Bandai Namco job listings point to potential remaster of a Nintendo 3D action game

bandai_namco_logo_2.0.jpg

Based on some job listings on Bandai Namco's Japanese website, it looks like they may be working on remastering a 3D action game from Nintendo. Posted on resetera by user snikdasnek, there are three recent job listings on their website that point to the potential collaboration. One listing is for a planner, requiring experience with action game level design, working on a 3D action game from Nintendo. The other two positions are for visual artists, one of which needs to "perform HD remastering of the 3D background" (according to Google Translate), while both of them need to be able to port existing material to Bandai Namco's in-house game engine and create 3D backgrounds for a 3D action game.

While we can only speculate on what the game might be, many commentors seem to believe it could be a new Star Fox game, as the series has been dormant for some time and Namco has experience with the series, having developed Star Fox: Assault for the GameCube in 2005.

:arrow: Source

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap like Tales of Arise, Scarlet Nexus or Elden Ring? Yeah, what a load of crap... smh
This was my own opinion so no need to “smh” at me
I’m sure there all wonderful games and not crap but I have a family to raise! I don’t have the luxury of playing for 50 minutes nevermind 50 hours plus!
Namco we’re always known for fast exciting arcade type games what would be ideal for me in my situation!
I have a series x and I play ridge racer 6 I still play tekken etc and retroarch games..
I prefer quicker arcade type games!

Reactions: marioxb

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This was my own opinion so no need to “smh” at me
I’m sure there all wonderful games and not crap but I have a family to raise! I don’t have the luxury of playing for 50 minutes nevermind 50 hours plus!
Namco we’re always known for fast exciting arcade type games what would be ideal for me in my situation!
I have a series x and I play ridge racer 6 I still play tekken etc and retroarch games..
I prefer quicker arcade type games!
That's what MAME is for. Literally hundreds of gems that are perfect for a quick blast.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Missed this article... Star Fox is coming back? That would be great, since the last appearance of Star Fox was in StarLink: Battle for Atlas for the Nintendo Switch (which bombed, but I like it!), and the last game with him as a central character was Star Fox Zero (which was posthumously released under the direction of Satoru Iwata... RIP). I wonder what's next?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow