ROM Hack Skyrim mods not working

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeppers. Renamed the plugins file so it would stop loading, but the mods don't load whether I use the patch or delete it and its files completely. The ini files are where they should be, with the mod files in the data folder.

Attachments

• ini files.JPG
    ini files.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 100

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeppers. Renamed the plugins file so it would stop loading, but the mods don't load whether I use the patch or delete it and its files completely. The ini files are where they should be, with the mod files in the data folder.
You must either use the plugins file or the main ini file to load the mods, not both. Also, if you are gonna use the plugins file, you have to put the exefs patch in the atmosphere\exefs_patches folder.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the exefs_patches folder. I just disabled the plugins file since your skyrim.ini file already listed the esp files; it's one or the other, and since the ini had the data already, I killed the patch.

Neither way works.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
It's in the exefs_patches folder. I just disabled the plugins file since your skyrim.ini file already listed the esp files; it's one or the other, and since the ini had the data already, I killed the patch.

Neither way works.
In that case, delete the plugins file instead of just renaming it. And also delete the exefs patch (or just back it up in your PC in case you wanna use it at some point).
I don't think that will solve the problem but at least won't be another obstacle while we are trying to solve this.

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, delete the plugins file instead of just renaming it. And also delete the exefs patch (or just back it up in your PC in case you wanna use it at some point).
I don't think that will solve the problem but at least won't be another obstacle while we are trying to solve this.
I've tried it with the files deleted and with them renamed (on most systems, mangling the filetype renders a file inoperable), same behavior with the mods not loading

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is starting to look like the game is only loading the expected (vanilla) esm files and stopping after that. You are using the Bypass plugin limit correct?

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is starting to look like the game is only loading the expected esm files. You are using the Bypass plugin limit correct?
I have tried the plugin, and I've tried it without (editing the skyrim/en ini files with the plugin files deleted) and neither way will load the mods.

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried the plugin, and I've tried it without (editing the skyrim/en ini files with the plugin files deleted) and neither way will load the mods.
That bypass limit is a must. Without it no mods will load and it will only load the vanilla esm files.

So lets take a step back and see. Can you post pictures of the following folders:
atmosphere\contents\01000A10041EA000\romfs\

atmosphere\exefs_patches\SkyrimPluginPatch\

Edit:

Inside the romfs folder Plugins should look like this inside a proper text editor (notepad ++ for example)
# Add your plugins below in the order you want them to load. The 1st plugin you add is the first one that loads.
# A * in front of the mod name means its enabled. Example below.
# Due to a bug in Skyrims code, the more plugins you add the more lag you will see in game.

*Cheat Room.esp
*Light Emiting Magika Sabers SSE.esp
*Book Covers Skyrim.esp
*Immersive Jewelry.esp
*SMIM-SE-Merged-NoRiftenRopes-NoSolitudeRopes.esp
*QuestDebugger.esp

Edit 2: I'm wondering if for some reason the ips file isn't being loaded?

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That bypass limit is a must. Without it no mods will load and it will only load the vanilla esm files.
Should it not be either I add the esm files in the skyrim.ini file and NOT use the patch (since I don't have more than 10 mods to load) or I add the esm files to the plugins file? One or the other, but not both?

Attachments

• patch.JPG
    patch.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 93
  • ini files.JPG
    ini files.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 96

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should it not be either I add the esm files in the skyrim.ini file and NOT use the patch (since I don't have more than 10 mods to load) or I add the esm files to the plugins file? One or the other, but not both?
No the patch is what loads the ini file, and then it allows extra esm files. OR the plugin file loads the listed esm files that are marked with an *.

Both methods require the ips file to work.

Post your patch file so we can look at it too.

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the patch is what loads the ini file, and then it allows extra esm files. OR the plugin file loads the listed esm files that are marked with an *.

I tried it that way in the beginning, adding the esp files to both the sTestFile# list and to the plugins folder with *, but then was informed that I should only use one or the other. It was in the first guide I followed, to use all three files (plugins, skyrim, and skyrim_en)

Just added them back to the plugins file

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would use the ini file from the bypass plugin limit and just modify the plugin file as I posted above. Try that and see if it works.

If I'm right the plugin file is loaded last, much like how it defines what mods get loaded on PC. If it's empty then chances are it's going to just default to the regular vanilla esm files and no mods.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
That's not true at all. You can load mods without it by simply adding them into the main ini. You'll have to respect the limit, but they will load anyways.

This is also incorrect. The patch doesn't load the ini files, LayeredFS does. The exefs patch is what loads the Plugins fie.
And having only the ini file doesn't require the patch at all.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not true at all. You can load mods without it by simply adding them into the main ini. You'll have to respect the limit, but they will load anyways.

This is also incorrect. The patch doesn't load the ini files, LayeredFS does. The exefs patch is what loads the Plugins fie.
And having only the ini file doesn't require the patch at all.
I had thought the hard limit for this version was 6 esm files.

I also assumed the only way it would accept a modified ini files was with an IPS patch. Good to know

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I spent the last 30mins or so reading up on this.

LeyendaV's .ini file should load all your mods assuming LayeredFS is loading the new ini file...

Are you testing with a brand new save for this?

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both- in-progress save and starting a new game from pulling into Helgen. No go on either

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Weird thing is, he shouldn't need a fresh save slot in the system's internal memory in order to load mods. A prompt warning him about mods being loaded should appear when showing the title screen, and that's about it.

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried both- in-progress save and starting a new game from pulling into Helgen. No go on either
Ok good.
Weird thing is, he shouldn't need a fresh save slot in the system's internal memory in order to load mods. A prompt warning him about mods being loaded should appear when showing the title screen, and that's about it.
Your right it doesn't, though it does look like AMS isn't loading the .ini file through LayeredFS like it should.

Curiously what AMS version are you using right now LeyendaV?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...