OP
Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
FajduFZXEAM-9l3.jpg

SEGA announced on their Twitter page this past Friday that they're collaborating with film studio Picturestart to create theatrical adaptations of Space Channel 5 and the Genesis/Mega Drive game Comix Zone. Almost nothing is known about these new films, however it seems like this isn't Picturestart's first attempt at adapting video games to film. As listed on their projects page, which shows everything they've worked on so far, they're also working on a Borderlands movie that's currently in post production. You can find the original announcement tweet here.

Last edited by Spectremint,

Spectremint

OP
Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this means a reboot of said games?
Maybe! Space Channel 5 has been on-and-off for a while now, I think the most recent entry was Kinda-Funky-News Flash, but Comix Zone was a one off game. Personally, I think Comix Zone is going to work VERY well as a movie. The game is short enough and the game being a spoof of comic books in an era where comic book movies are very common is going to do it alot of favors.

Reactions: Veho and tech3475

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe! Space Channel 5 has been on-and-off for a while now, I think the most recent entry was Kinda-Funky-News Flash, but Comix Zone was a one off game. Personally, I think Comix Zone is going to work VERY well as a movie. The game is short enough and the game being a spoof of comic books in an era where comic book movies are very common is going to do it alot of favors.
I can see it now. Comix Zone would earn major points for carrying a strong 'comics are literature too' moral.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo