Hacking Smealum postpones SSSpwn release

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
one look at all the bitching in this thread and smealum would probably know he has done the right thing.......i mean seriously there is like 2 homebrew programs available your hardly missing out on much, people are so short sighted

Katana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's good to wait and research the new hardware. This serves as time to polish the loader and tweak it up more.

Edit:

one look at all the bitching in this thread and smealum would probably know he has done the right thing.......i mean seriously there is like 2 homebrew programs available your hardly missing out on much, people are so short sighted

That too. There's nothing really interesting homebrew-wise to play with.

Reactions: Celice

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course with the game being hinted at so much he's also now given Nintendo a vast acre of time to run their own looks at blocking it, and with that the odds of the game being pulled before release skyrocket. Potentially leaving that current base of 3DS owners stuck in limbo and early adopters out of luck before it's even released.
Bad bad bad handling.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it's delayed. He wouldn't be postponing this if there wasn't a valid reason. Some people need patience. Yeah, it sucks waiting, but some people forget to appreciate just what he's doing. If anyone else can do this and release an exploit, do it. Otherwise, have some patience. :)

he always finds a reason not to release anything !

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's face it, he's not gonna release it now.

dude, you're like fuming with rage 'cause he didn't release an exploit that he had no obligation to release to the public to begin with..

If you have all the time to rant here in the forums, why don't you look for an exploit in your 3DS, I wanna see how far you go..

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the release schedule is ~2015 now? Damn, 3DS scene is doing well.

By the time this is out, Gateway and other Flashcards will already support newer 3DS versions and kill this.

I wouldn't count on it, the only reason we can pirate on the 3DS is because Nintendo wasn't careful with their firmware...I don't think they will make the same mistake twice. Then again, who knows what will happen.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
this really sucks. i have lost faith in the 3DS scene. we got another mathieulh from the ps3 scene. prob same dude.

i almost feel like its fake, this is what i'd expect from someone faking all this info.
yeah he probably faked the nintendo announcement just so he could call it off :wacko:

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't count on it, the only reason we can pirate on the 3DS is because Nintendo wasn't careful with their firmware...I don't think they will make the same mistake twice. Then again, who know what will happen.

Well, SSSpwn works with the latest firmware (apparently). User-mode exploits usually lead to kernel exploits!

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's holding back legitimate developers that don't care to support things such as the gateway card as well. The longer this gets pushed off, the longer the homebrew scene will take to really take off.

MOHRCORE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe it was alredy said, but i think he done right. If he release his exploit, Nintendo would be able to make new 3DS resistant to it. It's just pure logic and calculation - it's always better, when things which you make works with more cases.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I think it's bad move. His exploit will probably get patched by then

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Hardware has a 2-3 month minimum lead time so i don't see what he accomplishes by waiting. Its going to have <=8.1.0-19 anyway.

And?

The exploit has been around since the 3DS game the exploit uses was created, I believe. It was found around 6.1. Firmware version means nothing when Nintendo have literally nothing to go on on how to block it.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Makes me wounder if it even ever exists and is just a massive troll thing going on! has anyone actually got hard proof for this smealum exploit even running? Why wait until this next 3DS is released???, sounds an excuse to me. Sure this person is not just pulling alot of peoples toggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr