Sega, Capcom And Namco Bandai Team Up For Mystery Nintendo Project

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no...Capcom and Namco are notorious for making fans pay for content they already bought when they bought the game cartridge...look at their track record...
Point to me the difference between content that is on the disc/cartridge but is unavailable without a special DLC code you buy online and content that is not on the disk and which you have to buy and dowload separatelly.

Both are unavailable to you, both are intended to be purchased. If anything, both companies save your precious time by not making you download a whole lot of stuff. Even companies that make downloadable DLC's are already half-way through developing them the day they release the game, mister - don't be deluded.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
no...Capcom and Namco are notorious for making fans pay for content they already bought when they bought the game cartridge...look at their track record...
Point to me the difference between content that is on the disc/cartridge but is unavailable without a special DLC code you buy online and content that is not on the disk and which you have to buy and dowload separatelly.

Both are unavailable to you, both are intended to be purchased. If anything, both companies save your precious time by not making you download a whole lot of stuff. Even companies that make downloadable DLC's are already half-way through developing them the day they release the game, mister - don't be deluded.
are you seriously defending companies that make you pay for stuff that's already on the disc

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

are you seriously defending companies that make you pay for stuff that's already on the disc
You're not supposed to access said content without a code - it's there for convinience sake. Yes, I am defending companies which do that because they could just as well host the same content online - there is no difference other then download time.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The whole DLC model stinks, it should be used for fix patches and SIZEABLE add ons like The Shivering Isles for Oblivion. A few different coloured costumes or a weapon or 2 should be free or included at retail.
The fact is nowadays content IS purposely held back in order to charge for at a later date, day 1 DLC is just baffling to me.

It's like pay per view boxing, when it came out everyone was pissed but they still paid £10 or whatever to watch a big fight, now it is the norm.
If everyone refused to pay it it would still be free like it used to be, the same could be said for DLC.

Just my thoughts, I truly hate how we are being milked. People will always say herpa derp if you don't like it don't buy it, which is good enough, but when you see Ridge Racer Vita releasing with 6 cars and 3 tracks, you are pretty much forced to buy extras if you want to further enjoy the game. I feel sorry for the uneducated buying that game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The whole DLC model stinks, it should be used for fix patches and SIZEABLE add ons like The Shivering Isles for Oblivion. A few different coloured costumes or a weapon or 2 should be free or included at retail.
The fact is nowadays content IS purposely held back in order to charge for at a later date, day 1 DLC is just baffling to me.

It's like pay per view boxing, when it came out everyone was pissed but they still paid £10 or whatever to watch a big fight, now it is the norm.
If everyone refused to pay it it would still be free like it used to be, the same could be said for DLC.

Just my thoughts, I truly hate how we are being milked. People will always say herpa derp if you don't like it don't buy it, which is good enough, but when you see Ridge Racer Vita releasing with 6 cars and 3 tracks, you are pretty much forced to buy extras if you want to further enjoy the game. I feel sorry for the uneducated buying that game.
The way I see it, "nobody said it's going to be cheap". Gaming isn't like eating or breathing - it's entertainment, it's not "necessary to live", thus nobody's forcing you to buy anything. DLC is pretty much the only way to make money without worrying about piracy nowadays and also a good way to treat the fans who bought a given game - companies flood games with DLC content so that when you buy the game, you get options - when you pirate it, you don't. The fact that sometimes those options are ones you shouldn't care for if you're sane are a different story.

Truth to be told, I hate "costume downloads" as much as you do and I think that only big mission packs should be considered DLC that's download-worthy, but I can see where Capcom and their likes are comming from when they release small ones for a buck or two. They're cheapo and some people actually like to "pimp their character", so why not profit from it? It's a buisness afterall.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
so if someone decides to lock 3/4 of the game off for dlc and you can't finish the game without it, you'd be okay with this - even if you paid full retail for the game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so if someone decides to lock 3/4 of the game off for dlc and you can't finish the game without it, you'd be okay with this - even if you paid full retail for the game.
You conviniently forgot our last conversation about patches - I thought I said clearly that a game needs to be perfectly playable from start to finish the moment it hits the market.

If someone decides to lock 3/4 of the game off for DLC, I have the option not to buy the game if it's not interesting enough for me to validate a purchase. I can also wait for a GOTY or Second edition if the game turns out to be great and will be released in a Pack with all of the DLC's. I'm the buyer - I decide whether to buy something or not. They are the developers, they decide how to develop and market it.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Namco-Bandai has rights to a whole hell of a lot things especially anime related stuff, if this would be a fighter we could have everything from Nanoha to Sophie and Yuri, then you got Capcom with Street Fighter and Phoenix Wright. Sega has Sonic. Banpresto is in this so the game may end not a trainwreck, but a train derailment.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
capcom1hj32.png

namcobandai7tkb6.png

sega4gjtu.png

Well, it got even more mysterious ... ADN ? Look like they represent characters...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof