Bandai Namco job listings point to potential remaster of a Nintendo 3D action game

bandai_namco_logo_2.0.jpg

Based on some job listings on Bandai Namco's Japanese website, it looks like they may be working on remastering a 3D action game from Nintendo. Posted on resetera by user snikdasnek, there are three recent job listings on their website that point to the potential collaboration. One listing is for a planner, requiring experience with action game level design, working on a 3D action game from Nintendo. The other two positions are for visual artists, one of which needs to "perform HD remastering of the 3D background" (according to Google Translate), while both of them need to be able to port existing material to Bandai Namco's in-house game engine and create 3D backgrounds for a 3D action game.

While we can only speculate on what the game might be, many commentors seem to believe it could be a new Star Fox game, as the series has been dormant for some time and Namco has experience with the series, having developed Star Fox: Assault for the GameCube in 2005.

:arrow: Source

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they say a 3d action game from nintendo so it could be alot of games, i would love a remaster/remake/sequel of Geist.

But yeah considering they say from nintendo it must be a game that was released only on nintendo consoles and its 3d that rules out older snes/nes stuff and even some recent 2d ones.

Could be anything really, and yeah i would like a remaster of starfox assault for sure.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would make sense nintendo push its titles to third parties who actually do a fucking better job than they do themselves.

To be fair, what have nintendo actually done to improve on their promise yet again, even they couldn't be fucking arsed with the switch and ported its old shit over, like its not bad enough nintendo games are just as bad as EA FIFA games.

I guess they know their devoted fans will blindly defend them regardless and keep re buying the same shit.

So nintendo had more spare time trying to take anyone they can find to court and sue them.

They probably had higher financial gains through the corrupt court system than they did game sales.

As for star fox, adventures was good, different spin on the game while keeping its original format.

Then assault was just a pile of shit.

Then we go back to recycling the old version, so let's hope this isn't a bullshit hd "remaster" for the switch because the switch cant really run much in full HD..... I mean wow, lets enjoy these watered down textures, models, low frames, draw distance in HD and portable OLED.

Fucking clowns.

Last edited by Spider_Man,
Reactions: adamsef

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp Except I'm 100% serious. There are threads here and many other places with discussion of those games. 100% game saves have even been uploaded to gbatemp in 2022. Many are also complaining that none of them are included in the upcoming Pac-Man Museum+ collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch