

Or leave Yoshi's thread open and lock this one?
It's actually a good discussing topic, but I do agree very much with you that there shouldn't be a new topic everytime he posts a tweet.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when that Japanese release rolls in, assuming the exploit even still works at all, it'll be `better to wait for the US and Europe releases` too. And so it rolls on...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the japanese release is in like 1 month.....im sure you can all wait if its the best chance of getting a foot in the door of the new 3DS....that thing would be much better suited for homebrew, so if smealum feels this is the best way in.....i wouldn't argue

Nintendo should of just waited a few days to announce this XD

Reactions: weatMod

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if the exploit is fixed in the japanese version, it'll be fixed in the US version, so there will be no reason to wait any longer since it won't work anyway.

if the exploit isn't fixed in the japanese version, and he releases it, it will probably be fixed when the english version gets released.

In which case, in the meantime he can poke around in the japanese firmware and see if he can find any other exploits. if he finds any, he can comfortably release ssspwn and sit on the additional exploits so that even if they patch ssspwn in the meantime, he'll have something else to work with and have a new entry point ready by the western release.

If it's not fixed in the japanese version, and he can't find any other exploits, then we're in a bit of a pickle, since releasing the exploit will almost certainly see it fixed in the western release, leaving us with nothing.

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I knew that it was a big bunch of bullshit. Screw New 3DS, it's not going to get released outside of Japan until 2015.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think it could be delayed even by 2 weeks and that would pretty much guarantee that the new 3ds would hopefully have at least have 1 unpatched FW version

i think the point is that if he has somewhere to start i.e even only the japanese launch models he can then carry on his work and release ssspwn for the masses and look elsewhere on the new 3ds

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't you just love it when authors and developers are full of empty promises and bullshit?

Not saying he's full of bullshit and empty promises, but maybe this the right thing to do.
But I agree it's a very big let down, I was REALLY excited about this....

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread needs to be locked. HE DID NOT SAY IT WON'T BE RELEASED! He said POSTPONED! stop spreading misinformation. Everyone needs to calm down.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew it was wrong to trust in someone who can't fulfill a promise. The 3DS scene is full of shit.

When will you stop complaining? This is an important tweet to discuss.

An important tweet where Smealum has said that he's pretty much not going to release it. Oh yes, that's like making a tweet about taking a dump, nothing but bullshit.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the japanese release is in like 1 month.....im sure you can all wait if its the best chance of getting a foot in the door of the new 3DS....that thing would be much better suited for homebrew, so if smealum feels this is the best way in.....i wouldn't argue

Nintendo should of just waited a few days to announce this XD
And when the console comes out and the exploit is already patched (either through newer firmware or via hardware) then we have waited an extra month for what, exactly? It's his exploit so he can do with it what he will, but I don't see the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s