Hacking Smealum postpones SSSpwn release

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
all the tools are there to start developing, even if you dont care for supporting gateway its no reason you couldn't get started on making some homebrew....maybe sending it to someone else to test if you really object to getting a gateway yourself

so lets just say he delays for 6 weeks....that's a good amount of time to get started on a project in the mean time

Reactions: zhdarkstar

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The unjustified sense of entitlement that I constantly witness in the hacking/homebrew community never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how many complainers on this thread have ever donated to Smealum, or to ANYONE, for that matter.

If you're that impatient, learn to hack yourself, or get a job and buy the games you want. No one in the scene owes anyone shit. Be grateful for the dedicated modders and hackers that make all of these countless hours of enjoyment and entertainment possible.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why not another dev just search for a game exploit? the tools to extract stuff from the roms were released just recently, i'm pretty sure someone else can make a usermode exploit :)
Why don't scientists just search for the cure for cancer? I mean, we've been doing so much research for so long, surely someone can make a cancer cure, amiright?

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While, i am a little bummed out over this delay.... I have to remember, that he knows this stuff better then me. I know there is like 99% chance that these new 3DS systems will have pretty much completely different type of chips and hardware. I do have a question, I thought the exploit was Software based, not hardware?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What bad luck, if Nintendo announced the New 3DS tomorrow, we probably would have had the exploit today.

actually, he decided to release it on saturday evening, after someone suggested that it would be the best time to give as much time as possible to buy the eshop version of the needed game before nintendo removed it (IF nintendo would have removed it).

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1/ smealum works on an exploit
>> *praise* he's god !!!! *hourra* hail to the king baby :bow:

2/ smealum decides to delay its release
>> *whining* he's evil !!!! *bouhouhou* :cry: *whining* *lot of whining* *more and more whining* *lame comments* * whining*

3/ smealum releases its exploit
GOTO 1/

binary thinking. Everything is black or white. And if someone does not make things like YOU want, it becomes instantly a bad guy
pathetic (again).

and you will cry again if his exploit is blocked on the New 3DS because he released it too early ! :rolleyes:

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The unjustified sense of entitlement that I constantly witness in the hacking/homebrew community never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how many complainers on this thread have ever donated to Smealum, or to ANYONE, for that matter.

If you're that impatient, learn to hack yourself, or get a job and buy the games you want. No one in the scene owes anyone shit. Be grateful for the dedicated modders and hackers that make all of these countless hours of enjoyment and entertainment possible.

That's what I've been trying to say. People are easy to complain and express their impatience. But they don't have a moment to respect and appreciate all the hard work and time that's put into making these hacks and exploits.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs